Brats in Church

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Re: Brats in Church
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: myras

I can't stand when children misbehave. I'm not a parent and I haven't been so I can't say how easy or hard it is (frankly having a child seems really hard). But does anyone here remember the days of "the look"? I remember, if I misbehaved in public I got "the look". If it continued I got taken aside and either sternly talked so or lightly swatted in the bathroom. If I got the stern talking to the car ride home was silent, I always assumed they were drudging up my punishment, then once we got home it was always some further reprimand.

I don't see why if your child is acting out you can't take them aside, either in the lobby of where you are or the bathroom, and tell them if you don't straighten out there will consequences.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Dear BAB,

" (frankly having a child seems really hard). "

It is.

Disciplining the child is as tough on the parent as it is on the child.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

does anyone here remember the days of "the look

Funny. My kids call it "dagger eyes." There is also the "teacher voice." Sometimes, it just springs out of me, even when I don't intend it to. As for, "Is parenting hard," yup. It's also wonderfully fulfilling (at least when it all turns out well!!)
myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine