What do you want your ring to be like?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 60

LOnDZ Posts : 57 Registered: 6/10/07
Re: What do you want your ring to be like?
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

That ring is gorgeous. My ring was my grandmother's before she passed away. It was given to me then. It's over 55 years old and I have always adored it, even at a very young age. It's gold and silver with a square diamond at the top and two little diamonds embedded in the band on either side of the square diamond. I think I like it more because it was my grandmother's than anything, because my normal taste is quite different. I did tell my BF that if/when we get engaged, I want that to be my ring. We've talked about it more and more in the past couple months, so here I am! Anxiously awaiting!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

KatieL82 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/15/10
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

I want a colored diamond! I'm trying to hint to my fiancee but he's into surprises so i dont know if he's picked up the hint yet. I found this site with natural coloreds and I can't drag myself away from it www.fancydiamonds.net but theyre kinda expensive, still i really like the chameleons... anyone know other sites for colored diamonds im open to suggestions... thanks! :)

Leli Posts : 89 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: KatieL82

I love colored diamonds too! They look gorgeous. But alas, I already have my ring (which I love too hehe). There's Takara Diamonds, which specializes in lab grown colored diamonds. There's also Apollo, DNEA, and Gemesis, but I dunno how much of a selection they have. Then there's also colored moissanite if you're okay with something other than a diamond. Moissaniteco.com has a really REALLY pretty rose pink stone that I love. Hope that helps!

KatieL82 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/15/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 6:29 AM Go to message in response to: Leli

Hi Leli - thanks so much for the tips! I looked at them, but I guess I've got my heart set on a natural colored diamond lol - there's something about lab grown diamonds that I just can't do. I found a chameleon stone I really like, it's exciting to think about a stone changing colors, reminds me of the mood ring I had as a kid, so anyway this one is relatively affordable, hope my fiancee agrees http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/2649.htm

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 7:42 AM Go to message in response to: KatieL82

Ladies, I found another one that I like that is still a bit pricey, but not anywhere near as expensive as the Price Tag from Hell ring.

That yellow diamond, and the mokume gane on the band, is what sold me. I think it's a lot better suited to my taste. The jeweler named it the "Queen of Everything" ring. *:P

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

Tiffany & Co., platinum setting, between a 1.0-1.5 carat for the center stone.

My favorite styles on my hand are: classic Tiffany setting, the Novo (this cut faces up smaller), the Bezet round (so cool and modern and the setting makes a diamond look HUGE), the Ribbon ring (unique and the setting really accentuates the center stone), and their unadvertised "Asscher" solitaire that they are slowly releasing into stores (which also faces up smaller).

CaliforniaLove Posts : 15 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: BlueBoxBlueShoes

My bf and I have looked at hundreds of settings and we kept coming back to this one. I'm crossing my fingers that my ring looks just like this, except with a princess cut diamond (the picture has a HUGE cushion cut diamond). The bf and I have been looking at this setting for almost 6 months now. It's suppose to come in next week.. :)

Edited by: CaliforniaLove on Mar 29, 2010 11:25 PM

BMurray Posts : 1 Registered: 3/30/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

My fiance and I did something "extra" unique for our engagement rings: we actually had this company called DNA2Diamonds make a customized, lab-grown diamond from combined locks of our hair! They have four color options: cognac, yellow-green, red, and this absolutely gorgeous blue (think somewhere between sky blue and sapphire) that we ended up picking for both of our rings. I'm so proud to show off my unique and beautiful ring to all of my friends!

Go check them out at http://www.dna2diamonds.com.

CapeTownBride Posts : 37 Registered: 4/16/10
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:40 AM Go to message in response to: CaliforniaLove

Hey CaliforniaLove! That ring is absolutely gorgeous! Have you received it yet? I'd love to see what it looks like on your hand and with the stone you requested.

My own taste is a bit more modest. I do a lot of work with my hands and lead a fairly active lifestyle, so this, combined with my inherent clumsiness has greatly influenced my decision. I am not engaged yet, but last night my boyfriend and I had The Talk (or rather, he talked, I couldn't stop smiling long enough to say anything of consequence!) and he told me he has started saving for a ring. He requested a few examples of what I like so that he can have an idea of what to get, but he would like the final decision to be his. I sent him these.

Very pretty and I especially like the matching band:

Similar to the one above, but without round accents after the baguettes.

My favourite:

The pictures aren't very clear. I've always liked the idea of a sparkly centre stone and little accents, but I'm a bit concerned that the profile might be a bit high and that I'll snag it on to all sorts of things...

Has that been the case with anyone here?

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: CapeTownBride

Oh I love that last one!

I would have to see it in person to judge on how 'high profile' the sparkle is.

Posted: Apr 18, 2010 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: CapeTownBride

I like the second one best, personally. But I think you've got great taste!

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

spharoe Posts : 3 Registered: 4/18/10
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

This was my ring.. the Tiffany Ribbon Ring, except the diamond isn't quite so big!

http://www.myweddingdayonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/round-brilliant-ribbon-ring.bmp

Then my Grandmother passed away and I inherited a ring. The ring is a family heirloom that dates back to the 1800's, and it's pretty magnificent. We've decided to size the Ribbon Ring for my other hand, and treat my grandmother's ring as my engagement ring.

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 7:30 AM Go to message in response to: spharoe

See, I love that. Family heirlooms are so beautiful in their sentimentality. I would take a family ring over a Tiffany ring any day (but that's just me)!

Netanya Posts : 1 Registered: 4/20/10
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

I love the fact that you are looking for an eco-friendly ring. It is so important to be sustainable!

There are so many choices out there when it comes to engagement rings and its so hard to narrow down your search, but I found this great article on Engagementring.org called: "7 Engagement Rings that Go Against the Flow" and this really helped me see what my options were. You can check it out here:
http://engagementring.org/7-engagement-ring-trends-that-go-against-the-flow

I personally am thinking about a vintage ring...what do you think?
-Netanya

Chantale Posts : 7 Registered: 3/31/10
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

I don't like yellow gold. I'm more of a fan of white gold. Also, I defenetely want clear diamonds. No colored diamonds for me. I had found the perfect setting on a poster but I cannot find it in real life! If anyone can find it with a complete set please let me know! Also I would like to know where to buy in canada. Here's a picture of it:

But then my boyfriend bought me the most beautiful white gold diamond necklace! Now I'm starting to think about getting a ring that matches it. Here's a couple pictures of it:

If anyone could find a picture of a ring that matches my necklace I would really appreciate it!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine