possible lost or stolen wedding gift

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 4

SillyBride Posts : 5 Registered: 12/9/10
possible lost or stolen wedding gift
Posted: Jul 6, 2011 7:07 AM

Dear All,

First of all, it doesn't matter to me if a wedding guest did not bring a present but I'm concerned some gifts may have been lost or stolen. We did not receive gifts from two guest whom we would have assumed would have brought something, one of whom even asked me about a registry.

For some reason, the facility decided to make another gift table at a location where the guest entered, not where we originally planned. It was apparently manned by the facility staff and thus nobody in the wedding party was watching. We're wondering if we should try to find out if these folks gave a gift (knowing them, we assumed they would've) and see if their gifts were lost and hopefully not stolen by the facility workers. We need advice on how to ask the guests in a proper manner, in case they did not actually bring gifts. (once again, it doesn't matter if they didn't, we are just concerned that something may have happened to gift)
any advice appreciate.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: possible lost or stolen wedding gift
Posted: Jul 6, 2011 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: SillyBride

Dear SB,

My suggestion is to approach these people privately and tell them your concern.

The facility had a gift table separate from the other table and you suspect gifts might have been stolen. You are embarrassed for many reasons. First, you are afraid of looking gift-grabby by even bringing up the subject of gifts to people who might not have given you a gift, or who might be planning on giving a gift later. Second, you are afraid that people who did give a gift might not receive a proper thank you note. Finally, you want to get your facts together so you can approach the facility with the information and possibly get your gifts returned to your and/or take the facility to court.

So, you need hard facts and your friends are the ones to supply them. Did they leave a gift on the suspect table?

If you discuss this privately with the motivation of "We need to get to the bottom of a possible theft", you will have to hope your good friends understand your sincerity.

LJ2012 Posts : 19 Registered: 6/15/11
Posted: Jul 6, 2011 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Aunt,

I could not have said it better myself.

SB,

Good luck! :)

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: SillyBride

Those are all good ideas.
You might also like this approach:
"In transporting gifts after the reception, some of the cards got separated from the gifts and even lost. We feel terrible about this, but if you did bring a gift to the reception, could you please tell us which gift it was so we can match and know whom to thank?"
It doesn't sound like then you're checking up on any one guest.
Of course it depends on your style. Good luck!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 3:51 AM Go to message in response to: SillyBride

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4902 is just $389.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine