September 2011

Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 38

deniselovesfred... Posts : 1 Registered: 10/18/10
Re: September 2011
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

We are getting married 9/10/11 and my favorite color is purple so I'm loving the peacock feather colors, purple and teal.

overwhelmedgirl Posts : 4 Registered: 10/30/10
Posted: Oct 30, 2010 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

ok well i'm officially nervous now... we are getting married 9/10/11 and I thought I had plenty of time to figure it all out, but you girls are way ahead in planning and I think I have a lot of catching up to do...

We are getting married outside, and originally we wanted a summer wedding, but because of Grizzly Bears, we can't get married in the mountains until Sept - after thier mating season -apparently! So now i'm at a total loss.

We were thinking lots of color, fun, whimsical, outdoorsy, but now fall changes things.

Please Help!!

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: overwhelmedgirl

My FH and I are getting married 9/17/11 at a ski mountain that does weddings during the non-ski season. During cocktail hour they open one of the chairlifts for guests to take a ride. The bride, groom, and photographer can get off at the top for a few mountaintop pictures.

Otherwise we don't have much else planned. We know who will be doing the flowers, who will be doing my hair, and who is in the bridal party. Next on the to-do list is DRESS SHOPPING!!!!! Woohoo!!!! And finding a photographer.

So excited to marry the love of my life. Congrats to everyone!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: KCI

I was creating a forum signature on another website and it made me realize that my FH and I are getting married exactly 2 years from the day we met. We met through friends 9/17/2009 and are getting married 9/17/2011.

It's a complete coincidence that I just realized today, but I think it's pretty awesome. 9/17/11 had been a random day - one of the few open dates at the venue we liked - but now it has a special meaning to us. <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

geepers11 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/11
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: overwhelmedgirl

I'm getting married 9-10-11 as well, and I feel like I am soooo far behind. Most brides as soon as they get engaged know exactly what they want. Most have envisioned it since they were a little girl.
I never wanted to get married and here I am! Many people ask me what changed...and I guess all I can say is that he asked!! haha
So here it is 2011, and I have no idea about colors....or bridesmaids dresses...or even my dress! I guess I need some help...I am not a fashionable type of girl...but I want my wedding day to be an exception! I want it to be perfect! (how cliche!)
My favorite color is green, but every green bridesmaid dress that I find online isn't exactly my color. I like sage green and most are like a seafoam green or a swamp green. What colors go with green??? Also, I have red hair with blonde highlights, so colors are kind of hard to chose from. I don't want to have my pictures look hidious!!! Any ideas you have would be great!! I can use all the help I can get!!! :)
Thanks!!!

BLeisling89 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/12/11
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

I am 09-10-11 too! Well hopefully....

We have decided on a beach wedding in OBX. As long as our house on the beach hasn't already been booked by the time we really finalize more stuff. We plan on setting up something small on the beach behind the house....my parents, his parents and "older" guests will be staying in that house and then we are renting another house that, if I remember correctly, houses 24. We are trying to get both of them Thurs-Thurs so that we will have a full day to settle in before the wedding day.

We are just getting on this idea...so we are still on a search for DJ, caterer for the cake and flowers. We are planning on just doing a lot of seafood and other cookout food for the reception. So, pretty laid back, which fits our personalities anyways.

So if anyone has ever done any event or wedding in OBX and has any good recommendations..please let me know!

Melindap Posts : 1 Registered: 5/29/11
Posted: May 29, 2011 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

Hey there. We are getting married September 23 and are doing Jade as our colors. The weddings at 5pm so we are having candles galore. I want it very romantic and full of candlelight.

I wish you the best!

RomanticBride2012 Posts : 7 Registered: 9/27/07
Posted: May 29, 2011 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: Melindap

We just got engaged on 5-27-11 and planning a wedding in Aruba on 9-10-11! Can't wait, but so much to do!! Very excititng time! :)

Septembergirl Posts : 2 Registered: 6/11/11
Posted: Jun 11, 2011 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: Noelene123

Another 24-9-11 girl!! Hooray! I'm getting married September 24th to my best friend and our color is purple with tinges of blue (and the odd pop of orange... it's the fiancees favorite but doesn't match at all so it's only going on his bouteniere and his chair bow)...
I am so excited. I have been in love with my guy since we were four and here we are. And thank god there are other brides that are September brides! Cannot wait :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine