Something blue--shoes

Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 17

SamnScott10 Posts : 14 Registered: 8/2/09
Something blue--shoes
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 2:06 AM

Spelled - Turquoise main view

this is what I'm planning for my something blue. Though I'll definately have to get flip flops for the reception. Just wondering if its a waste since they are under my dress and probably won't be seen much. However I am totally a shoe person and will most definately be able to wear them again after the wedding. But I love love love them!!

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Re: Something blue--shoes
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 3:35 AM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

They are VERY pretty, and I Love the rich color too! I actually plan on doing something like the shoes below. Not the exact pair...but something like them. I love the rhinestone broach...I am just looking for something with ankle straps that wrap all the way around the ankle so my feet don't slide and make me trip over my dress. If I could find these with a full ankle strap, I would be good to go.

-The Blushing BrideCool

Revenwyn Posts : 48 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 5:07 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

My blue will be directly on my dress. And I'm wearing flats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping and praying our day will come soon.

Allornil Posts : 6 Registered: 10/5/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

samnscott I LOVE those shoes! where did you find them? I plan on wearing bue shoes too and changing into converse after!

briony Posts : 75 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

I love them! What a gorgeous color. I don't think it's a waste - they'll make for some fun photo-ops. I keep going back and forth on pink vs. blue shoes. I almost bought these, but my dress has a vintage feel to it so I don't think they'd look right.
Kate Spade Clarice (Hot Pink Satin) - Women's
And these are my current favorites:

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: Allornil

I found them on heels.com because I was just searching for blue shoes. A little risky considering I didn't get to try them on but they have a pretty friendly return policy so I went for it. Definately need some breaking in but they looked as great in person as on the website!!
wedding countdown

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 6:05 AM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

OMG I WANT THESE SHOES!

Definitely go for them, they are so cute!

So now, I'm going to go surf that website to find them myself!!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 6:22 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

They don't have them small enough for me...I guess my search continues.

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: briony

Those pink shoes are AWESOME! I really like both of them... but the bright ones are super fun! I love the blue heels, too! If FH were a bit taller and if we weren't having an outdoor wedding, I would totally look into getting those! :)

These are the ones I am thinking about going with... practical, BLUE and a little bit of glam! ***fingers crossed that they go on sale sometime soon!!!***

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

HTT Posts : 8 Registered: 8/13/09
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

Those shoes are cute for sure, and even though they will be under your dress, they will peek out every now and then when your walking and dancing, so it will be just enough!

I'm thinking about something like this for me something blue:
DUFFY rhinestone, emu and peacock fascinator headpiece

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

Very cute shoes! Perfect balance of style and elegance for a wedding!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 2:45 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

ya you can have them email you when they become available in your size. I lucked out... the first time I saw them they didn't have my size (6) and when I went back to the website a few hours later they did have them so just check back occasionally and see. I think I found them on amazon too but they were more expensive.
wedding countdown

Melimel33 Posts : 10 Registered: 8/18/09
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 11:46 PM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

I LOVE those shoes.....so much that I wanted to buy them for my something blue! I especially love the pink bottom and think it would be fun for pics.

I ended up going with this pair only because I am much more comfortable walking in shoes with a strap around the ankle (so I don't trip and break anything)! They are by Chinese Laundry and I just ordered them today!

Something Blue by you.
"It only took a moment to know that I would love you for the rest of my life, but it would take a lifetime to tell you all the reasons why."

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

Those are cute shoes! I LOVE the back of the heel in them, I'm crazy about heels with detail on them, or shoes with really wierd heels that look like artwork and not shoes, LOL. They look like they have a hidden platform in them, if they do they might be more comfortable than you think they are!

I also love the hot pink shoes posted!

I was going to do pink shoes, but decided to do silver because my dress already has so much going on I didn't want it to be too much. I'm kinda dissapointed now, LOL.

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: SamnScott10

Yay! I'm not the only one :) I really like the hot pink ones above and that peacock feather is gorgeous!

I've told my FH and BM's that I wanna do my heels as my something blue. FH and one BM hate the idea. Our wedding is pink and gold, so the blue won't match anything. My girls are wearing gold strappy heels, but I LOVE the idea of the shoes being my something blue. Here are the ones I am loving right now. I have not bought them yet because I'm still trying to decide if these are the ones. I like the croc skin and they look sturdy enough for dancing and what not.

Blue Patent Croc Platform Peep Toe Heel Pump

Not all who wander are lost

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine