July 2012 Brides

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 202

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Re: July 2012 Brides
Posted: Nov 6, 2010 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I think that I know what I'm going to do now to decorate the pavilion! I just came across the idea. It'll be pretty inexpensive to do but time consuming but that's ok - I have 19 months to do it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Coffee filter pom-poms strung up along the ceiling and some white twinkle lights:

Photobucket

Oh...I ♥ this!! I'm going to go and try this out right now!! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I made one!! It was really easy too. I dyed it yellow with food coloring just to check out that method and it works great if you're going for a pastel color. I'm thinking that coffee would work to make a brown color but I'll have to try that another day.

Photobucket

I'm definitely going to make these for the ceiling!

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

.. thats really pretty! Probably wouldnt cost too much but like you said a lot of time to do but will pay off. :)

The tie we ordered online, well didnt turn out to be the color we thought it was but it will still work.
IMGhttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/xamesterx/wedding/102_0192.jpg[/IMG]

and our flutes I bought from a women. I dont plan to keep them either. Ill just sell them when the wedding is over.

IMGhttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/xamesterx/wedding/102_0197.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 6:08 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

The flutes are really pretty! You have so much stuff with the double hearts! It's going to be really pretty! :)

I like the tie too. It's a really pretty blue!

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

hehheeh.. well blue and green are our colors along with 2 hearts as our theme! :P I wasnt kidding eh.. :P

Yuh the blue tie will work... it'll be ok.

OMG...... we stopped at a dollarstore for a few xmas stuff.. and Nicole comes by and shows me a 5oz flask for 2 bucks. I was pissed.. I said "why did you show me :/" ours are 4 oz.. even smaller. ugh...... but they looked really cheap so I hope to God they arent and theyre gonna be ok. LOL!!!!!!! Or Ill just break down, and buy the ones in store for 30 bucks.

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Oh..I hope that the flasks work out! And if they don't you could always sell them and then use that money toward the flasks in the store.

And good for you for xmas shopping already! I need to get moving in that department! LOL

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Yuh its my first year I a head on the xmas department..haha try to get that out of the way by second week of december to avoid the crowded malls and lineups. Ugh. :P
,... and then it will be my cousins wedding!!

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Well I guess I got inspired last night to go shopping because my FH and I went out and put on a big layaway for the kids. I had the kids about half done already but with the layaway they are finished. Well, I still need about three small things to finish off their stockings but that's not a big deal. And for the adults we are just getting everyone something small this year. In the past, we have spend thousands of dollars on xmas and we're just not doing it anymore.

The kids are each getting 12 things from Santa and 6 small things in their stockings. They are also getting one big present that's for all three of them - but that present will be from us (mom and dad). We got them a nintendo wii. They already have an XBox 360 Elite so I think that they'll enjoy having a wii too.

Our kids make out really good at holidays! They also get presents from Santa at my FMIL's house, they get something from each of their uncles, and their great grandmother, and their two Aunts, and my mom.

So, they'll probably get about 20 presents each this year - plus their stocking here at home and the one at my FMIL's house. OMG! I know that we go way overboard with the presents but it's so EASY to do! LOL

On a wedding planning note, Haha, I'm going to try and dye some of the coffee filters with coffee to see how that works today. I'm thinking that it will work fine but you never know. I'm also kind of stuck on what type of string to buy. The tutorial that I found said to just use something like baker's twine but I would rather use something a bit thinner.

...570 days to go...

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

.. wow sounds like youre pretty much got most of it done. :) Nice job! Nintendo wii is fun, we have the black one. Its super fun. They'll have a blast.

We dont want to out do ourselves either this year, with wanting to buy a house soon. So we are juts gonna get a few things.We went shopping on Saturday and they had 20% off at some store, so at Shoe Moc I got a pair of Merrill slip on boots and she got Skeetcher sneakers. Ill get a few other things and some stocking stuffers. I cant say too much because she likes to read our blogs. LOL :)

I seen some place cards for 6 bucks, they were 10.50 at walmart btu they only had 40 and I need about 50. So I put them back. lol. I want to check out staples and see what they have. I have those dollarama ones but I dunno..theyre kinda mall and the design its very light and grey. I was thinking I could make them nicer.. but Nicole says the ones from dollar store will do the trick.. I gotta stop fussing!!!! LOL

Nicoles sister our MOH goes to New Hampshire every year for four days in Nov. So I said we were going to go next year and go shopping with them. They hit all the outlets and always come back with great deals! :) I still like the paper lanterns.. they are cheap on line but Nicole says she doesnt like them. I said lets not rule it out till we see where we will have the venue. I think it'll be nice and an easy way to decorate. We will see .... :P

..Oh also try tea bags.. they work as well for dying things.

Edited by: AmyandNic on Nov 10, 2010 11:43 AM

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 7:11 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I hear you on wanting to keep xmas small! The only tough part is the little ones. We won't cut down on their xmas. But we're not going to be spending $100+ on each of the adults in our family anymore so that should cut the amount of money that we're spending this year quite a bit.

Oh no don't give away any xmas present surprises!! Haha

Oh good to know about the wii! I bought the white one with sports resort or something like that.

I would try and google some ideas to spruce up the placecards that you already have. See if anything really jumps out at you. They are easy to make too if you decided to try that. I've seen some really creative ones at www.theknot.com.

I like the paper lanterns too! :) Maybe she would like them in a different shape other than a sphere? And I'm with you for finding easy ways to decorate! Once you get your venue figured out everything will fall into place!

OHHHH....I LOVE big shopping trips like that! I haven't done a big trip in awhile though. Maybe in the spring??

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I think that I will try the tea bags! Thanks! The coffee did work though but I think that the tea might give me a darker color than the coffee did.

Here's the 200 coffee filters that I did yesterday-

Photobucket

I dyed them, dried them and grouped them in bunches of ten and stapled them together. I'm not going to fluff them yet though because there's a year and a half until I need them and they'll be easier to store flat.

I like the cappacino color of them though. I'm going to get more filters over the weekend. 200 filters = 20 pom-poms so you need quite a lot of them! :)

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I really like the vibe of this wedding -
http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/real-weddings/2010/08/Michigan-Real-Weddings-Kali-Carson#slide=1

This weekend I'm going to sit down and really iron out some definite ideas for the wedding! There are so many ideas that I like. I really need to start filtering them and shape them into a more cohesive vision.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

... ya I hear ya.. deciding and finalizing what you want and dont want. I forgot to stop at Staples to look at what they have for business cards/ table name cards. (urgh..) They still have the 40 I was looking at at walmart but I know Id be short a few.. for head table anyhow. I hate when you are just short a few and have to buy a new package. Frustrating!!! lol

My head is wracked up around christmas so wedding planning is on hold. Havent looked much around for dresses. I dont wnat to set my eye on something now and then may see something else I love. So much to decided. Cant we just snap our fingers and everything be done?! :P

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

.....OH! and i just talked to my best friend since forever, and she is going to be in our wedding party! So i dont need to stress over that anymore. I hadnt had the chance to talk to her, she runs her own business, has a 3 yr old and is pregnant again. So she hardly has any extra time lately... haha. Ouch. She asked me why I was waiting so long!! hahaah and that she cant wait. Im so releaved. ;)

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 6:53 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Oh, that's so nice about your friend being in your wedding now!

I know - I hate when you need 7 of something and you have to buy the package of 24 or when you need 25 of something and you have to get two packages of 24. It's frustrating.

I haven't been on here for the past couple of days because I caught the bug that my FH had and it really knocked me for a loop. I'm still not 100% yet but everyday I feel a little better. And now the little ones are starting to not feel so great. I hate when they're sick.

Yeah, I won't be doing anything much for the wedding until after New Year's too. I may be going dress shopping in the spring. That's when my aunt is planning on coming for a visit and I think that she would like to be a part of that experience.

On a side note, this is my favorite outdoor wedding that I found online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glassandplastic/sets/72157606130550118/

I really like the simplicity of it. My FH really liked that they had cupcakes. I guess it was a new idea to him! :)

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I FOUND OUR CATERER!! They have exactly what I want and their prices are very reasonable. I'll post more about that tomorrow though or the next day.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine