How did he Propose??

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Re: How did he Propose??
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsFinally

MrsFinally, I love your story! So sweet (literally, with the fondue!)

We got engaged the day I passed my PhD exams. He came to pick me up from campus and brought flowers, and I was all happy and giddy. I knew he had made reservations at a nice restaurant for a couple of hours later, and the thought had occurred to me that that might be his plan (because that would be awesome, right?). But then when we got home, he had cleaned the apartment, and drawn a little comic book for me that was sitting on the table--each pages was about reasons why he loves me, or things he loves about us together. The last page had a drawing of a ring, and when I got there, he got down on one knee in the living room and pulled out the real ring and said "Will you marry me?" I think I said "Oh my god" first, and then "Yes!"

He said later that he had been planning on doing it at dinner, but he thought I might guess that, so he changed the plan. It totally worked--I was surprised, and it was awesome.

boomersbabygirl Posts : 6 Registered: 10/21/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Shadowcat

My grandmother had died before thanksgiving and i was crushed because i didn't get to say goodbye. We had moved to missouri to be close to my family which was a mistake. On December 25, 2008 greg and I had been texting each other all day joking about getting married. We had discussed it earlier in our relationship but nothing was final, it was just being discussed. At 8:49 pm on christmas day greg sent me a text asking me to marry him, i was shocked that it took a while to say yes. Later that night my dad came over to give us kids our christmas presents along with my step-mom , right in front of them he got down on one knee and re-asked me to marry him. I found out from my dad that he had asked him for his permission(which is hard to get.), i was so surprised, it was so sweet and romantic. I knew my grandmother and grandfather were watching from above and giving me their babygirl approval to marry greg.. He didn't have a ring at the time which didn't matter to me, because on July 21, 2010 we went shopping together, and Greg picked out my ring. It is so me and fits our wedding theme so well.

"I Promise To Love You Forever-Every Single Day Of Forever!!!"-Boomer & Shorty wedding planning

Deleted Posts : 23 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: MrsFinally

it was Dec 26th the day after christmas at 12:02 and we were laying in bed after dinner with my family and he starts talking about marriage and how much he loves me and he wanted to spend his life with me i turn over and he was on one knee..lol i was beyond shock because if any thing you woulld think he would have did it on christmas but he said that christmas was a typical day since many people get engaged on christmas it was sooooo sweet and from the heart!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

VGamsky Posts : 18 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

My FH and I have been friends for years and for the first year or so that we knew each other he refused to give me his phone number(because he knew I wanted it lol) so we always talked on Facebook even if we were in the same room. so now that we are together as a couple and living together my FH is always messaging me silly things, so one night he walked in and asked me to get on facebook because he sent me something, when I checked it asked me if I wanted to be engaged to him. when I turned to look at him he was on one knee with a ring he smiled at me and asked "well will you?"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine