Private Message thread from Sasha

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Private Message thread from Sasha
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 12:26 AM

While MsSasha was apologizing to everyone, she apparently was also sending private emails to people.

This is being posted publicly, because I told her that if she responded to me again, I'd post it. She responded; therefore, she gave me permission to do so.

really I dont see why you have to be so mean none of > this was directed towards you. And Yes i was in AP english for 2 9 weeks in high school but I dropped > the course when i Found out I did not need it for LPN as it was my main priorty. I was certified as an EMT when I was 17 and you only have to be 16 to take the course. and The health occupations was at a Vo-tech. where I went have a day there and half to high school. And during all this I worked in a Nursing home. Not that you care I just dont understand why you have to be so mean about it ?

Actually, you have not seen mean from me, Sasha. And YOUR claim to be an AP English student brought this upon you. I have pointed out facts to you. Your grammar is horrid, and blaming it on the keyboard is not accurate. You were in AP English for 2.9 weeks. That is not TAKING a course. That is signing up for one and dropping out.

I "took" Fencing in college, but I would never claim to be a master fencer or that my fencing skills are top notch if confronted by someone who had any notion about it. "Took" is in quotes because I dropped the course.

For three weeks, I was a Psychology major, but I'd never claim to have a degree in Pscyhology, as I did not finish the program. You signed up for a class and now want to use it to credential yourself as someone with impeccable grammar. That is stupid, and it is what earned you the response you got. After people asked for PUNCTUATION, you could have said "sorry, keyboard is a pain for the punctuation" (and I would have believed that. Afterall, I have had a gummed up keyboard.)

And truly, in the first thread, I thought they were a little hard on you. And go ahead and read back through that one. You will find that I did not say anything about your grammar on it. I did want to say something when you said you took AP English, but I left you alone there. HOWEVER, you started this thread to bash us. You started this thread as you were pissed off that someone had the audacity to ask you to use punctuation so we could read your posts. (Incidentally, in that thread, the girl right after you also did not use punctuation. I took Kelley's initial post to be directed at both of you, and at the forum in general.) Of course, you came back firing and acting like a queen of grammar. That's when someone else decided to show you that you were not. You did bring this upon yourself. You could have commented only about the keyboard causing issues with your punctuation keys, which made them hit or miss in typing, and no one would have said anything further to you about it.

That is not what you chose to do. You chose to claim an authority that you did not possess (AP English = I know how to communicate using the written word; you guys do not know what you're talking about. 2.9 weeks of AP English = I signed up for the course, but found out I didn't need it. I really couldn't handle the course anyway, so I decided to drop it.) Where you work is not relevant.

When you claim a level of expertise in a field, then you better be able to back it up. If you can't back it up, prepare to be called on it. That is not being mean or rude. Starting a post to berate people? that's being mean and rude. And, quite frankly, I don't see the point of it either. Perhaps you were being lazy in your intial posts. Your apology post, while containing errors, is much better. It is not anywhere near the level of grammatical issues that would cause any kind of comment. So stop being lazy.

Unfortunately, you've burned a lot of bridges on this forum, and I doubt you will be able to regain the forum's good will.

Im gald you claim to be a teacher butt yet you have time to waste your life on this site. And your post are less than perfect too.

My errors, btw, can be chalked up to typos, rather than spelling inability or lack of knowledge on grammar. I do not claim to be perfect. Also, I do not 'claim' to be a teacher. I am a teacher, with 11 years experience teaching grammar and literature at a university. (You 'claimed' to have taken a class that you dropped after 2.9 weeks. That is what is known as a FALSE CLAIM.) I also do not usually comment on people's grammar on a forum (you'll note, I did not call you out on it). However, when someone claims to have taken AP English, and that individual's grammar is as bad as yours is, I will provide a comment.

Now... I shall correct your lame, and error ridden, email: "I'm glad you claim to be a teacher, yet you have time to waste your life on this site. Your posts are less than perfect too." You are pathetic. You "apologize" after having sent out several snarky private messages. You come back with a lame alter ego to pat yourself on the back and claim that your own grammar is not that bad. It's really sad when someone has to resort to creating a new account, just to tell everyone that her grammar isn't bad and they are overreacting.

Send me another private message, Sasha, and I will post all of them publicly.

I didnt even read your message on account of, I DONT CARE...

That's all right. You've given me permission to post everything you sent privately to me public. But since you DON'T CARE so much...I love how you took the time to respond.

Misty

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: Private Message thread from Sasha
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Wow so totally unnecessary Ms. Sasha

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Yeah, after I passed both of my AP English courses in highschool (AP Literature and AP Lang) I'd love to just point out that neither of those courses at that point focus on grammar anymore. In most schools, grammar is considered a basic learning principle covered very early on. At the time you get to AP level, you're too busy analyzing literature and argumentative methods to even bother with studying grammar.

Nice try, though, Sasha.

And the grammar thing wouldn't even be that big of an issue if she didn't defend it the way she did. As in, "I'm perfect, you don't know what you're talking about" rather than, "Yeah, I'm not the best at grammar, but could you please overlook that and just look at what I'm saying?" As it stands, she was just asking for nit-pickers to criticize her.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Okay, so officially, I'm not about dragging on all fights over the boards, but.. . .

I totally confess to find that post awesome.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Why does she insist on dragging on her AP English? Seriously? Who gives a flying crap? Not me.

Cat, you should tell her to join TheKnot and let everyone over there tolerate her.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Ordinarily, I wouldn't post a fight public. And truly, I don't even care what Sasha thinks about anything. However, as I don't know how to block private messages (if anyone would care to enlighten me, I'd appreciate it), and I told her not to write me again, this was my response.

Misty

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Report the message to the moderators if it continues.

I've done that before - just forwarded the message to 'moderator' and tell them who sent it.

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Bosox- TheKnot would eat her alive and spit her back out. She would never last one DAY there. You have to have snark and good spelling/grammar to thrive there.

She's definitely....um...interesting. I love this post.

Nat (22) Nate (31)

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hi All,

If you receive unsolicited PMs (advertisements or harrassment) please forward them to the Moderator account. I will handle the situation.

If you come across any threads that are spam, advertisements, or offensive please click "Report this thread" so I can take the steps to remove the offending post from our site.

• Brides.com Moderator

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine