Flower girl nephew

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Re: Flower girl nephew
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: mskandi

Mskandi, have you considered having a "bell boy"? I can't remember where I read about this, but essentially the position can be held by a boy or girl (so someone could have a flower girl and a bell girl). They walk down the aisle before the bride ringing a handbell to announce her entrance.

Future Mrs. Millington

wedding website

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: mskandi

What details did you leave out in order to be succinct that would make it acceptable to require your 6 year old nephew to cross dress for your wedding, infront of all the guests, all the families, and to be memorialized in photos forever? I cannot think of anything that would make that ok. I hope that you put your nephew's well being first, and absolutely do not put him in a dress for your wedding. Unless, you are going to do a halloween wedding where ALL of you, including you, are in costumes.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Ladies,

This has got to get the prize for "Dumbest Idea Ever".

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Well, remember the one who was going to have peanuts and the FH son was allergic? Only because death of her future stepson was involved would I rate that as "dumbest idea ever". With this as runner up, damaging mental health but not risking actual, physical death.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I think it ties with the one from a few months ago where the woman wanted peanuts all over the floor even though her soon to be step son was allergic.
wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Star, hehehehe, our posts must have crossed paths, we both got the peanut girl.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Maybe they should get together and have the step in drag while on his way to the hospital.
wedding tickers

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Ladies,

OH CRAP, I forgot the peanut lady with the allergic stepson.

I stand corrected. (Thanks!) That's the Dumbest Idea Ever.

The flower boy is the Second Dumbest Idea Ever.

Death takes precedence over excruciating embarrassment.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Dear OP,

After reading about your ridiculous idea of putting this poor little boy in a dress for the wedding, I went and did a search in google images for flower boys, boys in dresses, etc etc. I was going to show you in picture, how silly this would look. But guess what? I couldnt find any!!! Not even one! You know why? Because NOONE DOES THIS TO PEOPLE THEY LOVE!! There were plenty of pictures of boys holding flowers, but they were NOT wearing dresses. So, please dont do this to the poor kid. You claim he loves his little costume right now. Well yeah. Hes a CHILD and is having fun playing! But show him those wedding pictures when he is a pre-teen, teen, or older, and he will not be finding it so funny anymore. He will be too busy being teased severely by his friends.

Trust me on this. Who cares what we think. Just think of the boy. This is not a good idea.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Gee, it's really hard to decide on the dumbest idea (or dumbest post) ever--there are so many choices LOL! I must admit, though, that these two are in the running. Then again, there are the ones about, "He cheats on me, abuses me, hates my kids, doesn't have a job, doesn't want to get married, and my parents and friends loathe him--what should I do?" These certainly deserve consideration!
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/news/images/cross_dressing1.jpg

From a story, of a crossing dressing child. I know, not a wedding. But should illustrate the point! It's in an article talking about how to best deal with little boys who want to try on dresses.

The article:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/news/images/cross_dressing1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.juniormagazine.co.uk/development__your_child/view/beads_boas_and_boys/2.html&usg=__rvnexe6z4L-TJmPa2KfZNcBl5sQ=&h=402&w=300&sz=19&hl=en&start=74&sig2=PPsSjYyXsU8jCIFtvowQwA&um=1&tbnid=_a8WbBw8zOg6FM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchildren%2Bcross%2Bdressing%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D72%26um%3D1&ei=qZbfSuX4M6HKtAPE-7TgCA

Myra, yep...the Top Ten List at least.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P., People Offended by Offended People

Edited by: cyndi33 on Oct 21, 2009 5:24 PM

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Dear Myra,

"How can I make him change?"

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Dear Aunt,

Marry him. That always seems to work.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Myra - Absolutely. If you want to change someone, then marry them!! It ALWAYS work!

EWF Posts : 158 Registered: 7/16/09
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: mskandi

so i have a slightly different opinion than everyone else. having a flower boy doesn't bother me. i was at a wedding where the brides son and daughter walked down the aisle, she as the flower girl and he as the ring bearer. the little boy, who i think was around 6, couldn't get his hand in his sisters basket fast enough to toss those petals!
but, please, please, please, do not put the boy in a dress! you should have a flower girl/boy because you love the child and want one, not because you found the perfect dress 6 months ago and come hell or high water, will find someone, anyone to wear it.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine