Favorite Foundations

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

vintagegirlygirl Posts : 4 Registered: 7/28/10
Favorite Foundations
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 2:09 PM

Hi ladies, I'm 10 months from my big day, but I'm doing my own makeup and have been practicing! I love urban decay makeup for my eyes and Clinique for blush, but I have NO idea what to use for foundation. I hate liquid foundation, mostly because I feel like I can never quite get the shade right (and neither can anyone at the counter) and I ALWAYS look orange/too fair. I have been using BareMinerals for everyday wear, but I don't know if it will work for the big day because of how easy it comes off.

I've heard Bobbi Brown is good? I went to the makeup counter and asked the lady to do my makeup all in Bobbi and at the end she was like "oh I used Bobbi everything, except BareMinerals foundation!" CMON lady!! LOL So tell me, what are you ladies planning on using???

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Re: Favorite Foundations
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 2:36 AM Go to message in response to: vintagegirlygirl

I recommend Make Up For Ever HD foundation, it doesn't feel heavy on and it blends in with your skin tone really well. I've tried a lot of foundations and this one is by far my favorite.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

dogbride Posts : 41 Registered: 4/22/10
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 6:41 AM Go to message in response to: vintagegirlygirl

I used Bare Minerals for our engagement pix (foundation and shadow) and it looked great!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: vintagegirlygirl

I love CoverFX foundations. It's a powder...and it is a mineral.

If you use a mineral foundation, get it in a compact rather than a loose formula (otherwise you'll look all shiney)

I also HATE HATE HATE HATE wearing foundation, it usually makes me want to scratch my face off. This one doesn't.

Misty

fallbride13 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/6/10
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Nars foundation is good, I love my MAC also, I am using the Stila I believe it's the 3 in 1 on my best friend for her wedding b/c I do makeup. Make sure you use a foundation with no or little SPF b/c the flash photography will wash you out and make you look like a ghost if your foundation has too much SPF in it. HTH!

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: vintagegirlygirl

I personally love liquid foundation! I use Estee Lauder, it's my fav.

But I've had lots of friends recommend Sephora HD and other HD foundations, so I would check those out.

And DEF use a primer, that will hold your makeup on. I use Philosophy The Present Clear Primer. I use Mary Kay's foundation and eye primer too and I like it ok, it's just in gel form and I don't like gel.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine