Brides Belly Buster Challenge !! - Come Join In

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Brides Belly Buster Challenge !! - Come Join In
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 7:51 AM

Ok a previous poster requested a Challenge... so here it is. All you Brides who have a weight loss goal before the big day... Post it here and lets track our progress.

Start with
Name & Wedding Date
Weight Loss or Fitness goal
The reason (besides your wedding) that you are ready to shed the pounds or tone up

Then at least once a week, post your success or set back, along with a positive note for the week.
We can post about our temptations and our triumph!

Let's see who can shed the most Bridal Belly!
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

Re: Brides Belly Buster Challenge !! - Come Join In
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 7:57 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

I'll start
Nicole - April 30, 2010 (not the bride, but a bridesmaid with a belly)

Weight loss goal before the wedding - 10 more lbs - I've lost 7 so far this year and 29 lbs last year.

Reason besides the wedding - I'm tired of the spare tire I've had since high school, and I really want to be fit for the first time in my life and stay that way. I've got 18 lbs to my ultimate goal weight. Which will make my total 54 lbs lost when I get there. And I WILL get there.

Posted: Mar 23, 2010 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Can someone please tell my co-workers that I don't want any birthday cake.... for the 10th time! Why can't they take no for an answer and stop trying to put a piece on my desk. This is not helping!

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Kelly
Wedding Date: 10/9/10
Goal: lose 10 pounds.
I go to the gym all the time and have been consistent about it for at least 3 years, but I just can't say no to the food temptations... I'll have a good week and lose 2 pounds and then I'll "celebrate" the next week and put it right back on. I feel like I'm stuck!!

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

Kelly -- I sooo do the same thing, perfect example is yesterday I was good all day long, even avoided the birthday party at work, and then I go home and my husband talked me into Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas...bad!

jmrosazza Posts : 12 Registered: 2/7/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Nicole - I get the same pressure, but on a daily basis. My coworker likes to push sodas, candy, and little debbie cakes on everyone, so they are in the office constantly.

I've been going to the gym pretty consistently for the past year, but, like Kelley, I have trouble saying no to the temptations.

Wedding date: April 17, 2011
Goal: 40 lbs
Motivation: besides the wedding and the little black dress - to feel good about myself and accomplish something I never thought I could do! I love the pride I feel when I've managed to go 5 miles in 60 minutes on an elliptical machine (just don't ask me to do it on a treadmill!).

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: jmrosazza

Temptation of the day - McDonalds for lunch! A co-worker makes a run every Wed because of the cheap cheesburgers. So ofcourse they stopped by my desk when taking orders. I just repeated Satin dress is unforgiving in my head as I said NO!

Then tonight I have a birthday party to go to at Applebees... you're killing me here people

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Ugh - birthday parties and just parties in general where you don't control the food are the worst!! When the food is in front of me... I can't say no! I always tell myself "just have a bunch of salad and only a little bit of pizza/cake/whatever else they have" but it never works out that way... Why sure, I'll take the big piece of birthday cake with tons of frosting...

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

I am so proud of myself this morning. Last night at Applebees I resisted all sorts of temptations by repeating.. the dress is unforgiving... anyway I ordered a bourbon & diet coke instead of my usual two for one margarittas, and ordered the Shrimp Diavlo which is on their under 550 cal menu items list. NO DESSERT and NO APPETIZERS.... I was amazed with my strength as my best friend divoured her triple chocolate molten lava cake and I didn't even touch it!

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

That is awesome Nicole!! What great will power - good for you! I can't believe you resisted the chocolate molten cake - that stuff is amazing.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem - but I usually work out after work, and when I get home and am cooking dinner I snack while I cook :( I think this is one of my major downfalls in the food area...I am such a snacker!! And I am always SO hungry when I get home from the gym so I just start eating anything I can while I am waiting for dinner to get done!

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

I have that same issue, what works for me is as soon as I come home, before I start cooking I eat a spoonful of peanut butter and it really helps

Colelle Posts : 48 Registered: 6/21/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Hey Kelly,

I snack a lot too. The best thing to do is to have something healthy and quick to munch on mindlessly. I like baby carrots or chopped red peppers--very light in calories and nice and cruncy, perfect for snacking.

Colelle, July 10, 2010
Goal: Lose 7 pounds and tone up all over
I'm petite--5'1. I'm around 124-125 pounds right now, but 118 seems to be the perfect weight for me. I'e been smaller but didn't like how frail I looked, and I don't like my current weight, 118 seems to be the perfect balance for me. I'm a classic pear shape, I have twiggy arms, small shoulders and waist, and large hips and thighs. When I got measured for my wedding dress the lady was scratching her head trying to find a general size on her chart that they would match with--I measured 31-26-39. I want to get rid of my love handles for good, and have nice toned thighs (my calfs look pretty good already) and arms for my honeymoon.

I just bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd, as fh is starting the p90x program which is a bit too intense for me. I'll be starting the 30 day shred tonight or tomorrow morning, yay.

My weakness? Nutella and chocolate chip cookies. I like bananas dipped in Nutella, and I love love warm gooey chocolate chip cookies. Sigh. I do eat a lot of healthy food, but my main weakness is--boredom munching. I eat when I'm bored. Luckily I have two new part-time jobs to keep me busy until I nail a full-time job, but now I have a full schedule to adhere to.

I'm excited to keep track of my progress here!

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Rebecca Ingram- October 10, 2010 Honeymoon: December 16
115 by Wedding Date
110 by Honeymoon
The reason: Obviously because I want to be in great shape for the wedding day but the BIG reason is I'm a little too big for my wedding dress!

I started at 127. I'm at 124 right now. I've been running regularly and I'm running the Crescent City Classic (6.2 miles) this saturday! I haven't lost much weight however i've turned much of my fat into muscle!

I'm 5'0 so the 110 is the perfect weight for me. After high school, which I was extremely active in, I met my FH and started packing on the happiness pounds. =) I basically want to be that sexy fit girl he fell in love with and I'm definately on my way!

27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

OK this weekend I was WAY BAD. Ate too much, drank too much, and PMSing on top of it all. So yesterday I picked up the Gillian Michaels 14 day detox program. Looks pretty good as far as the ingedients being natural and such, and my plan is to also do the 30 day shred dvd.

Hopefully my scaled doesn't start screaming at me for this weekend, I think I will avoid it this week.
Goal # 3 for the week... drink a heck of alot more water.

kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 2:26 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

I am getting married sometime in November..not sure when yet, but hopefully the first week!
I am 5'10" and have a large bone structure, and I weigh around 195 right now, I think. I need to check that...Ideally, I would be 175. I would feel better about myself, and I want to get in the habit of being healthy now, when I'm still young! (only 17...)

My issue is definitely resisting food temptation. It just tastes so good! lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine