Proof that diet is what you need

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 8

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Proof that diet is what you need
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 2:12 PM

So for a while I was doing good with P90X and working out just about everyday with it. I'd skip a few days here and there though...
That lasted almost 2 months and I stopped. Now I go to the gym when I can. I've gone a week without going even a month.. So my workout sched. is far from regular.
I have been sticking to eating healthy and watching my calories. I only drink diet drinks and water and if I eat something horrible I balance out the rest of my day and try to be a bit more active. I've been eating ice cream at night which is HORRIBLE but it happens ;) lol

Well here is a pic from 03/15/09 and then one from today (typical before and after pic.. very white in the first pic and tan in the 2nd hah) Not a HUGE change but you can see i've toned up a little and i really haven't worked my abs much. Granted P90X has one HELL of a workout for your abs that I did in march and april. But now I do it maybe every other week??

So don't worry so much about hitting the gym or trying off the wall diets. Just watch what you put in your mouth!! at first it was a bit hard for me not to eat a cheeseburger, now I look at fast food burgers and the thought of eating one makes me sick. I guess it's like quitting smoking. Once you get over the cravings it's very easy to stop.

(I can't get it to fit.. link to the pic http://www.ladysstall.com/03151715.jpg )

I'm pretty happy with the results though. I really wanted to tone up and i've started to do that even though i've been pretty lazy for the most part. Goes to show as long as your active you'll have the muscle!! It just doesn't always show... lol

And i'm still one of the whitest people at my gym :( damn them...

Oh and this is also a wake up call for those who do the whole fasting diet stuff. toned > skinny. you don't have to starve yourself. You don't have to eat like a rabbit. You just have to be aware and stick to it. Don't get discouraged when you go a week or two without working out or eating 100% good. You can still go back and have results. Granted it's taken me a bit longer but it still happend. I never GAINED weight I just stayed the same until I jumped back onto the workout thing again.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

Edited by: LilTuffGirl on Jul 15, 2009 2:12 PM Edited by: LilTuffGirl on Jul 15, 2009 2:13 PM

Edited by: LilTuffGirl on Jul 15, 2009 2:13 PM

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Re: Proof that diet is what you need
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

You look FABULOUS!!! There really is a big difference! You must be so pleased with the results! Keep up the great work!!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

Good job! How long did it take you to get toned up? Ok so what you did was exercise some and eat less? The problem with me is that I have low blood sugar so I have to eat! :( I love eating too which sucks lol. This week I feel like I have been eating less. Maybe you can give us an example of what your meals are like in a day. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I want to lose 10 lbs in 15 months! Do you think I can do that? Keep in mind that I LOVE to eat haha.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I never get on the scales. I don't know if it's my body type or what but I do NOT go under 150 lbs. So I just glare at the scales...

Every morning I eat either FiberOne cereal or Special K and normally have half a glass of low sugar 0 or low carb Orange Juice and take a muli-vitamine.

Lunch for a while was either the tuna filets they sell in a little packet with steamed veggies (frozen in the single servings) or low fat PB&J sandwich with light yogurt and water or diet dr pepper

Dinner is whatever the fiance wants. Normally we just have something frozen that we heat up... We hardly ever go out.

Sometimes for dinner I take an Ali pill. It says not to take it if your not over weight but it seems to help if I eat something greasy. Otherwise I'm pretty much waisting my money and it does nothing for me.

I work out 3 or 4 times a week. Always start off with cardio then always move to weights. I keep changing up the weights and workouts with them. I got a lot of my ideas from the P90X videos.

I work abs every other day.. or try to anyways.. always do side crunches and make sure i'm flexing while doing so. Then the rest of my ab workout is from the P90X ab ripper.. it hurts like hell but works.

some days I only had like 30 min to spare to work out so I'd just go run around the neighborhood. Didn't give me much but was better than nothing.

If I cheated and had ice cream or some kind of tastey i'd do it before 8pm. if it was after 8pm and I really wanted something sweet I told myself I was SOL.

Like today I need to get out and get some frozen yogurt. It's been a horrible day and I need some sweet tasteys to help me out :( but i'm at work and normally only get out when we get a call. So hopefully we have another call before 8....

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

You don't go under 150 lbs?! You look skinny in your profile picture.

Thanks for the tidbits :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

150 pounds IS skinny for a lot of people. I look sick under like 145 pounds. Proof that weight is not as important as how you actually LOOK. :D
My Planning Blog

Revenwyn Posts : 48 Registered: 4/26/07
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 3:03 AM Go to message in response to: ChelsRae85

I look sick anything under 160 pounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoping and praying our day will come soon.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 7:35 AM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see a difference in the photos. If there is one I can't tell.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

My sides aren't as big and my mid section is more toned. You can't see it too well in the second pic (can see it in person) but i'm starting to get a faint outline of the outter edge of my abdominal area.
It's not as "loose" looking or feeling as odd as that sounds.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine