Bouquet shadow boxes - Has anyone ever seen one?

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Bouquet shadow boxes - Has anyone ever seen one?
Posted: Dec 17, 2009 4:14 PM

Hi there!

A while ago I was searching online and found a shadow box that kind of bubbled and was able to fit a dried wedding bouquet along with other things like the bouteniere (sp?) and wedding invitation. I REALLY liked it but of course now that I want to buy it, I can't find it to save my life!! I didn't know if anyone else had ever seen something similar or hopefully purchased one...

Thank you in advance for your help!
wedding ticker for myspace

Re: Bouquet shadow boxes - Has anyone ever seen one?
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Anyone???

rosebride08 Posts : 16 Registered: 8/21/08
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Hi!

My mom actually did this for me and DH as a wedding present. I absolutely love it and it's such a sweet thing to have from our wedding! My husband and I just had the bouquet and bouttonniere put in, but additional things can be added in like a small picture frame with a wedding pic, the bride's tiara, invitations... ect. We were also able to choose the frame (square vs. oval) the color of the wood and the interior color. We were thrilled with how it came out. I would just try a google search of wedding flower preservation
or shadow boxes for your area and see what you find. Do some research
to make sure that you'll get something that is quality! :) Here is a picture of what ours looks like. I hope this helped!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

No, I'm probably the only woman anywhere who had no interest in saving her bouquet after the wedding. I have a box of wedding 'stuff' (invitations, cards, programs, and some other stuff) in a closet, but nothing on display.

But to answer your question, you don't really need a special 'wedding bouquet box'. Any picture framer that does custom work should be able to make you a shadow box and mount your bouquet and whatever else you want in it. Check the yellow pages. Just make sure that the framer uses archival or museum quality products (same thing, just goes by different names - just acid-free mounting products that won't ruin your stuff over time like other products will) and UV-resistant glass or plexiglass.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Thank you RoseBride and ArtBride!

Rose, what you have is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

I feel like an idiot because honestly I never even thought of just asking a framer!

Art, the suggestion of archival products is something I never even thought of!

Thank you both so much for your response! Merry Christmas!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine