What is your main worry for the wedding day?

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
What is your main worry for the wedding day?
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 1:42 PM

Some brides don't stress much while others do. By the day of the wedding, you have little in your own hands. Some brides do worry. What are you most worried about for the day of your wedding?

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: What is your main worry for the wedding day?
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:16 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I'm actually worried about being worried haha. I'm afraid that I will be too nervous that I will get sick. I'm also afraid of crying and being an emotional mess. I'm worried that it will rain and I won't be able to have the ceremony outside. I'm worried that my FH's family will create drama since he comes from a divorced family.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: May 3, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I'm worried about things getting messed up, like timings and that sort of stuff, running late, etc. Cheetah posted about being emotional, I've came to the realization I'll probably be crying, I can't even listen to the songs for our first dance, father/daughter dance with out balling!

I'm also worried about people trying to bring other people. We can't afford for extra guests for many reasons, and even 5 people would make a huge difference. Of course though, if people get kicked out I'm gonna be the bad guy.

I'm also worried about some of the people we HAD to invite (not even gonna go into why we have to invite them). These are people I honestly don't have much to say to (if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all), so I can control my actions, but you can't control other peoples actions.

RyanandKelly2009 Posts : 32 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: May 3, 2010 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I'm worried that a key vendor won't come through. At my sister's wedding the DJ had said that after the initial time window that the contract was signed for she could pay by the additional hour until the party was over. Well he lied. He ended up booking another gig for after the time of the initial contract and left at 8! The reception only started at 4! I'm gonna be very careful with my contracts but I'm still paranoid.

Teachers Posts : 12 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: RyanandKelly2009

SNOW.. I'm getting married on 10/10/10 in the rocky mountains in Canada.. It's possible for snow at this time of year, but not usual.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 4, 2010 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: Teachers

It's funny you say snow.

I say HURRICANE! I'm getting married in New Orleans in October and there is always a possibility of a hurricane. However, our venue has a hurricane clause so if a hurricane hits and the city is evacuated we have a certain amount of time to have the wedding at a later date. If it isn't too bad though we'll just move the ceremony inside. In fact all of our vendors have a hurricane clause so we're covered. We just wouldn't be able to get married on our preferred date.
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Jnikki Posts : 42 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: May 5, 2010 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

For me I'm worried about a Tornado, i'm getting married on 5-22-10 in Indiana, and that is right in the middle of Tornado season.

I notice a lot of people are worried about the weather. At least it is a legitimate (sp?) concern, because it is something we can't fix or control. At the same time, why worry about it because you can't do anything about it. Hmm....catch 22?

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:6   Jamie and Bryan 5-22-10

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: May 12, 2010 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I'm glad that I'm not the only one worried about these things!

CheetahAngel - I've been told that you really can't anticipate how you will feel on the actual day. Have handy some good waterproof mascara and an eye puff roller! I'm bringing some pepto bismol to calm my stomach if I'm that nervous. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about the rain! I'm in the same situation, and you just never know. But my hope is that if it rains, it pours. None of this miserable drizzle, but a nice passionate storm will make for a decent mood. It'll be something you can look back on and remember it. Then you can watch crazy mother nature work from indoors.

As far as family goes, if the atmosphere is good, and the mood is set, they will keep in mind that it is yours and your FH's big day. No one should spoil that for you. If you're that worried, but someone in charge of monitoring the tension, and tell them to calm down nicely if there's something about to go down.

FutureMrsDJLeo - I'm the same with my Dad! I can't even listen to those sappy country Daddy songs anymore! I've requested sticking to an upbeat song like My Girl by the Temptations or American Girl by Carrie Underwood.

Watching the time is something you can put someone in charge of. Ask a punctual bridesmaid to keep an eye on the clock, to let you know you have five or fifteen minutes left before you have to cut the cake. It's your day, if you are late, it's ok. As long as your vendors are ok with running over time twenty minutes or something, you will be ok.

It would be a good idea to somewhere along the line mention that each guest can only bring along one or zero guests with them. They will need to understand that it can DOUBLE your guest list, and then make you pay double for the reception, which is usually the most expensive part of the wedding anyhow! Double check with people hopefully before or around the time they RSVP. If extra people show up, it would be wise to accept them. You don't need to worry about it the day of the wedding.

And I'll continue to say to you as I did to CheetahAngel is that you could put someone in charge of watching people and tension, so as to avoid any conflict. I have a friend that is a bit outspoken and rowdier than I feel comfortable with. I have given all three bridesmaids permission to keep her in check. Hopefully guests aren't that self centered as to cause drama on your wedding day. Sheesh!

To RyanandKelly2009 - Good idea reading the fine lines in the contracts. If you're that nervous about it, consider having a backup plan if at all possible. If it is the DJ you're worried about, as a friend to make a good playlist on his computer or iPod. Another thing you could do is talk more often with your suppliers. Get to know them, even though they are very busy. They should tend to what you need as a client, which is reassurance that you can depend on them. Getting to know them will indeed reassure you that it will go smoothly. If not, it will make you aware of things you might need to have a backup plan with.

Teachers - I'm wondering if Teachers is a reference to the show?

Snow in Canada sounds so nice! Kind of like a storm, if it rains, it pours. I hope that if you get snow, it will be light and fluffy. It could actually enhance the mood of the day. If you are worried about the roads and people running late because of weather conditions, I wouldn't. Since snow is not unusual in October, Canada will likely be prepared for it. They probably have less snow days for school because they are more prepared for the snow.

Personally, I am most worried about the weather. Other than that, I don't think I'm actually worried about anything. I'm too worried about getting all the final details wrapped up that I'm not so sure what I'll be feeling on the day. I'm making a fun playlist for while we're all getting ready. I love having my girls near me getting ready and putting on make up. Although when those double doors open for my dad and me... who knows what I'll actually feel?!

Thank you for sharing your worries with me. In a way it is soothing to know that I'm not the only one who worries! My fiancé said something that was very calming to me recently, once all the legalities were done. All we have to do is show up for the day and take our vows. Nothing else matters than that. We could be drenched in rain with a fast shrinking tux on and still, we will begin our marriage. It's so easy to lose sight of that with all the other details we try to put together for the day. I hope those words can be calming to others as well. Thanks guys!

happiestgirl Posts : 5 Registered: 5/11/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I guess Im worried most about the weather. We are having an outdoor backyard wedding in August, and not knowing what's gonna happen with the weather drives me crazy. Even though we will have a tent, it still worries me a lot.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: May 17, 2010 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: happiestgirl

I guess I am worried about how everything will REALLY look when all put together. I have all these plans and all these DIY projects but you cant know this until its all there and set up and that makes me nervous. I am nervous about it being humid or something else equally uncomfortable. Im worried about me being so caught up in everything that the entire day just flies before I even get the chance to take it all in. I am worried about people having fun because thats super important to me and Im putting a lot of thought into it. Oh yeah - and CRYING like its been mentioned lol. I want people to actually understand my vows!!!lol

IDzine01 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: May 17, 2010 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I'm basically just worried about my guests having fun. I want everyone to have a great time an enjoy the party. Since so many are traveling accross the country I just want them to feel it was worth the trip.
“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.” -Sex and the City

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

Tripping while walking down the aisle. I don't have two left feet, I have six. I've never met a stick, rug, sidewalk crack, small furry animal, child, or piece of lint on the carpet I couldn't trip over.

Teedove Posts : 18 Registered: 5/20/10
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

That I will be sunburned in my pictures, I am getting married in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands. I am going to invest in some good suntan lotion.....Lol.....

Teedove

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Teedove

I think my main worry is that enough people come and that they will dance and have a good time. My bar and my dancing area are in separate rooms (there are big windows though between them) so I'm worried that most people will stay in the bar area instead of the dancing area.

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

Mine is something happening to my fiance like he gets in a wreck or I have to be at the reception by myself because he's upstairs in a room or at a bar getting drunk and he's trying to sleep it off!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine