Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 15, 2010 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hey ladies,

Congrats on all the weight loss going on! I was recently looking at pictures of me from a month ago and now and finally realized the weight loss. I know what the scale says but until seeing these four similar pictures it didn't really hit me. I'm posting them below just to let you guys see!

April:

25228_1293875388905_1290900143_30734175_5976707_n25228_1293874588885_1290900143_30734155_1701026_n

May:
30430_1317461698548_1290900143_30780350_6325811_n30430_1317462098558_1290900143_30780359_2918799_n

Another thing i've noticed is the dress from april was a size 5 and the dress from May is a size 3!
I've also lost 2 lbs this week so I'm at 122. (Just in case I can't post soon. I'm going out of town to visit family. At this moment my points are 22 and I don't see them changing in the next two days.)
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 17, 2010 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Good Morning Ladies,

How was everyone's weekend. I had a quiet weekend. It was nice. I see no one has posted yet today. I'm first yay me. Weight 216.2 I'm not sure if that is a loss or not I have to go back and see my last weigh in. I got 23 for this week, I was doing fine with everything until Saturday when I was attacked by Jelly beans. I was minding my own business and they just came out of no where and started taunting me. I tried to fight them off but they were just to powerful for me.

I am going to try again this week hopefully the jellybeans have gone on to bother some other unsuspecting person.

1. Drink 8 glasses of water per day .5x7 =3.5 per week.
2. No eating after 8 pm .5/3.5 per week
3. Stick to my meal plan .5/3.5 per week
4. Walk at least 1 mile per day .5/3.5 per week
5. Exercise daily 1/7 per week
6. No sweets or candy 2pt. week
7. Post at least 3x per week 2 pts

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 17, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Nice pics Rebecca! Congrats on your progress.

Checking in with my results: Weight 153 (that's a loss -- I lost the weight I gained, plus about half a pound). Points: 15.5 (mostly from excercise -- still having trouble on the fruits/veggies/calorie counting front). My points for this week are

Run 7 miles -- .5 points/mile
5.5 hours of fitness activity (gym, running, weight training, etc.) - 1 pt/hour
Stay within 1350 calories/day - 1 pt/day
5 fruits/veggies a day - 1 pt/day
lose weight/maintain weight week to week - 2 points

Got up this morning and went to the gym. Ran for 30 minutes then did 20 minutes on the elliptical, so I'm already about 3 points for the week!

This weekend I had book club and we did a wine event in the woods. It was fun. Afterwords, I went shopping and bought a few t-shirts. It's hard for me to find cute t-shirts I like because I generally only like v-necks, but there was a store with a sale and I bought a few. I also bought an x-large t-shirt that had a print. First time I bought anything in a size x-large. But a lot of times clothing, I think, should look a little loose (it makes your body seem smaller) and I take Tim Gunn's advice (from Project Runway) -- "If the little size tag offends you that much, snip it off!" I'm pretty sure Tanis would agree. I kinda miss her.

It's sad that there are some people who are not participating that much. Did we scare them off? Come back!

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 17, 2010 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Good morning ladies!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!! I didn't :( I was sick all weekend. I was up until 3am Friday (well I guess Saturday) in the bathroom, then had to work 9 hours Saturday, went home, passed out, Hubby made me go get some dinner since I hadn't really eaten in about a day, went home and went back to sleep. Yesterday wasn't to bad. Took the dog to the dog park, walked around there quite a bit, did some garage sale-ing, and walking around various stores. Still not feeling to well today, but I am feeling much better compared to Friday night!!

Rebecca~ Wow! Amazing the diffrence you can see in a week!!

Kenny's~ I got the most amusing picture in my mind about you fighting off jelly beans!! It was a full fledged war!! I hope they leave you alone this week!!

So my weight in:
Drink at least 3 bottles of water per day5/5
Eat balanced meals all day5/3
No vending machine/trouble snacks2/2
Limit calorie intake to 1700 cals or lower5/4T
rack all food eaten2/2
Take dog for at least 2 30 min walks3/3
Do 15 bicycles, sit ups, and push ups daily3/3
Total of 22 points
Weight is the same 222...AF is getting ready to rear her ugly head!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 17, 2010 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Well, I'm one of them and I suck. Last week, I didn't even keep track and I didn't eat great either. I DID get my two opening briefs done by Thursday night, then Friday was a training class and award dinner, then saturday and sunday I did invoices, and no other work. We worked in the yard and planted, and had one of the grandbabies a couple hours Saturday morning, and Sunday adopted two kitties. They are acclimating nicely, though morph the cat isn't too thrilled with manny. Manny is persistent though. They are both huge.

So, this week DH has agreed to work out with me. I need to find a different tape I think. But, I'm holding him to it, and going to buy some tennis shoes later today.

Rebecca you look great!!

Kelley, I do the same thing when I'm exhausted, I then eat horrible food, which I did all last week. I'm just happy I got through last week without gaining more.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 17, 2010 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

My Pathetic Results:

Weight: 228, lost 2 pounds, which I think is more pure luck and coincidence than anything else. Certainly not a result of hard work because Ive been soooo busy and slacking on health.

Eat three small healthy meals and two small healthy snacks per day, and stop eating after 8p: worth 5points

HAHAHAHA!!! Stop eating after 8pm, thats a good one. Ive been living in pubs and bars and comedy clubs the past two weeks. I START eating at 10pm. So yeah, didnt earn those points. At all.

For every can of diet coke or soda I drink per week, I must drink full glass of water FIRST: 5pts

Again with the HAHAHA at myself. Look, I dont drink alcohol much AT ALL, so when Im sitting in these comedy clubs, they ALL give free soda to comics. You have to pay half price for drinks, but sodas are free. So EVERY Comedian drinks about a billion sodas while sitting there waiting to go onstage. You get thirsty, and water just aint cuttin it after awhile. So yeah, I went through diet cokes like ...well...water.

Workout /pool routine and treadmill minimum 4x per week:worth 5points

UMMMM..... no. This didnt happen. I HAVE HAD NO TIME or no car, one or the other. I did try to walk nightly here, about a mile each night or day, so thats something, but its not even close to what I used to do at the gym. I have to figure out HOW to get back there. It is going to have to be at odd times or something. Ugghhh.... Ill give myself 2points for walking.

Take outdoor walks at least 3x per week, minimum 30minutes: 5points

Yes!!!!!

Go to bed by 1am nightly (trust me thats early for me) and get minimum 5hours sleep (also a lot for me with my f'ed up shceudle and my husbands overnight shifts that screw up my sleep): 2points

AGAIN.... completely IMPOSSIBLE considering most nights I didnt even get HOME until 2am. Im going ot have to change up my points ot better reflect my f'ed up comedian lifestyle lol.

Minimum of two salad based meals per week, and two veggie or fish based meals per week: (i am not crazy about fish so this is a big challenge): 3points

Well, TODAY is the first day Ive been HOME all day, and Im making fish tonight, so thats a start. But that doenst count lol. So no, this did not happen again, because we STILL have to go to Costco or to store. Waiting for my big check...... not enough money yet to go.....

So I got 7 POINTS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!! All time low I beleive for me.

And somehow lost 2 pounds. Again, I think its just some sort of odd dumb luck lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: May 17, 2010 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

OK, so how can we help Kelley figure out how to rework her points/plans based on her changing work/hours? Right now, Kelley, you're set up to fail and your points/plan just isn't workable with your schedule Your schedule is some (your stuff anyway) a great opportunity, so that means, the points/plans are going to have to be revised so you can do both.

How you ask? I don't know, but I'm not the creative one, or one of the creative ones, on here. I"m throwing this out as a challenge for them.

kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

So, I realize this is late..but better late than never, right?
So, I am not fat. However, my "ideal" weight is 30lbs less...I am also pretty muscular tho..idk why, I'm a big lazy bum!
Anyways, I weigh around 195 right now, I think. I would like to be like 170-ish. In 6-months, which is plausible with the 2-lb per week method.
Goals:
1) Eat healthy!! I am ridiculously unhealthy. I at least want to start eating salads everyday. My problem: i can't shop for myself yet and aside from fruit and veggies, I don't know how to eat healthy!

2) Walk everyday. Exercise of somesort anyways.

I need accountability! I also need to read through the whole thread to see how it works...
So what do y'all think?

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: May 17, 2010 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Hi girls.
My weight was the same this week, and I had 9 points. My week was so crazy busy, I lost most of my points for not making it to the gym. This week should be better.

Have a great week everyone.

Posted: May 17, 2010 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

Hi kaydee, why can't you shop for yourself? I'm a little confused.

kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I live at home

Posted: May 17, 2010 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

huh? With your parents? ok, but you can still make your own meals and shop for yourself. I know that our adult kids do that. Not always, but they do, and most often we don't cook for them. I guess, my point is, if you want to diet than buy food for yourself and eat it. It definitely wouldn't offend me if my adult kids did that. Not at all. Offer to make a meal for your parents, using this food. Maybe it could benefit everyone as well. I know if my kids offered to cook for me I'd be ecstatic!!

Posted: May 17, 2010 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

And the teen kids who are here, when they are here, have to help with all meals.

It's just like that guy on the biggest loser who took his mom shopping. (2-3 weeks ago, I think) after she made this huge breakfast of bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc.

Really, if you want to eat differently you can do it regardless if you live at home or on your own. And if you offer to cook a meal or two, then you can help out iwth healthy eating habits for your parents too.

Also, what if you talked with your mom and asked/requested some healthy cooking meals? I mean, if my kids ask for a meal sometimes, especially if it was a healthy recipe, I'd not mind getting the ingredients, particularly if they were going to make it for us.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 17, 2010 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

i have no weight loss again. I cannot figure out why im not losing any weight but of well. my points for the week is 20.

Posted: May 17, 2010 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Don't give up! For me, both times it's taken a couple weeks or so for any weight loss, then it was pretty good, then I plateaud. You just have to find the right balance of cardio, toning and diet that works fo ryou, and yes, when you are doing it all the time and you see no weight loss, it can get discouraging.

Now, I went out and bought the shoes, those toning shoes, and I got DH some shoes, so I'll go back at it and hopefully in a few months, have the legs and ass of the person on the shoe box!! Isn't that how it works?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine