how to figure out if its even feasible

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

stacylou Posts : 2 Registered: 4/24/12
how to figure out if its even feasible
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 11:57 AM

so i got engaged about 6 weeks ago. fiance and i want to do a destination to USVI so that no one has to get a passport, speak the language, use their american dollar etc. we want to plan about a year and a half out.

but how can we find out if its even feasible to do when i have no idea how much it will cost (unable to set budget) when no one will be able to say if they can go due to lack of budget??

lrussell28 Posts : 5 Registered: 4/24/12
Re: how to figure out if its even feasible
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: stacylou

I am a travel agent and I have a couple of suggestions for you.
No matter how far out your date is, it's good to start looking and choose a resort that you like and also start looking at airfare. This will at least give you a rough idea on what it will cost.
When I set up groups for my clients, I work with the resorts, and depending on how many people do decide to go, you may get a discounted rate. Depending on what type of wedding package, and what resort you choose to stay at you might get some extras for booking your wedding there as well.
I also set up a group reservation, where you choose the resort, and your wedding plans etc, and then each guest can contact me directly and book their tickets. This way, you don't have the stress of dealing with all of your guests, their questions, concerns, etc.
If you need any help planning your wedding, you can contact me and I would be happy to help you:) My email is lizsgreatescapes@gmail.com

stacylou Posts : 2 Registered: 4/24/12
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: lrussell28

thank you! so, is there any way to know even a ballpark figure for the price of a destination wedding for like 10 guests or less? if even the cheapest wedding would cost 30,000 i probably will start to think about a traditional wedding. but if a NICE affordable one for around 12 or so is possible, i can get more serious about my ideas.

Posted: Apr 27, 2012 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: stacylou

Do you have an email address I can email you ideas and prices at?
A lot of the determining factors depend on what you want the price to include? Just you and your fiance for hotel and flights? All of your guests?

What airport will you be flying out of? How many nights do you want to spend? Do you want a simple wedding? Something fancy? There are the simplest of weddings on the beach to full blown fancy weddings. Do you want a cocktail reception, cake, a sit down catered dinner, something simple?
I know you want to stay in the US but there are some resorts such as Sandals that when you book so many rooms, or you book a concierge level room for yourselves that you get a basic wedding package for free.
If you want you can send your email address to my email at lizsgreatescapes@gmail.com and let me know what you two have in mind as far as a wedding and what costs the two of you want to cover and what you want your guests to cover themselves as well as the airport you will be flying out of and how many nights.
Thanks!!

Posted: Apr 27, 2012 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: stacylou

I have a great idea for you on the island of St. Thomas, all-inclusive (is a little more affordable than everyone buying meals and if you were to pay for two people for 1 week there it's only around $2,000) Their weddings start at $1,000 and depending on what you want for a wedding I think you could easily keep the wedding part between $1,000 and $2,500 with 10 guests. The airport you will fly out of, how long you want to stay etc, would vary the cost. If you want shoot me an email or give me yours and the other info and I can work up a more solid price for you!

bennykingston Posts : 4 Registered: 5/10/12
Posted: May 20, 2012 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: lrussell28

Well, I would be interested to hear the price of it. What offer do you have?

YinYogaTraining Posts : 1 Registered: 7/29/12
Price Quote
Posted: Aug 9, 2012 5:36 AM Go to message in response to: bennykingston

I Think it Precious but i will consider a lower bid :-)
Wealth Need Health

Edited by: YinYogaTraining on Sep 8, 2013 3:05 PM

JuliaWillsons Posts : 27 Registered: 9/9/12
Posted: Sep 11, 2012 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: stacylou

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: stacylou

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45683.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: stacylou

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

annatakia Posts : 3 Registered: 9/9/12
Posted: Nov 4, 2012 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: jackson132

hello its good to join this community i am happy to be a part of this forum my name is Anna Livia Takia and i live in Manhattan New York City NY. I am Reiki Training expert and professional in Reiki.

Edited by: annatakia on Sep 29, 2013 4:34 AM

annatakia Posts : 3 Registered: 9/9/12
Posted: Nov 4, 2012 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: jackson132

hello its good to join this community i am happy to be a part of this forum my name is Anna Livia Takia and i live in Manhattan New York City NY. I am Reiki Training expert and professional in Reiki.

Edited by: annatakia on Sep 22, 2013 4:17 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine