July 2012 Brides

Online Users: 1,235 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 202

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Re: July 2012 Brides
Posted: Oct 24, 2010 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

You are almost to a year and a half left!!! I cant wait to start saying a year and half till the wedding. :P

I defintley will be wearing the traditonal white wedding dress. I had order one at Sears but it was just too plain and didnt look good at all. Hopefully by June we will have pruchased the dress. Actually I should go look now and see if they have sales, this way next year will give me an idea of when to buy it.

Jaymee Posts : 143 Registered: 10/6/10
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 6:04 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I know!! I can't wait until I can say the wedding is June 2nd and I don't have to throw the 2012 on the end of it!

I've decided on what the guys will be wearing: dress pants, button down dress shirt and a very light vest of some sort. No suits or ties. They can take the vest off after the ceremony. If my FH really hates the vest idea then they can wear khaki pants and a hawaiian type of shirt. But not a crazy loud patterned one.

I can't wait to go dress shopping! I was thinking about ordering one online from David's Bridal but I'm too scared! LOL

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I just ordered the stickers for my favors. I'm going to use either clear bags or paper bags so I wanted a sticker for them instead of a favor tag. I ordered them from Vista Print. Seriously I LOVE that site! I got 140 favor stickers for FREE! I just had to pay $3.35 for shipping.

They look like this:
Photobucket

They say:
Thank You
Our Names
June 2, 2012

Even if I change my mind and decide to use plain boxes instead for the favors these will still work so I went ahead and ordered them. Yay! Another good deal!

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

My bestman ( my brother) and I believe the other two have their own tuxes. So Ill they have to get is the matching ties. Im not too sure what Nicole will wear yet, probably a full white suit. We havent seen anything we both liked.

Shopping online can be tricky, too big, too small, alterations.. ahhhhhh.. I know the feeling. A lot of people order online, just get your measurements before ordering! :) With me going to the gym, Im going to wait. I want to get down a few sizes before the wedding. I dont want to order a dress yet and have to get it altered.

Yes for sure leaving out 2012.. I know Im soo excited and cant wait. Soon to be a year and half for me as well. Still feelsgreat getting congradulated and asked when the big day is and all. LOVE IT! and cant wait for it to be hereeeeee!!!! :D after this wedding, I dunno what Im going to so with all my free time, maybe plan other people's wedding .. lol!

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 6:43 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I don't know what I'm going to do either after the wedding. I think that there's a few married threads here on brides.com so I may wind up checking them out after the wedding. You're getting closer too! I know what you mean about being excited still. I'm still on kind of a "planning high"!!

I think that will look great with Nic wearing a full white suit! The picture that just popped into my head was Ellen and Portia's wedding. I think that they had such a beautiful wedding and it was small and intimate which I like.

I've been doing a little research on the price for our cake and because our wedding is so small we would probably only need a two tier cake. I was thinking about maybe making a small dessert display with the cake and cookies and maybe chocolate-dipped cake pops. I want to send everyone home with a little piece of cake too though. Do you think that I should just get a big cake? How big will your cake be?

...585 days to go...

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 6:54 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

we are gettin a three tier cake.. and we will save the top.. the rest I hope is gone. I dont want any left over cake. We also are thinking of having cherrycheese cake and lemon marange pie as side desserts after the meal. We will cut the cake after some dancing.

If youre doing a two tier, you may want to do a slab of cake. For me, with the other desserts, there will be enough.

We are going away to another city on Saturday, two hours from here to getaway for the night, so I will check to see what they have for wedding things before we come home.
Need to relax and work has been stressing me lately. lol ;/

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 7:32 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Yeah, I think you're right. I'll probably get a bigger cake so that there's enough.

It's nice to just get away for a bit and relax. Even if it's not that far away I think it helps to clear your mind. HAVE FUN!! Oh and RELAX!! Haha

I have a crazy weekend coming up. My FMIL's birthday, my son's birthday party and halloween with three little ones! So I may not be online much until Monday.

HAVE A NICE TRIP!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

wow -- I guess a crazy weekend. :)
.. but it'll be a lot of fun! :) Enjoy your weekend!!

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Yeah I will be going crazy on Saturday just trying to keep the house clean until Sunday! :)

I ordered a book from Vista Print this morning with our names and wedding date on it. If it's big enough we'll use that for sort of a guest book. I would love it if everyone did something different on each page- wrote down their favorite joke, drew a doodle of us, etc.

Photobucket

Again I just had to pay shipping which was $4.74.

Oh and I am going to go with the red. So the wedding colors are ivory, brown and red! The more I thought about it the more I liked those colors.

Thanks!! Enjoy your weekend too!! :)

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

WHEW!! I AM SO GLAD THAT THE WEEKEND IS OVER!

The party turned out great though and we had a blast trick-or-treating. We went out in a big group like we do every year. I seriously laughed all day! You know the crying, can't breathe, hope I don't pee kind of laughing- that was us all day. It was awesome but a lot of work too.

How was your weekend?

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 6:41 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I'm now at 19 months until the wedding! I know that that's plenty of time but it seems like it was June yesterday!

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 9:02 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

Sounds like a great weekend! :) -- I know that laugh.. I tend to start choking when I laugh so hard.. LOL. uggggh..

We had a good time and saw my brother as well. He goes to University there. It was nice to have lunch and catch up. Time flew by so fast, Ill be in need a break again soon.

My cosuin is gettin married New Years Eve, not my favorable kind of day. I really didnt want to be home to celebrate New Years as theres not much to do but its a wedding with family and friends. ;) So shall be fun.

Not much going on here, work is getting slower and I have requested to leave early everyday instead of-- staying and going retarded. Too much to deal with. LOL This time of year at work sucks and I hate it soo much, I cant wait for our 3 weeks off.. its a blessing. :)

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

I'm glad that you had a good time! And it must of been nice to visit with your brother.

My FMIL and FFIL usually have a New Year's Eve party at their house and so that's where we'll probably be this year.

Oh sorry work stinks right now. It's terrible when the day just drags along. When that happens it just sucks the energy right out of me. Atleast you have a nice vacation coming!! :)

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I just ordered a cake serving set for the wedding! It's really plain but I can add ribbon or flowers to it to spruce it up. It was only $5.95 too! I ♥ ebay!

Photobucket

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: Jaymee

I really need to take pictures of everything I have so you can see. We got the knife set already at michaels, has hearts on the end. Yours is nice. :) I didnt want to get too crafty on somethings so I paid a little more so I dont have to do extra work. ;)

I ordered a tie for my brother on ebay. His has torquoise blue and silver & white but mostly the blueish color we wanted. Got it for 12 bucks.. and we went to a discount store and found two ties, theyre green and black but it shines black.. again Ill get some photos. Theyre perfect and they were $8.88 each + tax. SO not to bad, they came in a cute box so that will be part of their wedding party gift, it was valued at 50 bucks it also came with the cufflings and hankie. My brothers didnt as I got it on ebay so Ill just find something close to our colors. i didnt want plain green as I found it boring. I cant wait to see when its arrives to see it all togther.

I had to clean our the drawer with all our wedding stuff and organized it. kept all the recepits together, our closet is spilling out of wedding stuff. LOL

Again, still looking for a place. Havent decided on anythin about it..inside/outside, do we want to do the arch or not, i want something different. :) I soo cant wait to see it all. I cant wait for my cousins wedding.. i didnt think I was gettin an invite. I will defintley but the wedding frames for her wedding gift.. lol. Buy one, get one free.. hey why not.. it was $100.. saves me $50. LOL.. plus she doesnt have a Michaels store, so she will never know! Love a good steal of a deal!!!! :D

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine