Animal Crackers-- and odd favour?

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Animal Crackers-- and odd favour?
Posted: May 29, 2010 7:42 PM

Reading so many threads about favours, I've been thinking about what I'd like to do, and the thing that pops into my head is that: animal crackers. I love them, and my FH likes animals in general (he'd love to go on a safari).

I'm thinking something along the lines of small paper bags, covered with thin fabric and tied with ribbons in our colours (when we have them), or make small paper boxes in origami (I can make those) and give that out as favours. Though there will be mostly adults, there will be some kids (two of which are lactose intolerants), so I think it would be cute in general.

What do you guys think? Would you enjoy a favour of animal crackers? Would be edible and not another knic knac for your home.

The only downside I see is that sometimes animal crackers are greasy, and could stain the paper. But then, there's always waxed paper.

Ideas? Suggestions?

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Re: Animal Crackers-- and odd favour?
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

I think its a fun and cute idea. I's so creative. I would put them in little boxes and wrap them in ribbon.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: May 29, 2010 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

I think it's a very cute idea!!! I would worry, too, about the grease but you can get around that somehow. Good idea!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 29, 2010 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

it is an UNUSUAL favor, but not an odd one. I'd be excited as I love the things. And regarding the wax... just line the paper boxes you make with wax paper. Or get that reynolds press & seal stuff. (maybe do that anyway...that will keep them fresher).

I lvoe animal crackers personally and I'd be excited to get some at a wedding as I never ever buy them because of the price of the box.

(We gave out favor CDs of various love songs and songs that had importance to us. Our guests loved them, and many of them still play the CD.)

I'm all for favors that reflect the couple, and the animal crackers do that. Are you doing a safari theme for your wedding since FH would love to go on one?

Misty

MrsBiery Posts : 56 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: May 30, 2010 6:05 AM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

The favor I used was a tule bags of Swedish Fish. It was a play on the place we met online, and a lot of people liked them. We didnt have any left for us to take home.
MrsBiery

Posted: May 30, 2010 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBiery

You like the idea? :D

I'm happy about that. My mum almost had a heart attack when I mentioned the idea. Said I was crazy, and that animal crackers were for little kids :(

My FH liked the idea, but he thinks it's odd for a wedding. So I'll either have to work it through with him, or choose something else.

My mum can make cute card paper boxes, so that would be the perfect place if we go with the animal crackers in the end. Ah... why can't we keep things simple? Why do some people expect things to be fancy??

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 30, 2010 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

It's not that people are expecting that we can do things for them....

It's that we expect that we should be able to do those same things. We want to throw the most amazing and memorable blow out party of the century...the one that all of our single friends remember when it is time to plan their weddings...the one they will try to top. We want to be the bar, so to speak.

At least that is how the wedding industry is trying to make us behave.

Me: I wanted a wedding that reflected DH and I as a couple, fit into our budget, and was special for our guests. We didn't do a lot of the things that many people do (serve alcohol, for example). We DIYd a lot of things (like our wedding favors, our centerpieces, our toasting glasses....our GROOMs Cake, our aisle decor, our vows, my veil, our OOT guest bags, our decorations for the reception. We DIYd so much I can't really keep up with it any more. My veil now, if I were to buy one like it, is probably worth about $250. I spent $60 to make it. I love it (really truly love my veil). We had candles in our colors, and frames in our logo. Our place cards were cute as they could be and matched our theme perfectly. Our theme didn't lend itself to a lot of purchases, so we had to DIY a lot.

But as long as we keep our guests comfort in mind, as long as we treat ourselves no better than we treat them (meaning... no prime rib for the bridal couple while feeding the guests chicken <G>...no serving Dom Perignon to the wedding party while serving the guests Walmart Brand champagne or sparkling grape juice), then we have done right by them.

Misty

Posted: May 30, 2010 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I do plan to have a lot of DIY elements, especially the favours. My mum already showed me a kind of box she can make, with a heart on top, and it looks beautiful. She will also be designing and making my invitations, so that's already a part of the budged saved.

I'd like to keep things simple and nice, but I'm afraid that the wedding culture from my FH's country will not make that easy. We still don't know how his parents will react to our intentions of having a small wedding (my parents are completely okay with it).

The animal crackers would be something special to me, and I am open to other things, like chocolate and such, but like PPs have said, it's about the wedding reflecting the couple and show people a good time.

DIY is one of those great concepts, isn't it? :) Haha, maybe I should learn how to bake animal crackers! Then again, I probably won't be thinking about baking the day before my wedding, but maybe I will.

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Posted: May 30, 2010 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

If people can have Jordan's Almonds or M&Ms as a wedding favor you should be just fine with Animal Crackers. Besides, I love Animal Crackers and always wish they came in the 100 calorie size packets because I usually just want a few but will eat the whole bag if I buy it.

The whole point of the Favors is to have a little "Thank You for your guests to show that you appreciate them coming and being apart of your day. Unless the item is really useful I would personally rather get something that I can eat. I know I don't need a business card size frame with hearts, a wedding program made on a stick (as a fan) or a bell, but maybe thats just me. PS those are all things in the brides.com favors page.

Have fun!

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBiery

MrsBiery: Did you meet your SO on POF?

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

That's a cute idea. I'm thinking of doing something along those lines as well. FH and I have a favorite bakery that's pretty famous for their cookies. We're thinking of placing one or two cookies in an organza bag tied with a ribbon and a little thank you note.

Anna

blg529 Posts : 3 Registered: 6/23/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

I think it's a cute idea. In general I think edible favors are a good way to go, because your guests will generally enjoy them more than say, a mini picture frame.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

Sexy Deep Sweetheart with Spaghetti straps Knee-length Organza Cocktail Dress
Save up to 44% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $78.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sexy-deep-sweetheart-with-spaghetti-straps-kneelength-organza-cocktail-dress-p-32631.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine