twilight theme

Online Users: 1,231 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 48

TangerineFranklin Posts : 21 Registered: 9/19/09
twilight theme
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 1:51 PM

My fiance and I are completely in love with twilight we will be getting married with bella and edwards rings from hot topic and the same with our engagement rings. Also I am getting a dress to look exacctly like Bella's. Are we going overboard?

Tangerine FranklinInnocent

Re: twilight theme
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

Personally, I think that sounds incredibly lame...but I probably wouldn't recognize that it was a Twilight theme if I saw it.

Ok, even putting aside my opinion that Twilight is a bad influence on young girls (what does it say about our progress that our vampire-chick in pop culture 10 years ago was a tough girl who slayed vampires and now it's a passive chick that falls in love with one and her life revolves around her boyfriend?), I think it's stupid to base your wedding on fictional characters. Dressing up and pretending to be someone else is fun - but your wedding day is one day that you should want to be YOU.

As with any theme, you should consider how you'll feel about this when you look back at your wedding photos in 40 years. Somehow, I don't see Twilight becoming a classic - it's simply a fad. If you like the dress or the rings because of how they look (rather than just because of their connection to Twilight), then use them. But definitely consider how you'll feel about your wedding photos in 40 years. I doubt anyone with, say, a cherry blossom theme is going to look back at their wedding photos and say, 'Wow, what a silly phase I was going through!' but you might feel that way about modeling your wedding after a book/movie. Especially once you haven't read it in 40 years.

In general with themes, small touches can be beautiful, but too much is obnoxious. I think the rings or the dress would be enough to pay homage to the story you like without going overboard.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

I love Twilight also! And, these rings are neat, but I don't know if I would use them as rings I plan to wear for the rest of my life. Yes, Twilight is very hot right now, but in 20 years is it still going to hold the same meaning for you two? If so, then I say go for it! It's your wedding and making it unique for you and FH is what's important. A lot of people play up the themes for their wedding (seasonal, rustic, fairy tale), a Twilight theme would be no different. I wouldn't necessarily post pics of Edward and Bella around, but the story is romantic and using that romance as inspiration could work. If you love it, then do it, have fun with it. But, think about the rings. They are more permanent than wedding decorations....

Post a pic of the dress. That movie installation isn't out yet so I haven't seen it....

Edited by: happydefiant1 on Oct 23, 2009 12:43 PM deleted my ticker, it's messed up

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Not to be rude but I think this answers your question of if you are to young to get married.
wedding tickers

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

This is how I look at it

Think about yourself five years ago.

Do you like all the same things you did then? Do somethings seem a little immature?

Think about yourself in 5...10...15 years...will you still love Twilight equally then?

I'm not going to say it's a stupid idea, because everybody has their own taste...even though I think most people would regret this wedding idea...there is an exception to every rule.

When planning a wedding I think people should include things that have been apart of their taste for a long time and will continue to afterwards.
Sometimes...even then it's inappropriate.

FH and I both love The Incredibles and the Lion King--but my wedding will not be themed after them...even though I will probably still love those movies in 5...10 years...

Sometimes you just have to consider what you will most likely be like in the future. You don't want your wedding to be a regret.

I have loved vintage sunglasses, lace, acoustic guitars, sunflowers, daisies and converse running shoes for about 10 years.

I probably still will 10 years from now and if they are involved in my wedding--I will have zero regrets.

Just ask yourself if that is genuinely your taste.
If it is.
If you are pretty darn sure you will have zero regrets.

Then go for the Twilight theme.
Nobody can tell you what to do and what to not do on your wedding day.

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I agree with ArtBride 100%. I never experienced love like Twilight portrays it. I also have a friend who used to L-O-V-E Twilight but isn't it's biggest fan anymore after being in love with a real person and maturing in that relationship. While I understand how it it appealing to so many young people I personally don't like Twilight and would not recomend using it as a theme. But then it's not my wedding. And not being able to see the future I can't tell you if it will become a classic or not. But my suggestion is to be safe and maybe just throw in a few touches here and there. If you want a whole out theme, you can throw an engagement party with a full theme.
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

I agree with everyone else. I love the books and movie of the Twilight saga. I have bugged Chris about when the next movie is coming out. He's not into it. But I wouldn't have a wedding theme of books or movies we like. Because liking something can change over the years. For instance, when I was younger, I was into New Kids on The Block. Now I wonder why I even liked them.
A wedding should reflect who you and your fiance are,and not what you like right now.
I am not doing a theme for mine.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

If you really want a twilight theme then maybe go subtle. Don't make it ALL Twilight theme because like many people have said here in many years after your wedding you may look back at it and regret it later. Plus you said in another thread that you will get married in 2012 so by then those Twilights books/movies may be old news and you may not be interested in them anymore.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah I disagree, I think they should do everything Twilight. After all they met at the movie. Think about all the classy, Twilight theme party stuff they can use! Plus, why make just one bad decision at a time!?!?!
wedding tickers

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: TangerineFranklin

I have some really great ideas:

-You should both wear fangs
-He should cover himself in glitter so that he sparkles (it will look so good. trust.)
-You should walk down the aisle carrying a single apple and he can be holding one too and then when you guys go to "kiss" you can intwine your arms and take a bite from eachother's apple
-can serve "blood punch"
-you can have really cute twilight paperplates
-your transportation can be an old red pickup truck

CUTEZ

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

GLITTER!!!! That is the best idea ever. Nothing spells class like groom covered in glitter!
wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

You're right, what was I thinking? The glitter can make it really special! Also, instead of a limo you two can come riding in a beat up truck like Bella has. Maybe have your guests dress up. Some can come as vampires and others can come as werewolves. Hmm...

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine