What is your story???? FUN!!!!

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 29

paralegal05 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/19/09
What is your story???? FUN!!!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 12:12 PM

So things have been really hectic at work, home, and just about every aspect of my life. I need something fun and interesting to read so I thought I would start a new thread (might have been done before but I haven't seen it) about how you met your FH, DH, or significant other. Is there a funny story or a unique story behind it? I will start first......

I had my heart broken by a guy I thought was "Mr. Right." I was really down so a friend of mine called and said, "That is it, you are going out with me tonight!" I fought her on it because she is into singing karaoke and that is just not my thing! Well needless to say she won and I did go with her. I figured I could have a couple of drinks and just forget about things. We get to the bar and I just sat and watch people sing. I was not having a bad time but I am just not a singer (I would make people go deaf, I know better!). I always had this rule that you never meet anyone in a bar that you want to have a relationship with. I just always thought guys at the bar are only looking for one thing (I know that is such a stereotype but believe me, most of my friends have fallen victims to this). Well my FH, Tim walks up to me and says, "Why aren't you singing?" I told him I hadn't had enough to drink! So next thing I know he orders me a drink. Of course I instantly say to him, "If you think you are going to get lucky tonight, don't bother because it is not happening!" He just laughed at me and said, "I just want you to sing!" I thought it was funny so I continued talking to him the rest of the night. We had such a great conversation, he had me laughing my butt off! He kept trying to get me to sing but I never did. He gave me his number when I left and he never asked for mine. I like this because I hate giving my number out. He said if you want to get together, call me.

I visited this bar a couple of times in the following 2 months and every time he was there and he would come right over to me and would just sit and talk to me. I found that I looked forward to running into him and couldn't wait to see him again. So after two months, I decided that I would call him on a Saturday to see if he wanted to get together. This was a big step for me because I never had called a guy to ask him out! Lol! He was so excited on the phone and we did meet up that night. It was a crazy night though! I actually ended up staying over his house because we went to a party and he didn't want me driving home. The problem was he lived with his mom and he snuck me in upstairs to his room. I was laughing the whole time because I felt like we were in high school again! We just recently told his brothers this story and they said they remembered their mom asking them if Tim had company over some night because she swore she heard a female voice! We have been together ever since. After 5 months he proposed and I happily accepted. We are planning a Janauary 2011 wedding!

So now let us hear all about your story!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: What is your story???? FUN!!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Very cute story. And yes these threads pop up every couple months or so, but then disappear into obliviion and get buried, so cant hurt to start a new one.

In the year 2000, I was on my computer one night hanging out in this Trivia Room that someone had created back then on AOL called 80s lyric game. Basically it was a chat room where someone would name lyrics to an 80s song, and everyone would guess what it was, etc. I used to go in there to waste time. There were about 8 or 10 of us a couple times a week. One of the posters names was Wayabvepar. My name was Camelsocks. One night the only people to show up in the room to play were the two of us. He was in Florida, me in Jersey, so there was never any thougth of relationship, etc. We were just talking, chatting, about music. We joked about Lionel Richie, mocked lots of old lyrics and musicians, and ended up chatting /IMing in that room for like 4hours. The next few weeks, we kept running into each other and kept chatting in there. Long conversattions. Then, a couple months later, we exchanged numbers. We ended up talking on the phone all night... like a marathon 7 hour phonecall. It was nuts.

About a year and a half later, we agreed to meet and see if this was anything worth pursuiing further. So, he flew out to Newark and met me. There was a problem at the Gate since it was just after 9/11 , the security was tight and they no longer let people inside the gates...he didnt know that, so he was waiting for me on one side and I waiting for him on the other side. My cell wasnt working in the airport and he couldnt reach me, and we both though the other had been stood up. It was horrible!!! Finally, I flagged downa couple and described DH to them (we had exchanged pictures through the mail so I knew he was really tall) and begged them to tell him to come through the gate, that Im on the other side. A few minutes later I saw him, and we hugged forever. I was soooo nervous but soooo relieved. My initial plan was for him to stay in a hotel that week in case he was a serial killer. But he was amazing and made me feel comfy and like I had known him foryears. I FELT like we were best friends through talking online and phone for a year, I knew him, but still wanted to be smart. So he came back to my place and I made an Italian meal ....lasagna ,bread, salad, etc. Then we hung out in nyc all day long and I took him all around, ending our day with a night cruise along the harbor. Had our first kiss on the boat, and that was it.

At the end of the week, at the airport, we both cried and he said I love you and I did too. the next FIVE years, yes five, were a long distance relationship where we would both visit whenever possible. I went down to florida, he came up here. Not often enough, we are poor lol. It was HARD, but he was trying to save enough money to move here, and also wanted to make damn sure it was the right choice. We both wanted to make sure that before we moved in together, we knew it was because marriage was the next step. I had never lived with a man before... because I just dont see any reason to take that step unless Im planning on marrying them, and this was theo nly time I could see that in our future.

So he moved in, drove from Florida to Jersey with a Penske truck attached to his car, and his 15yr old cat on his lap. He got here in Fbruary and there was snow on the ground...and then 10months later in December, he proposed, and there was snow on the ground. We got married October 2006. It will be 3years next month.

WHenever I tease him about being themost unromantic person alive, he says "Hey I moved to NEW JERSEY for you. I think Im off the hook for life now." lol. Great.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I'll tell mine too!

So in 2003 I was working at a golf club and I had just started. It was winter and the club was closed so I was bored a lot of the day. On a whim, I decided to open an eharmony account and see what it was all about. So I took the quiz and started getting matches. Some of them were OK, some were stupid. So we get to the point where you can write about yourself and he sent this message that was really nice. Mostly I was geting messages like "here is my screen name, IM me sometime" and that was it. But his was pretty detailed about what he likes to do and hobbies and one was golf which I thought was a pretty cool coincidence since I worked at a country club. So after a few legnthy messages we started IM-ing then we started chatting on the phone.

We decided to meet in person on New Year's Eve in 2003 and I brought my friend (b/c hey, I am not stupid!). Welllll I Wish I could say it was love at first sight, but it was not. I knew we had a connection but I didn't feel anything physically for him really. We tried going out on one more date and I wasn't into it.

So we kept talking off and on throughout 2004. His really good friend, and my grandfather passed away within days of each other so we got to talking about that. In the meantime, I was dating around and having fun. Then in Aug of 2004 we started talking more and more and went out on a "Real" date and it was the MOST fun I have had in a long time. So we kept talking, even though I was dating someone else too. Then in November I ended up with free tix to a Knicks game through work so I invited him. And he met me at my house and we wrnt to the game and talked and talked and laughed the whole entire time. It was awesome. So from that day, we were pretty inseperable.

He ended up moving closer to where my family had just moved (in the same week actually). And then we got engaged in Nov 2006, he moved into my apt in May 2007, we got 2 little kittens in July 2007 and we got married in Oct 2007.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Cassandra85 Posts : 31 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Very cute and interesting stories so far. Mine isn't as good but I was in High School going into my junior year and FH was a senior. We went to different high schools and I was friends with this guy that also went to the same high school as FH. We ended up going to the same party and FH had his eye on my and told our mutual friends that he thought I was cute. So he introduced us and we kind of hung out the rest of the night. Before the night ended, FH kissed me and it wasn't too long after that that we started dating. I always say if it wasn't for the kiss I probably wouldn't of pursued anything. Well we have been together ever since going on 8 years are we are getting married only 2 days after our anniversary.

Based off the 2 stories above and mine, it is true to what they say. Love will come to you when you least except it. I had been dating this guy in the spring of 2001 that actually went to the same high school as FH. I ended that relationship, the during the summer I had some more bad dates and was just fed up with the guys I was meeting. So I had all intentions of going into school in the fall and asking out this particular guy who I dated when I was really young and that never happened cuz I met FH the week before school started.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

October 27th to be exact right NJ? lol. Our shared wedding Anniversary is coming up, yayyy!!!!
So what changed for you as far as not being attracted to him and then later, you were? Was it just oen of those things where you had to really know him before you were attracted to him? Just curious. I sort of felt that way with Dh too, in a different way. Because we hadnt met in person but had talked and KNEW each other for over a year, I honestly felt that whatever he looked like, it didnt matter tome becuse i was already very attracted to him and who he was. The fact that I thought he was pretty cute in person was a bonus (and freakin TALL lol.)

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

10/27 baby!

I dont know what changed. I think I needed to do a few more things before settling down. I think subconciously I knew I was going to marry him b/c we had SO much in common and I got freaked. I mean I was only 23 when we met! But thankfully he was pretty persistent. He told me later on his best friend was like "dude I dont think this is the girl for you, you need to give up, she's kind of a bitch". Haha! But I wasn't the nicest, I will admit. Gotta love those TALL boys!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I was not physically attracted to my FH at first either. But I got to know the real him and fell in love with him. I had the best time when I was around him and he always had me laughing and smiling! I think that makes all the difference. I think he is a complete Hottie Tottie!!!

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Aww what nice stories!! I'll share mine.

I had been engaged to s diffrent guy, and we had a very bad break up a little less than a year before I met FH so I really wasn't looking for love.

The night before New Years Eve 2006 I was at home playing on my new cell phone trying to kill the battery so I could charge it that night, so it wouldn't die on me the next day. I decided to go into a chatroom, which I normaly wouldn't have done since it was so late at night, and all the guys in there are such perverts and only want to hook up. I found a few nice guys to talk to, I started getting tired, and bored when I noticed I had a new message from someone with a screen name of B_Dawg, not something I would really ever answer to, but all it said was Hi, and something told me to at least say hi back, but if things got dirty I was leaving. Well 4 hours later we were still talking about anything and everything. I was so tired, but I was having so much fun talking to this guy I didn't want to stop, it had been a long time since I was able to actually talk to a guy and not care or have to watch what I say. I finally decided I needed to get some sleep, I had a busy day ahead of me. I told him I had a blast talking to him, gave him my number and told him if he wanted to continue our conversation after we had both had some sleep to send me a text. The next day (well techancly the same day) after I woke up I heard my phone go off, and it was him saying good morning. We texted (that doesn't seem right, sent texts back and forth?) non-stop for about two weeks. At about 2 weeks we both realized there were some really deep feelings there so we decided to actually talk on the phone and see how we connected like that. We had marathon phone calls like Kelly, they were seriously no shorter than like 3 hours. Finally after about 3 weeks of that I convinced him to come visist me. He lived about 3 hours away, and had no car. He finally gave in and got a bs ticket to come see me, I brought my little sister with me, and we went to Chili's for some lunch and then to the movies to see Happily Never After. After that we just hung out. It got late and I had to take my sister home (side note shes not really my little sister, I just grew up with her family and consider them my own). After taking her home I took DH back to the bus station, but we found out the last bus had left for the night, so I had to ask my dad if he could stay at our house. My dad didn't really want him to, but agreed since he had no where else to go. We sat on the couch watching tv and snuggling most of the night. The next day I took him to the bus station after breakfast and we were sitting in my car talking and he asked if he could go back to work the next day and brag to everyone he has the most amazing girlfriend. I laughed and said sure I guess, and then we kissed, our first kiss, IT was sooooo great and natural!! The bus came and it was so hard for me to say goodbye. After that every weekend he would get on a bus and come down and see me. I finally decided to move in with him after about 4 months, we got engaged a year and a half or so after that, and got married May 24, 2009!!

MrsDeLouis Posts : 167 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Taking a trip back 3 years... I had been in a relationship at the time which I knew was coming to an end, rapidly. This particular night, I was due to go out with my best friend for some drinks but thanks to her ass of an ex-husband being unreliable, she had to cancel. So here I was, pretty bummed so I headed to happy hour after work. Upon coming home to let the dog out I decided that I just didn't want to sit at home alone so I was going to head back out to the bar down the street and wallow in my own self pity some more lol! Wouldn't you know it, the damn phone rings and it happens to be the bf, who at this point I hadn't talked to in like 3 days, yeah, this was going to be good. I headed to my deck and I'm sure you can guess what happened next, the ass didn't even have the balls to break up in person.

During all this time, my neighbors are outside on their deck getting ready to grill as it's the dad's birthday. So both older boys are there, and I happen to notice that the redhead still doesn't seem to have a girl with him. Now this is the same redhead that I saw the very first day I moved in working on his bronco without a shirt on and I couldn't help but think to myself, well at least I'll have something good to look at here! We had talked from time to time but that was about the extent of it.

Anyway, of course, I'm rather pissed at this point and the dad (FFIL) is nice enough to ask me if I would like to join them for dinner, ok he pretty much insisted that I join them. Well it ended up being a very nice evening as the redhead and I sat on the deck most of the night talking. The next day, I was invited to a friends end of summer party with them and one thing led to another that night. Neither one of us really expected this to go anywhere, but for whatever reason, he kept coming around which was just fine by me. The next thing we know it's over 18 months into the relationship, he's moving in and he's adopted my dog. Ok the dog pretty much traded me for FH (and I'm the one who rescued the little furry pita)! He still asks me from time to time what I saw in him and I still ask him why the hell he puts up with me, but despite the ups and downs I love him. I hate shopping for him since he's too picky about what won't "clash" with his hair, but I love him, lol! (really hun, you can't just wear black, grey, and white all the time!)

Go to fullsize image

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

We met online too. I had ran across his name on my cousins myspace and just added him for some reason I NEVER add random people but since my cousin new him I was like aahhh why not So anyways, he messaged me back saying that he only added me because I was gorgeous... I was like oh great he's cocky. He turned out not to be and we quickly fell for each other... We met with a group of friends and he told me the next day that he knew he wanted to be with me and I felt the same....

As we grow older, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change about me, I will keep falling in love with you all over again every single day

Executive Recruiter and Quality Control Specialist of E.N.E.M.A A special division of P.O.O.P

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

These are all SO cute! I love reading stuff like this!

So, FH and I were in the same program in college, but never actually met until his last semester - which is actually pretty odd since the class sizes are relatively small.

To give a little background, I dated the same person on and off (mostly on) for almost six years. To this day, I still don't really know why we stayed together as long as we did. He was a nice guy, we had fun together and got along well for the most part, but we were never really in love - other than that high school puppy love or whatever. Towards the end of the relationship, I moved to New Zealand for an amazing internship opportunity, which lasted six months. This experience totally changed my outlook on life and made me realize how truly amazing life can be! Anyway, long story (somewhat) short, everything in the relationship ended; I was totally independent, on my track to finish school and move back to NZ permanently for a job opportunity I would have been a fool to turn down...

A week before finals in Dec of 2007, FH facebooked me, asking if I had started studying for the exam in a class we had together. I recognized him, but had never actually talked to him, so wrote back saying that I hadn't and asked him a few questions regarding the material. Over the week, we messaged back and forth, mostly about school related stuff... and then when we had class together, he would almost go out of his way to not make eye contact with me! ...which, made me realize how SHY he was! Anyway, the day before the exam I let him know I was going to be at the library looking over my notes and that he could join me if he liked... he never showed up, which I'm not going to lie, kind of bruised my ego a bit! In class, on the day of the exam he smiled at me while it was being passed out, and then again as he was leaving. He messaged me afterwards, asking me how I thought it went and asked about my plans for over Christmas break - I still had another semester left before graduation. I couldn't put my finger on what it was that made me so interested in him, but I figured if I gave him my number, maybe he would call and we could actually hang out and talk in person. ...call, he did not - text message, rather. So, we text messaged back and forth for a week... I kept dropping hints about wanting to meet up, as did he. Being the stubborn person I am, I wanted him to ask me out, but since he was too shy to even call me, I figured it would be much easier if I just asked him instead. We met up for drinks on the day after Christmas at around 6, and didn't end up leaving until around midnight! It was crazy how great the conversation was - especially since it was our first time actually talking to one another! Over Christmas break, we were almost completely inseparable; however, the entire time I knew in the back of my mind that it couldn't last, since I was moving to the other side of the world in the Spring...

School started back up, and we continued dating. Midway through the semester, I realized our relationship was far more serious than I had ever imagined it would (or could!) possibly be. We had very similar interests and views on life, and an undeniably strong emotional and physical attraction - we were completely and totally in LOVE. My family adored him and his loved me. The only question was... what was I going to do?

The best decision of my life was when I turned down my sure-thing job opportunity in NZ to take a serious chance with FH. In the rough economy, I accepted a job somewhat related to my degree, but it was over an hour and a half away from where we both lived. As fate would have it, one week later, FH somehow got offered a GREAT position within half an hour from where my new job was. We moved in together and were engaged six months later! I am so excited to be marrying my best friend! :)

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

~Dr. Seuss

Edited by: FutureMrsBabler on Sep 2, 2009 12:56 PM

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

We all have such unique stories. I love reading all of them!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I play. Afer dating a lot of a$$hole, one of my good friends told me to try eHarmony. I did the questionary, but still wasn't ready to date yet. I was very heartbroken. I wated a couple of months and one weekend they had free communication weekend. So I decided to finally check the matches they send me. I went through the communication steps with a couple of guys and I like the process. But still wasn't ready to date. I waited a couple of more months before paying the subcription. When I saw DH profile I like how tall he is and the way he talk about his family. We started the comunnication process and exchanged emails. We emailed back and forward for a couple of weeks and he asked me out. I was so nervous and shaking when I got to the restaurant, lol. He thought I was a little high maintenance and that I didn't like him b/c I said he look different from the pictures. What I mean was that he looks better in person, but was scared of said it, lol. It was a great date, we were talking and laughing a lot. He walked me to my car and asked me if he can hug me. I said yes and I was so happy he did and didn't try to kiss me (like other guys tried). A week later we went out bowiling and it was so much fun. We talked so much and he made me laugh and he asked me to kiss me and it was a great kiss. I was so happy drivng back to my apt, lol. We went out that weekend to a festival, he was worried I wasn't having a good time, but I had a wonderful time besides being sick. Next day ended up at ER and he send me flowers: red roses, my favorites. I was so surprise and touch. It was the first time a guy send/gave mee flowers. He asked me to be his girlfriend and we became serious pretty soon. I realized I love him while we were at the art museum with friends. He notice my feelings also, but didn't said anything thinking I wasn't aware yet, lol. One night I couldn't help it anymore and I said it and he said he loves me too and he knew I love him since the day we were at the art museum, lol. He realized he loves me like two weeks before I did. I was so surprise how open and honest he was adminting his feeling. On our 6 months anniversary, we decided to moved in together when my lease expired. We started looking for houses. On the closing day, after signing all the paper, we went to our house to start moving things. He walked me in front of the front door and propposed. I started crying, lol. We got married exactly a year later after getting engaged. And now we're expecting our first baby.

Finally Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sybelle that is such a great story. I am surprised to see how many of you met your hubbies and FH online. That gives hope to a lot of people out there still looking for Mr. Right. I know I was always very scared to do the online thing. But then again I met my FH in a bar!!!! You never know!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: paralegal05

Thanks paralegal. I should add we set up our friends and they are getting married in October 17! I was afraid of the online dating also, I'm glad I did it.

Finally Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine