When family is stressing you out, years later it just might make you smile.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1
Posted: Jan 10, 2005 2:25 PM

I wanted to share this sweet story about my grandfather. About five years ago my grandfather passed away and many of the people that spoke at his funeral, myself including, shared wonderful stories about him. Years ago my aunt got engaged and the day that the ivitations arrived she found out her fiancee was heavy into drugs and she freaked. She asked my grandfather for advice and he told her to do what was in her heart. So she obviously called it off. Years later, when she did sent out invitations about her wedding to my uncle, my grandfather send out 'joke' invitations to all of his friends where he had crossed off the name of the old groom and handwrote in the new name of the groom. Crossed out the old date and the old groom's parents and handwrote in the new ones. My aunt was mortified at the time, but while sharing this story at my granfather's funeral, it was remarkable that people were chuckling in the audience before the punchline because they had received these joke invitations. This story just goes to show, that when things go wrong they may seem like a big deal today and tomorrow, but down the line sometimes the things our families do that drive us crazy are really quite funny later.

Posted: Jan 11, 2005 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you for sharing this story with us! It's very important for all of us, during this time in our lives, to remember what really matters. Although it may seem like the end of the world right now because your napkins (which your friends and family are just going to wipe their mouths on anyway) turned out to be a shade lighter than your BM dresses, try to keep in mind that there are worse things. Hey, we're getting married!!! Take time away from all the stresses to smile and remember why you said "yes" in the first place! Big Grin

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine