How He Proposed.....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
How He Proposed.....
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:29 PM

January 8, 2006 was my 23rd birthday and my boyfriend of 3.5 years took me to dinner at our favorite restaurant where we had our first date which is Popeye's in Lake Geneva, WI. He was acting different all night and I couldn't tell what was wrong; although he kept saying his stomach was not well. While finishing our meal, he excused himself to the washroom, where he really went to the car to get the ring and tell the hostess he was ready. When he got back, the waiter cleared our table and we began to talk as the waiter came out with a tray and set it in front of me. On the tray were two glasses of champange and a burgandy bag with a rose. I didn't read "Helzberg Diamonds" until he turned the bag towards me. I was speechless!! He asked if I wanted to open the bag, but then suggested that he should. He opened the box, got down on one knee, and asked me if I would marry him. We cried and I said yes! One of the restaurant employees took pictures and they announced to the entire restaurant, "Congratulations to Ashley and Jeffrey on their new engagement!" They brought out an empty bottle of wine with sparklers........it was the most romantic night ever! I totally forgot that it was my birthday!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine