Got my veil from ybridal.com today

Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 7

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Got my veil from ybridal.com today
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 6:33 PM

I got my wedding veil from ybridal.com (also known as yes bridal) who is a company in CHINA. I payed $11.44 for this veil, it arrived after 15 days of ordering it. It came without a comb so I have no idea how to put it on my head. I have made a vlog about it so please see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsrWqnOHoY

I plan to get a different veil and to NEVER use this or any other Chinese company again because 1. You get what you pay for and 2. If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Got my veil from ybridal.com today
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Sorry you had a bad experience, but atleast it was only $12 and not hundreds! I was going to tell you that combs can be sewn onto veils very easily, I don't know how, but I had to get a new comb sewn onto mine and my seamstress had no trouble doing it, but then I saw in your video you said that pieces were already falling off. I'm sure you'll find a new veil that has a comb, won't fall apart, and be beautiful!

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

"that's the frickin glue"

haha it sure was! i noticed the globs of glue right away.

honestly, i'm sorry you had to go through that--but that's also what happens when you order something like that from Hong Kong.

I would just count it as you paid $12 for a lesson learned.

You can find really nice and not outrageously priced veils in the US. You don't seem to be happy with it at all so just get a new one so that you feel better on your wedding day.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Try looking on eBay. Lots of ladies have gotten nice, but inexpensive veils on there.

It's not hard to put a veil on a comb, I did mine. But if stuff is falling off - it's not worth it!

Good luck!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Honestly, I went to Davids and bought the plain cheap one in the length I wanted (it was $25)....and I sewed beads onto the veil. (obtained from China via eBay.... Swarovski pearls. They were gorgeous.) My veil looked better than their $300 and $400 veils. I'm very proud of it....and it was completely unique.

It was a LOT of work, and I could see why those $300/$400 veils were that price when I was done though. But mine were hand SEWN....not glued.

Good luck, but I do suggest the DIY option. You can get tulle circles and cheap plastic beads at the craft store for practice.

Misty

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 5, 2012 2:24 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Sorry,i can't see your videos.But i think it should be very delicate and amazing!Hope you would have a great wedding!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine