How to hide ugly walls

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

armywifeintrain... Posts : 2 Registered: 5/16/11
How to hide ugly walls
Posted: May 16, 2011 9:42 PM

Hi there,

We have a bit of a problem with the wall decorations at our venue... They're ugly! There are light fixtures; AC controls; boy-scout-style pictures of birds, and stains. How do we cover them?

Swathing the walls in fabric isn't an option because it's not in our budget and because, well look! http://www.gastateparks.org/RichardBRussell/gallery#id=152361 There are too many windows, doors, serving hatches etc to work around, and it would look silly.

We can't take down the pictures, they're nailed to the walls. Changing the venue isn't an option: I know it doesn't look much in the picture but the outside is absolutely stunning, and once it's been decorated the inside will be, too.

What can we do?

*EDIT: sorry, that link doesn't take you to where I thought it does. Click on 'group shelter'. You'll see what I mean.

Edited by: armywifeintraining on May 17, 2011 11:41 AM

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: How to hide ugly walls
Posted: May 16, 2011 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: armywifeintrain...

Dear AW,

Plants.

You can rent plants for the day, or buy plants that can be moved to your or someone's yard.

armywifeintrain... Posts : 2 Registered: 5/16/11
Posted: May 17, 2011 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thanks, but... They're really high on the walls though. Did you see the picture? You can just see one of the pictures.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: May 17, 2011 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: armywifeintrain...

I saw the picture, and I'm trying to comfort you when I say that they're not that bad. While it is comical that they nailed them in (um, are they afraid of art thieves or something?) I can honestly say I have seen much worse.

I think in a case like this, distraction is the key. Dress up the windows a little bit (a potted plant or two?) and remind yourself that people are going to be way more interested in seeing family and friends and celebrating your love than what is hanging on the walls. Just don't put a big focal point, like the cake, right next to the pictures and I bet no one will even look at them. The rest of the venue looks great!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: armywifeintrain...

A-line Dark Purple Strapless Drape Floor-length Prom Dress With Embellished Trim
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Prom Dress,the price is just $139.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-dark-purple-strapless-drape-floorlength-prom-dress-with-embellished-trim-p-31748.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine