Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Im trying to drag Heidibride in here too. We talk tons over on FB and she wants to lose weight too, and shes a sarcastic b**tch like me so I love her lol.

LittleRoo, yes, we need to keep each other in check this time, unlike last round where we did nothing to help one another and both fell off the wagon. lol. I will also stop with the shame stuff, I just get so mad at myself and I know it accomplishes nothing, but I cant help it. I guess I want to and NEED TO figure out WHY I continue to self sabotage EVERYTIME I lose a significant amount of weight. Its the same pattern with me. I lose anywhere from 10-30pounds or more even, and then slowly regain it and sometimes more over time, then have to start again. I need to know why I do this to myself, and what makes me get so complacent and lazy each time once I start getting on a roll. Ive got to figure that out about myself or else Ill keep doing it over and over and thats NOT good.

My mom will be here tomorrow, Im excited to see her, shes staying til Sunday night. We are doing the 5k Revlon Cancer Walk together in memory of my Nana ....its extra special since the walk is ON my Nanas birthday. Saturday. Its going to be TONS of fun because thousands of cancer survivors are walking through Times Square and then Central Park ...

Two things happen when I start regaining weight again adn they both make me feel HORRIBLE. One thing is that my face and double chin comes back in full force,and my eyes start looking deadlike. When Im healthy, my eyes are wide and pretty and I look awake, when Im not healthy, they look dead and baggy and just BLAH. The second thing that happens is that my knees ache ALL THE TIME, and stairs and simple walking starts becoming a problem and feeling bad to me. When Ive been working out a lot and staying healthy, my knee pain gets lighter and I dont feel like death from simply walking. So Im a bit scared about the 5k only because the first one I did I felt GOOD at that time, adn it was pretty simple to do. But now, I am back to my old lazy self and I hope I can gt through it and keep up with my 64 yr old mom LOL. She walks FAST.

MsD whats the challenge? Lets hear it. Im willing to give it a shot. How do these challenges work by the way? Can we challenge whomever we want, and does that person get bonus points or something for taking it on?

Ill post pics of the 5k after my mom leaves Sunday. Wish us luck. Supposed to be 84 damn degrees here that day, and Im NOT wearing shorts. Im just not ready. My legs look horrific.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

My challenge is kinda you-specific. It's not so much a BL challenge, it's more like a one-on-one bet. Simple -- both of us watch a lot of movies and TV, and have pretty firm opinions on what's awful. My challenge to you is, if at the end of this Competition, if you've gotten less than 72 points (that's 18/week), you've got to go see Sex and the City 2.

In other words, get less than 72 points, and you've got to get (your version of) tortured for two whole hours!!

Hee Hee.

As for me, I'm loving all the energy over here, and really want to hear everyone talk about themselves. Yesterday I did a full hour on the elliptical, and I got up this morning to work out to my TV for 30 minutes. I'm having veggie issues, though.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Kelly~ Have fun on your walk with your mom!! I am sure you will be excited enough to make it through the whole thing. Thats amazing it is on your Nana's Birthday. Great way to honor her I think!!

Msd~ Ha! That challenge for Kelly is great!!! I think it is a great motivation for her to not have to see the movie!!

As for challenges, Lets all be able to give whom ever we want a challenge, but you have to have had at least 20 points to dole out a challange. Does that seem fair?? And challenges can be worth up to an extra 5 bonus points.

As for me my allergies are killing me!!! I went to go into work yesterday, after only getting like 2 hours of sleep because my new med is making me sick. Get to work, and the day had been canceled, but no one told me!! I was livid, luckily the doc said he would pay me a couple hours. So I went home, and litteraly stayed in bed all day. DH got home from work, my pork chops wern't thawed so we went to Subway for dinner, and were in bed by 7;30 last night. I at least feel a little better today. but look like crap, my eyes are all red and swollen, and I am playing recpetionist at my other job...which makes me a little self consious....but all well. I am hoping to be able to at least do a little on my treadmill tonight, but we will see how I feel, I am working at least 9 hours today, and have to get up bright and early to drive an hour in a half to work in the morning. My goal tonight is at least 15 mins on the treadmill, and 10 sit ups, push ups, and bycycles.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hey ladies,

I've actually been doing pretty good.

Here are my points for this week:

Elliptical 20 mins everyday: 5
Only Water Everyday:5
Under 1500 Everyday:5
NO eating out: 4
Vitimins Everyday:5

So my points for this week are: 24

We took my mom out on an early mother's day lunch but I did really good. I'm also doing more in the gym than just the elliptical like doing something toning on my arms and back! I'm also starting 10 mins on the stairstepper today. I'm keeping my heart rate above 160 but the goal range for my age is 180 while working out so I'm going to try harder. Everything is getting easier though. I'm not as winded on the elliptical or when walking up stairs.

I'm really enjoying this! I feel better and I really think I look better. I'm going to the gym in a few minutes so I guess I'll weigh myself then and see how i'm doing.

Good luck with that 5k kelly. I ran a 10k at the beginning of April. I did it in 1:27. Let us know how it goes!
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I love that challenge MsD it's perfect for Kelley.

Kelley good luck with the walk and enjoy your time with your mother which is really the more important thing anyway.

Nessa I like the idea of us being able to challenge whomever, that should make things more interesting.

I am great today I walked from the first floor to the fifth floor. I was a little winded but other than that it felt good. It's the first time I have done it. I am going to try it again in a couple weeks.

I worked out with Jillian last night that was fun. Then I did the bootylicous video. I am losing weight and that is good but I have started losing my booty and that ain't cool. I have to build up those gluts. Gotta look as good walking away as I do on the approach.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Rebecca~ We weigh in on Sundays, so keep working towards your points, and loosing weight, then come back and post on Sunday.

Kenny's~ I may have to look for the bootylicous video, I have always have had a small booty, Hubs teases me I have a white girl booty, but what I lack there I make up for in the chest. I will be sad if I loose my chest when I loose weight, luckily if I do I don't think it will be much since I ahve always been large there.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Is it to late to join in? If not I am soooo game. They say a picture is worth a thousand words & adds 10 pounds on you. Well, I just got back from Texas after spending a week with my best friend who moved there in December. We had a frickin' blast!!!! and we did oh so much drinking....I don't think I'm going to be able to have a drink for a while......

Anyways, my starting weight is 239..
My menu:
7 pts--food journaling
7pts--"formal workouts" (gym, fit-tv) 3x a week, lunchtime walks & anyother form exercise (gardening, yardwork, etc).
5pts-packing lunch & enough healthy/fun snacks for work.
1 pt per night that I don't watch tv & actually turn it off
3pts--no snacking before dinner & eat before 7pm

Can't wait to see the pounds melt off and start seeing a shape again!

Posted: May 2, 2010 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Lin~ Of course it is not to late for you to join in!! I think this week was more or less a trial run for us all.

So I really hope y'all come in and weigh in today, or tomorrow at the latest. Even if you are using this as a throw out week for you.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 2, 2010 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

I am posting my stats now so I don't forget.

Weight 219 not much change but I'll take it. 2 pts. for posting 3+ times this week.
water 3.5 points
exercise 5pt
walking 3.5
eating before 8 3pts
meal plan 2 pts
no candy 0 pts

for grand total of (drumroll please) 19 pts. for right now I will keep it, you never know if you will havve a worse week.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 2, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

I have a question would you count unsweetened ice tea as a water and do we post our points for the week on sundays or mondays?

Kelley- I hope your walk went well on saturday!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: May 2, 2010 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

JuJu~ I am not sure about the ice Tea thing....But points are posted on preferably Sunday, but Monday at the latest. I know there may be some Sundays I will not even turn my computer on, but that's because I usually work like 16 hours on Saturdays, and have a ton of stuff I need to get accomplished on Sundays, and sitting in front of the computer is not one of them.

So here are my points, not so good this week, and weight, I am up half a pound, 224 even.....GRR!!

Stay within your allotted daily calorie limit - we will go with 0/7 points since I didn't track anything this week.

Plan entire week's menu in advance - again 0/3.5 Points

No sodas - 3.5/3.5 Points

Workout 4 days a week - 4/4 points

Weigh or measure in once a week - 2/2 Points

Keep a food journal for the week 0/3.5 points

Take vitamins and meds every day - 2.5/2.5

Total of 12 points.....

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 3, 2010 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Glad to see you linnben!

juju, I know I'm not counting anything that's not water as water.

My points total for the week: 17.5. Weight: 153.6.

I got all my excercise points in, but I totally whiffed on eating my vegetables, and also on limiting my alcohol over the weekend. Hung out with friends on Friday and Saturday nights, and did lots fo beer drinking. I'm revising my points this week. Last week I just went from the menu, and this week is more targeted to my current challenges:

Weigh In - 1
Drink 48 ounces of water - 3.5
2 or less drinks Th-Sun - 2
Workout every day - 3.5
4 hours of cardio - 4
7 miles/week - 7.5
eat 5 fruits/vegetables a week - 3.5

When I say work out every day, this doesn't really mean work out in the conventional sense. What it means is that every day I do something to increase my strength/endurance. It could mean an hour at the gym, or it could mean I do 5 push-ups in the morning or a set of bicep curls while I'm waiting for my food in the microwave. I don't have the time to really workout every day, but I do have the time to fit in little excercises, which is what I want to do.

This weekend was sooooo hot. 80-90 degrees. And our apartment's air-conditioning has not kicked in. So we were kind of miserable. I forced myself to go to the gym yesterday for the air-conditioning alone -- I figured I'd be sweating no matter what I do.

Laters, ladies.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: May 3, 2010 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Results:

Weight: 230, lost one pound

Eat three small healthy meals and two small healthy snacks per day, and stop eating after 8p: 5pts

My mom was in town this wknd so we sort of went off the wagon a tiny bit, but not too badly, so Ill give myself 3 of the 5points.

For every can of diet coke or soda I drink per week, I must drink full glass of water FIRST: 5pts

Yeah this didnt happen. Hard to do that at a restaurant. Well not really, but I didnt do it, so I get zero.

Workout /pool routine and treadmill minimum 4x per week: 5points

Nope, havent even started goin back to the gym yet due to car issues, time schedule, and mom being here. Im starting Wednesday since thats the first day I can go. Zero points.

Take outdoor walks at least 3x per week, minimum 30minutes: 5points

Yes! Did this, AND did a 5k on Saturday.

Go to bed by 1am nightly (trust me thats early for me) and get minimum 5hours sleep (also a lot for me with my f'ed up shceudle and my husbands overnight shifts that screw up my sleep): 2points

Yes, did this and even went to bed early a couple nights cuz mom and I were so tired from exercising.

Minimum of two salad based meals per week, and two veggie or fish based meals per week: (i am not crazy about fish so this is a big challenge): 3points

This didnt happen either. Need to prepare with a grocery trip first.

My next post will be about the Revlon 5k. It was incredible.

MsD its hot as hell here too, 88 when we walked the 5k. 80s all week this week. BLEH. Not ready yet, I dont even have shorts, for real. None of them fit so now I gotta go out and buy fat people shorts which makes me so unhappy, my legs look so bad but its summer and hot so I cannot do pants much longer without dying. But my legs look like tree stumps. Yuck.

MsD I will take on your SATC challenge. That is sooooo evil and just the thought of sitting there watching that freakin movie makes me shake with anxiety lol. I cannot let this happen!!!!

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Posted: May 3, 2010 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

The Revlon 5K for Womens Cancers: Im copy pasting part of an email I sent to many family members and friends yesterday, because this is what I want to say and I hope it inspires someone or more than one person in here like it did me taking part in this event:

On Saturday, on what would have been Nanas 86th birthday, my mom and I walked the Revlon 5K for Womens Cancers. Four of my good friends joined us, along with over 30,000 people in NYCs Times Square and into Central Park. The weather was amazing (low 80s,sunny), and the experience was incredible. It was the perfect way to honor Nana and she would have been proud. Mom and I have decided to make it a yearly event. Thousands of people were walking for loved ones lost to cancer, and soem were walking WITH cancer. Kids, babies, dogs, elderly people, you name it,they walked. Everyones stories were on their tshirts, it said in memory of who they were walking for, or their picture, or other hopeful phrases and words. Some walked in teams, like one team called TEAM OVARIES whose family member was only in her 30s when she died of ovarian cancer. They had over 30pple out walking together in memory of this one woman. There were so many stories, so many people, and it was incredible.

It was emotional and totally inspirational. The opening ceremony was in times square on a huge stage where tons of celebs spoke to the crowd, like Dr. Oz, Halle Barry, Isabella Rosalini, Kristen Davis, Jennifer Beil and many others. Then they walked too. Confetti went off and music played as everyone started, and we walked down the streets of nyc and into Central Park and then 3.2miles through it. It was a huge sea of people that didnt end. At the finish line, there was a closing ceremony with cancer survivors teling their stories of hope.

Here are just some of the pictures I took:

this is all of us. Im the fat one on left, my mom is in purple in middle,and then my good friends.

Halle Barry pep talking the crowd....

Starting was SO inspirational, emotional. There were confeti cannons that just didnt stop, and they blasted Walkin on Sunshine and then a bunch of other tunes and it was sooooo awesome.

Ill continue on next post. Dont want to clog it up too much. Part 2 below........

Posted: May 3, 2010 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ahhhhh, I hate how the pics get cut off on the right side when you make them big, but they are too small to post otherwise. Grrrr...... anyway, heres a few more:

this was the closign ceremony where about 50 cancer survivors and people fighting it now got up and told their stories, it was sooooo emotional and amazing. these people are amazing.

brunch in manhatten afterwards.
central park

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine