If you had a baby tomorrow...

Online Users: 1,289 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 42

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
If you had a baby tomorrow...
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 8:02 PM

... and your SO couldn't give his input, what would you name him/her? I saw this question on another website and thought I'd ask the question here. I'll start...

If I had a girl I'd name her Elaina Hope, I absolutely love that name. I'm not so sure about a boy but I think Levi or Isaac, something like that. All my cousins stole the boy names I like.

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: If you had a baby tomorrow...
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

If I ever have a daugther I'm naming her Alana Amy-Lyn. My FH's name is Alan so that will be kinda cute to have her name be similar to his name. Plus ever since I was a kid I have loved that name! It's kinda like meant to be haha. I'll picked Amy-Lyn to be her middle name because my mom's name was Amy (she passed away) and Lyn because the end of my name ends with Lyn.

For a boy I am not too sure...I like the name Brian, Joshua, Jonathan. But those are so common lol.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

For a girl I'd name her Sasha Mae. FH loves the name Sasha (he says he has forever) but hates the whole two first names thing. I like two first names because it's unique without being ridiculous. I want our kids to have unique names but not something ridiculous to pronounce or spell, so two first names is the way I want to do that.

The guys names is a lot harder for me. I think Lawrence is a nice name. Good and strong, yet still traditional, will last well throughout life.

Yeah, call me sexist, but I prefer traditional boys names and girls names that are a little more unique.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: AmyJustin2010

Girl: Jennifur-Elise Amadea

Boy: Justin Mead

Misty

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

My kids are totally going to end up with grandparents names. Hannah Ruth. Hannah pronounced with a soft a not a hard a like Hannah Montana. Ruth after FH grandmom. For a boy I like Daniel, Ari and Michah. If I really was feeling adventures I would name my girl Lilianna Zoshia (Yiddish for Sophia). FH does not like that name but in this scenario he has no say so I guess Lilianna Zoshia it is!
wedding tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Girl: MacKenzie - Mac

Boy: Don't know - something with DH's first name. Probably as a middle name. Nathaniel, maybe. - Nate

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 8:57 AM Go to message in response to: August28th

Adriana for a girl after my fave charcater on 90210. I actually got DH to agree to that one!
Collin or Jacob for a boy. DH vetoed Jacob as thats another TV character from Lost! LOL

I kinda like the idea of naming my kids after TV characters. I think it makes interesting discussions for them when they get older and someone asks them why their parents named them that. I could see my daughter going "my mom named me after a character on some stupid show called 90210 or something..." lol

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

If DH didn't have a say, Girl would be LizBeth Loraine (after my grandmother Loraine Elizabeth) or Carol Anne and Boy would Be Zacheriah Benjamin, or Micheal Benjamin.

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Well, I already have two children - Makenna and Oliver. However, those were not my first choices, they were the choices we agreed on.
When I was pregnant with Makenna, I wanted to name her Skye. My husband said, "what are we, hippies?!" When I was pregnant with Oliver and I didn't yet know what I was having, I had decided on Lilah for a girl. My first choice for a boy was Armand. I begged hubby to let me name our son Armand, but he wanted nothing to do with it.
If we ever got pregnant again, I like Shyla or Lacie for a girl, and I'm really not sure about a boy's name.

preview image 

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

I have always wanted to name my kids Peter and Wendy from Peter Pan, if I had a boy and a girl, but my SO doesn't like the name Peter, so that's out of the question.

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Good Topic!

My husband and I actually have already agreed on the names for our future first child and I absolutely love them. Here they are:

Girl - Miriam Grace
Boy - Nolan Eric

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: Lori82

Lol, and I just thought about it, if I went by tradition and used my first name for the middle name of the girl and my SO's first name for the middle name of our boy, and named our boy peter his initials would end up being PAD, hahahahaha not good!

angeleeka Posts : 19 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Well I already have one little boy :) His name is Cavan Parker. I love unique names and have never heard that one before! When I have a little girl I really want her name to be Isobel so that I can call her Bella. I think that's just the cutest name. I'm not sure about a boys name... maybe Tristan? Idk

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: angeleeka

There's a tradition in my family, the first (or only daughter) names her first born son after his Maternal Grandmother's maiden name for the first name, and the maternal grandfather's first name is the middle name. SO, my first born son's name would be: Gillen Boyd I LOVE tradition and want to do it, I just wonder how he would like that name and if he would be teased all through school? haha

For a girl, I like Libby, Maggie, Claire.... and I think I'd like to have her middle name be Lynn, it's mine and my mom's....

But, who knows! haha I like looking at everyone's choices!!!

Daisypath

"Come What May...."

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I've liked the name Emma for a really, really long time, but then Rachel on "Friends" named her daughter Emma and it seems like there are now more Emmas running around. So I didn't push to name our baby that.

For a boy, I kind of like the name Isaiah.

The actual names we plan use for our baby-on-the-way will stay secret till it gets here. I'm superstitious about jinxing the birth if I put his/her name in writing out in cyberspace even though I have no problem discussing the name with people in real life. Weird, I know.

preview image

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine