North Carolina Honeymoon Ideas

Online Users: 1,328 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Alysonthejunebr... Posts : 2 Registered: 12/8/09
North Carolina Honeymoon Ideas
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 5:30 PM

My fiance and I want to go to North Carolina for our honeymoon but we are struggling to find locations. Neither of us are experienced travelers so we don't know what places would be good. We aren't looking to go to the coast. We want to stay in the mainland but it would be nice to be near some water.

Where should we stay? What activities should we do? Shopping? Site-seeing?

Thanks!!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: North Carolina Honeymoon Ideas
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: Alysonthejunebr...

When I think of NC... I think of the OBX.
It's an old school beach town, definitely not as built up as Myrtle Beach, SC. There are a ton of gorgeous beach homes that are available for rent in Duck, Nags Head, Manteo, etc.
And you can also choose from a bunch of hotels (Sheraton, Hilton, Ramada, Marriot). Whether you end up staying at a corporate hotel or a local motel, the rates aren't too high, even in the summer months. Here is a link that I use when my bf & I vacation in the OBX.
www.obxbound.com/outerbanks/tostay/hotels.htm
I definitely suggest going to Jockey's Ridge! It's a group of extremely large sand dunes & a national park I believe. There are trails throughout the park in additional to great views at the top of Jockey's Ridge.
Everytime we go to the OBX we eat at Tortugas Lie. It's an awesome bar/restaurant! Sometimes they have live music too. The food is definitely the best part though!
Goodluck with your search & enjoy!

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Alysonthejunebr...

ahhh sorry! I just noticed the part about not wanting to be close to the coast... I don't know much about inland areas of NC. Check out the state's website though. There should be a link for 'attractions'. Sorry!

Alysonthejunebr... Posts : 2 Registered: 12/8/09
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Thank you!! Even though we aren't looking to go as far to the coast - I will still look into this! Thank you for your help.

Still seeking more suggestions.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: Alysonthejunebr...

Goodluck =)

LoveSmartDesign Posts : 11 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

North Carolina is my favorite state, especially this time of year when basketball season is in full swing.

If you don't want to head to the coast, you may want to consider Asheville, a very sweet mountain town with some beautiful hotels such as The Grove Park Inn. Another option is Highlands if you are interested in a more remote town with easy access to beautiful hikes to waterfalls.

If you are looking for a city/lots of activity, I'm not sure that either of those options is the right one for you. Then I would definitely consider the coast (OBX or Wilmington), or the triangle area (my favorite) where you will be in close proximity of Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh. The Carolina Inn is a pretty inn in Chapel Hill, right next to campus.

For handmade wedding puzzles and games visit www.LoveSmartDesign.com!

Edited by: LoveSmartDesign on Dec 29, 2009 3:11 PM

hokiepokie Posts : 2 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Alysonthejunebr...

My grandparents honeymooned in Lake Lure, NC. It's a small mountain town with beautiful cottages on a lake, and Chimney Rock State Park is closeby where you can climb mountain trails. We went around Christmas two years ago, it is a gorgeous place to visit.

www.lake-lure.com

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: Alysonthejunebr...

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

bellaorose Posts : 1 Registered: 3/4/13
Posted: Mar 4, 2013 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: hokiepokie

Wow this place sounds awesome for a honeymoon...

Thank you for the information.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine