We have the same ring!

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

sillybride2012 Posts : 6 Registered: 6/29/10
We have the same ring!
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 10:10 PM

Hey guys! Hopefully you can help me.
The engagement ring that me and my FH picked out is the same one that someone has that i know. i do not have the ring yet, but it is at the store, it is sized, and half way paid for and i really love it. I did not know that she had the same ring so i did not copy her by any means. I told her that it was the same and she seemed a little iffy about it. I am not going to upset my FH by making a big deal out of it because it's not even about the ring...it is about love. But i still can't help but be upset and afraid of what others are going to say. This ring was bought at a very popular store so i know that thousands of women have this ring. I just didn't want one of those women to be someone i know. lol

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: We have the same ring!
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 1:23 AM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

Not to sound rude but who cares what others think of the ring? if this "friend" is a friend, she shouldn't be getting upset at the fact you happen to have the same ring! if anything she should giggling about the fact you guys have the same taste and love the same ring.
Don't worry about what others have to say. There are THOUSANDS of replicas of THOUSANDS of rings. You understand the importance of the symbol and thats what matters not what your friend thinks.
Cheers.

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Thank you. That helped me a lot. I am grateful! :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

Dear SB,

Here's another thought.

Let's say the other couple moves away, two months after their wedding, or let's say you get a great job offer after your wedding and have to move.

In other words, let's say that shortly after the wedding, you and the other lady with the same ring go your separate ways.

Do you want to go the next 50 years looking at your ring and saying "Oh, gee, I wish I would have stayed with the ring I really wanted." ?

I have been married 34 years. The number of people who knew me at the time of my wedding, and are still in my life now, are very few. Other than family, there are only a handful of people with whom I'm still friends. My MOH is one... hmmm... who else?

I'll pass on something else that happened to me. Not the same ring, but the same dress!

After I had been married about 20 years, I was working in an office with a lot of women. We decided, one day, for a hoot, we'd all bring in our wedding albums. We discovered that one of the others and I had the exact same dress! Not just similar, but exactly, precisely the same dress. We both got married in 1976 when "barefoot at dawn" weddings were all the rage, and we both chose an "alternative" dress.

We laughed and laughed!

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Thanks! That's a great story. You guys really helped me feel better!

Dani303 Posts : 18 Registered: 6/3/10
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

Hey Silly Bride!

i dont think it matters that you guys have the same ring..if its a ring you love then go for it!...and if she is upset about it, then thats her issue and she shouldnt of got her ring at a popular store.

The only thing i would say is that it sounds like it has taken away a little bit of your excitement? if you are ok with having something that someone else has...then go for it...but if you are going to look at it and instantly think about one of your friends having the same ring...and wonder what everyone else thinks when you show them...then DONT get it....you dont want anything taking away your moment!

Maybe ask the store if they can make a few little changes to the ring...most places can add stones or even have the ring made in white or yellow gold...maybe look at having yours and your parnters birthstones added to the ring? so that its more unique to you guys as a couple?...or have some kind of wave pattern engraved in the band? your name and his? or some type of engraved message....

that way it will be the same ring as your friend...but WAY more special and unique...

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Dani303

I'm over it guys! Thanks for your help!

VincesHuney Posts : 5 Registered: 11/25/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

So, I know you're cool with it now, but you might consider one of these truly only one on earth wedding bands made by this fabulous couple where you and FH's finger prints are imprinted into the ring so you can hold each others hands forever

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fabuluster

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is!!!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

Go away Vendor!

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

Wow, you vendors are hilarious.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 2:07 AM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

Silly & Pharmtox: Yeah sweeties I'm NOT a vendor. My name is JANA I live in New Mexico and that's the ring I'm getting for FH's band. Sorry for making a suggestion that every one misinterprites. I hate vendor comments too you know, but YOU were asking advice. SOOO SORRY. God forbid I take my time to make thoughtful suggestions to a fellow bride. (And every one is right you know, there's like 80 billion of the same e-ring so why stress about it, there's only one of your fiance)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

Sorry VincesHuney - I do apologize. Usually when there's no pic and someone's first post is with a link - it's a vendor. And with the recent changes to the boards, there have been more vendors and we've been having a hard time reporting them.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: VincesHuney

I apologize, thank you for the suggestion!

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Silly & PharmTox: Thank you very much for apologizing, I've been a member since around 2008 I think, but there was an error in my account that would never let me post comments saying I needed to verify the account through email (which I had done a dozen times before) but when the new format of brides.com changed, suddenly I could comment! I realize now I did sound very up-sale-y. I'm sorry for sounding heated but it very much hurt my feelings that on one of my first comments I was told to go away when I was just very sincerely trying to help. (I also was unable to upload pics which is why I have one now) I look forward to helping any and every one as much as I can... I really am a sweet loving girl....

dogbride Posts : 41 Registered: 4/22/10
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: sillybride2012

Sillybride:

I am sure it will look the best on you :)!

Keep the plans for that ring!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine