RSVP Vent

Online Users: 1,368 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
RSVP Vent
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 10:34 AM

This is nothing new to everyone that's already married, but I need to vent and this is the best place for it.

Dear Invited Guests,

I expressly sent out the invitations early with a long decision-making period (invites mailed 10wks before wedding, RSVP deadline 4wks before wedding) to give you time to plan/cost out airplane fare, hotel, babysitters etc etc. I took the time to setup the online RSVP for the tech-savy guests and also included our phone number for the tech-phobic guests, allowing you two easy ways of replying.

AND STILL YOU CANT F-ING RSVP ON TIME?!?!?!
WTF!

And if one more person tells me "well you know I'm coming", I just might take these private thoughts out into the public domain. No loser, I don't know that you're coming because you havent RSVP'd! And since I already reminded you that an important part of RSVP'ing was to pick your meal, guess what, I'm giving you the meal I think you'd like the least.
sinister laugh

Oh, and the best part is that some of the culprits are recently married friends who should definitely know better, and a member of the wedding party. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

Vent over. Can now return to normal self

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: RSVP Vent
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

LOL

Sorry Agape, I am not laughing about the situation - but I LOVE how you put it.

Nothing new, unfortunately.

And I totally hear you about the recently married people. I'm MUCH more sensitive to RSVPing now then I was before I got married.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Dear Agape,

"And if one more person tells me "well you know I'm coming", I just might take these private thoughts out into the public domain."

If you do, just leave out the foul language. Keep that in the Private Thoughts area.

Try something like this with someone who has not yet responded.

You: "Oh, man, is wedding planning ever frustrating. You can't believe the number of people who have not sent in their RSVP cards, nor replied on line. Next week I'm going to have to get on the phone and nail these people down."

Derelict guest: "Well, I haven't sent in a card, yet. I figured you would just know I am coming."

You: "Oh, so you are one of THEM, eh? Do me a favor. Send in the danged (no foul language!) card, which includes your meal choice. (Oscar-winning dramatic voice follows) Oh, please, make my life easier. I'm begging you."

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

I've had at least one person tell me that too. "Oh you know I'm coming". To which I responded "No, I didn't." And followed it up with a joking comment about the food amounts being based on actual RSVP's because darn it food's expensive! I can't remember how I put it exactly now. But yeah, I completely get how you feel!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Well, if it makes you feel any better, in honor of your post, I'm taking out the wedding invitation that's been sitting in my bag for three weeks and finally mailing the RSVP, only two days after it was due, but five days after we called her and told her we'd definitely be coming.

I confess -- I'm a delinquent RSVP-er.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MrsD - But you did call and verbally tell the bride you were definitely coming.

That's still different IMHO. :-P

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Oh Mrs. D, say it aint so! You're not one of them!!! ;)

Pharm, I'm sure it will be funny...one day. Right now it's just seriously annoying. I told the wedding party delinquent that he'd be only eating salad if he didn't RSVP by the end of the day. He miraculously got it done within 1hr of my sending him that message. Wonder of wonders!

AOTB, I've fobbed off the followup to my wedding planner, so all of these thoughts are staying in the private domain. But if it does come up, I'll use the PG-version of my feelings!

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

I am kinda nervous about the rsvp part of the whole wedding planning process. I really hope people cooperate with me and send their cards on time. I also hope they MAIL it back to me because I paid good money for all those stamps on the rsvp card! Stamps are not cheap now-a-days and I hope my guests take that into consideration.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4973 is just $469.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine