if you want god to laugh...tell him your plans!

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
if you want god to laugh...tell him your plans!
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 6:35 PM

When we got engaged in March of last year our original thought was to have the wedding September of 2009. Then i decided that it wasn't enough time to get everything done so the date was pushed back to May 2010. The whole time I was planning I was a bit worried that something might happen to my grandmother because she is older and is always talking abut how she is going to die soon. I love her very much but she does tend to be a bit pessimistic!

So here we are 60 days out from the wedding and my grandmother is doing fine. I am beginning to breathe a little easier and then I get a call from my mom. My favorite uncle who I used to wish could be my dad was just diagnosed with lung and bone cancer. There is a 90% chance he will die within the year. And according to my mother who is a nurse, bone cancer is one of the most painful ways to die. He is going through awful chemo and even if he can come to the wedding he is going to be so sick and tired by then. He is only 63 years old! I am just so upset! I wish I had gotten married in September like I had originally planned. My mom told me back then it would have been better...I should have listened to her...moms are always right right!!

Anyways I guess this post is kinda pointless but I just needed to get it off my chest. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

P.S. This is how great my uncle is: He had offered a while ago to make all the food for my bridal shower. He is a great cook! He found out about the cancer the day before the shower and not only did he still cook all the food but he didn't even tell anyone about the cancer until the weekend was over so that it wouldn't ruin my shower!!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: if you want god to laugh...tell him your plans!
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine