Help Needed: Bridal Show Handouts

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Help Needed: Bridal Show Handouts
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:11 PM

Hello All,

Once again I'm asking for your input. I'm getting ready for the new bridal show season. I have been giving away a disk with images and other information. However, that is expensive and doesn't seem to be working very well.

Question 1:

I suspect that as brides go through the material, the disk represents more "work" because they need to use their computer and makes comparing to other photographers difficult. Therefore, they don't bother. Is this a correct hypothesis?

Question 2:

If I decide to give something else away with my promotional material, what should it be?

Question 3:

What is a bride looking for on a piece of promotional material (beyond the standard name, address, contact info, website)?

Once again, thank-you for your valuable insights.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Re: Help Needed: Bridal Show Handouts
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

How about a limited-time coupon? I'm more willing to react to something if I can get, say, $50 off if I book you by the end of the month.

Free and pressure-free consultations are always a good thing. If I feel pressured by any vendor I tend to run away as quickly as possible. One of the things that attracted my fiance and I was being able to talk about something else besides your business first. Small talk is huge. We know you're going to be a photographer, but if we recognize you as also a real person we connect with, cha-ching!

Another thing that always grabs me? Food. And not the bowl of candy, as that is something most brides are trying to avoid. Having something like a fruit or veggie tray may attract more brides to mingle in your area (not to mention some grooms, too).

I don't know if any of these things would work, but hopefully it'll get some creative thought going!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Howard - I think you are dead on with why the disk isn't working. You can always have a couple and if anyone asks for one you can give it to them.

I like the idea of a postcard or handout with some pics that are representative of your work on them. You want them big enough though that people can see them, so in that case less is more.

Good luck!

mattandrachael2... Posts : 2 Registered: 3/3/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

I know a lot of vendors want to personalize pricing, but having some general pricing info in your printed material would definitely help me decide whether or not to call you.

We definitely chose our wedding photographer based on a combination of product and personality. Realizing that we are going to spend more time with the photographers than each other was a motivating factor for us! If you can write something personal and quirky as an introduction about yourself that could be a plus!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine