Had to bump up wedding date by 4 months !!!!!

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

Taffee85 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Had to bump up wedding date by 4 months !!!!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 2:18 PM

So I was planning on getting married on July 10th,2010. Well a week ago I found out we are excecting. I didn't want to be 7 months pregnant since my dress wouldn't fit, so his parents suggested we moved it to sometime in March. We talked to our reception center and the only date they had available was the 13th. OMG can I tell you how stressed I am!!!
I was stressing with 6 months to go and now I only have 2. I still have to find a caterer, dj, do engagement pics, and invites.Luckily everything else is done and was able to be moved to the new date. My stomach is starting to grow and so are my boobs, but I have to get my dress altered, and I am worried it wont fit right when I put it on come March 13th. We are very excited about that baby, but just wish it would have come at a better time. Everything happens for a reason though. Anyone ever had this happen? Or had to bump up their date for some other reason? How did you cope with the baby stress and the wedding stress? Sorry to rant... just feeling a little overwhelmed

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Had to bump up wedding date by 4 months !!!!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

OK - BREATH! LOL Congrats on expecting. You will be fine.

I have a couple of suggestions - first of all, personally, I'd scrap the engagement pics. Second of all, do you bring a caterer into your venue? Does your venue have any suggestions for a caterer? and a DJ? Do you know of anyone in your area who got married and could recommend whom they used?

You CAN do this. My SIL planned her wedding in a month and had NOTHING already done. You will be fine!!!

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

They have suggested some catere's but they are way too expensive!!! We think we found one(as of 2 hours ago). And I have a few DJ's I have appt's with... My FMIL just has to okay them since they are paying for most the wedding. I know people can plan a wedding in 2 month's and I can too especially since I have done the bigger things.Just gotta keep positive :). Thanks so much for your suggestions. We might not do engagement pics after all.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Congrats on the baby!

Pharm gave you very good suggestion. I would check with the venue first for cater and DJ. You can also ask to your other wedding vendors. You have a restaurant you and your FH like? Maybe they can cater. For the invites, you can buy them online, Michaels, Target, Walmart. Maybe you can get a back up dress, empire waist style.

You will be fine. Keep us post it. Good luck.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Congrats! Thinds DO happen for a reason and everything will be alright. Just take a deep breath and relax :) I had a co-worker who planned his wedding in less than a month! If he can do it then you can do it too. Forget the engagement pics, wait until the baby is born and you can take family pics instead. Sometimes if you wait for the last minute to book DJ's and such they give out discounts. So that's a good thing. If you need a cake asap then I know grocery stores do them for a cheap price and they come out really good. So far you have gotten good ideas. Just ask some some family and friends to help you out with the planning.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Congrats on the baby! First, I agree with everyone else that you should skip the engagement pics. I think the reason most people get them is if they're putting an announcement in the paper and/or sending out save-the-dates--which you won't have time for, anyway.

And Sy had a good suggestion to get quotes on catering from restaurants you like.

Do-it-yourself invites can be one way to go, but they can also be a real hassle since you have to do the mock-up and sit by your printer and sometimes they don't behave the way they're supposed to (I helped my friend who'd hostessing my baby shower print 25 invites from Target and they did NOT behave at all the way they were supposed to because they were small pieces of vellum paper and the printer didn't like that, so it took us a long time to print those invites).

Try www.theamericanwedding.com. I got my invites from there at an extremely reasonable price and they do all the printing AND have lots of options. Good luck!

preview image

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I'm with Happy - I would order invitations - maybe have a phone number on them to RSVP or email address instead of an RSVP card. Save $ on the postage and time with RSVPing, etc.

I loved my invites but I had to FIGHT with them!

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thank you all for your congrats and great suggestions!!! We talked with my FMIL last night and she said she is going to figure out all the big stuff and run it by me and my fiance before she does anything like booking them or paying for them. She has been a big stress reliever for me. Once again thanks so much for your suggestions!!!

CandyK Posts : 33 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

OMG! Congrats! It's so crazy you made your post. I just found out today that we're bumping our wedding up from April to this Saturday. I just got engaged right before Christmas Eve. My dad has a serious illness and we always knew it was a possibility so now I'm having to stop all regular plans. I'm so glad we didn't put our deposit down for our venue yet but I hate my gown wasn't going to be in until next month.

So now I've got to find a gown and my fiance and I will probably get married at the hospital. We don't even have a bed yet at home. lol. I still have a little twin bed. We were planning on buying a queen size one on Saturday but then my dad asked if we could get married on Saturday. We want my dad to be there because we both love him so much and we want him to be at the ceremony.

So my plans have gotten pretty condensed: 1. Get new dress (probably something knee length or tea length. 2. Get a regular size bed. 3. Order a bouquet and flower for his suit. 4. Get hair done on Friday afternoon. 5. Attend mini-pre-marital counseling sessions this week.

I was really sad earlier but I'm feeling a little better at least I know my dad will be there.

I wish you the best of luck in life and a safe and wonderful pregnancy.

imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url">http://www.whenismywedding.com/"imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

CandyK

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Thanks so much Candy!! I hope everything goes well with your wedding... I think what you are doing is great, even though it's not what you pictured your dad will get to see you get married and he will be so happy. Good luck with all the plans!!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy - Whew! I'm glad though that you and your FH are on the same page and it's important to both of you for you Dad to be there.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:11 AM Go to message in response to: Taffee85

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine