Flowers - OR - No Flowers For You!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

lauren2282 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/9/10
Flowers - OR - No Flowers For You!
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 3:25 AM

Hi All,

This is my first post here and I could really use some advice, so thank you in advance! As I'm sure is the case with many brides, I knew exactly what I wanted in terms of flowers when I went to meet with a florist. However, I was immediately rebuffed when I told the florist that I wanted Lily of the Valley (a childhood favorite and close to my heart) and sweet pea in my bouquet. She said that they were not available around the time of my wedding (first weekend in October) and I explained that I had researched their availability and that many flower sites said that they were available year round with limited availability november - february, mother nature depending of course. I had hoped that as with many flowers, they could be flown in.

I really felt that she was very quick to squash that idea and instead suggested silk flowers, which I know can be very expensive for realistic looking flowers. At the end of the meeting she agreed to check into it and when I emailed her a month later, since I had not heard from her, she responded just saying I wouldn't be able to get them and then again suggesting the silk flowers. Needless to say, I don't feel like she spoke to anyone about it. So, I've contacted another reputable florist to ask it they would be able to get the flowers at that time and they said they'd contact their growers and let me know.

I know this is long-winded, but is anyone a florist or have experience in this area? Do you know if Lily of the Valley and Sweet pea are unavailable then? I've been so easy going about almost every aspect of our wedding thus far, I just had a vision for the flowers and I'm so disappointed right now.

Thanks again,
Lauren

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Flowers - OR - No Flowers For You!
Posted: Jun 9, 2010 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: lauren2282

Given your location, you should have lots of local florists to contact, so get other opinions. I don't know too many reputable florists who would suggest silk over fresh flowers. That being said, both sweet peas and lily of the valley are early summer flowers and definitely out of season in your area. That doesn't mean that they can't be gotten from somewhere--but be prepared for them to be ridiculously expensive when you order out of season.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

lilylucy Posts : 47 Registered: 9/7/12
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: lauren2282

Second, decide what color you want. Traditionally, white was chosen to represent purity and "maidenhood." In modern society, white simply represents elegance and sophistication Wedding Dress, so feel free to wear white if you want to. Also, if a white wedding dress isn't what you pictured, feel free to wear color. The great thing is, there are no set rules regarding maternity Vintage Wedding Dresses UK. If you opt to wear colors other than white, shades like ivory, champagne, silver, blush pink, and light pastels look chic and modern. Choose a color you love or stick with a traditional white Cheap Prom Dresses.

glenpeter Posts : 1 Registered: 11/28/12
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: lauren2282

There are many florist available online who provide such variety and also they preserve them for future use. You can easily get them from the right person.

vivogg Posts : 1 Registered: 12/10/12
Posted: Dec 10, 2012 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: lauren2282

You can also check out the florist marketplace,BloomNation. You can find local florists in your area, view their designs and see their reviews.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine