What Was Your First Dance Song?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: What Was Your First Dance Song?
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: HereComesTheGroom

Love your profile picture, Groom. You two look cute together.

My DH and I used "L.O.V.E." (the Michael Buble version). We debated over using "Fever" and "Could I have this Dance for the Rest of My Life"

Could I have this Dance -- the lyrics are perfect...but the song is country, and that ish wasn't going to be played at our reception. Period. :) (I live in the South. It's everywhere. It wasn't going to be there.)

Fever and L.O.V.E. were rather close...same feel, musically. (We wanted swing)... but the lyrics of L.O.V.E. just suited better.

And Howard... those songs are among my favorites....of course, I prefer the in movie version to the pop release

Misty

CarmelaKasel Posts : 1 Registered: 8/22/10
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 3:14 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

i will always love you!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: CarmelaKasel

When You Love a Woman, Journey, 1st dance and my mom played the instrumental for me to walk down the aisle to.

Disney...yep, super expensive. But then, so are concerts and other things like sports. We watched our Journey Escape concert dvd last night, again, (for our at home date night) and noted at the end, on the ticket, it was $11 which included the $.65 parking fee!

I guess we'll have to suck up the disney prices though, cause we'll be taking the grandbabies when they are old enough. At least one time anyway.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: HereComesTheGroom

Hey all,

I deleted some spam from this thread and accidentally deleted a few legitimate replies too. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't think I was deleting your comments.

-Allison

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

LOL - Allison, I was like what happened on the First Dance Thread that the Mod had to step in?!?!?! LOL

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hahahaha. Yeah, I think first dance songs are the furthest thing from a "hot button" topic on these boards. ;)

-Allison

dogbride Posts : 41 Registered: 4/22/10
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 8:34 AM Go to message in response to: HereComesTheGroom

We are still deciding on our song for October, but I thought I'd share this cute idea.

My friend's one year anniv was recently, and she and her husband were given a framed copy of the lyrics to their first dance song. (the person had typed it up-put on nice paper, then got a frame with a mat).

It was a nice idea, so in case anyone is looking for a gift to make.

GreatLakesBride Posts : 6 Registered: 9/14/10
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: dogbride

thats a really nice idea!

well our wedding isn't for a year or so, but we've already decided on "Then" by Brad Paisley for our first dance. It just sums up how we feel about each other and our relationship.

adver Posts : 1 Registered: 9/19/10
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: 2dBride

PalmerBride Posts : 2 Registered: 6/4/10
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: HereComesTheGroom

Our first dance song is Book of Love by The Magnetic Fields. It is actually a very slow song that is hard to dance too, but my dad is going to perform it live at our wedding on the guitar and harmonica. He put his own twist on it and it is much more danceable now! It is perfect!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine