MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 238

BrideFirstLawye... Posts : 25 Registered: 5/5/09
MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 5:55 AM

GREETINGS MODERN BRIDES!

I HAVE MADE IT TO THE TOP TEN FOR THE MODERN BRIDE OF THE YEAR CONTEST.
I HAVE KNOWN MY FIANCE FOR 11 YRS., AND WE HAVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP
FOR OVER 8 YEARS (think "Dawson's Creek Syndrome") AS A RECENT LAW
SCHOOL GRAD WITH MAJOR LOAN DEBT. I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT FREE
HONEYMOON & WEDDING BANDS! PLEASE WATCH MY VIDEO AND VOTE FOR ME!
GOD BLESS!

VOTING STARTS TODAY JULY 8TH @ 12PM EST - JULY 22ND! YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY HOUR!!!!

DANIELLE FORD

BrideFirstLawye... Posts : 25 Registered: 5/5/09
Re: MODERN BRIDES OF THE WORLD UNITE - VOTE FOR ME!
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 5:59 AM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

DANIELLE FORD

Brides.com/modernbride/modernbrideoftheyearvoting

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

IF YOU PUT IT IN WRITING THAT YOU WILL DONATE 25% OF YOUR FIRST YEAR LAWYER'S SALARY TO CHARITY, THEN I'LL CONSIDER VOTING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Good for you for graduating law school. However, why do you deserve a free honeymoon and wedding bands when I didnt get them free?

Formerly FMR2008 

Married Since December 27, 2008!

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

OK so you've barely posted before, and now you post on several different threads that we should all vote for you to get free stuff?!?!?!?!? So you have student loans? My FH was unemployed for 4 months and now has a crappy job that barely pays the bills. And yet we are managing to pay for our own honeymoon and wedding bands. Why don't you try the Knot? Maybe they'll be naive enough to vote for you.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Oh Christ,here we go yet AGAIN with this damn contest. Jeez, how many contests ARE there giving away free weddings? Someone comes on here every week with this stuff. I love how it says I can vote every HOUR if I want to. Oh boy!!! Can I? Because honestly, I have nothing better to do than to vote for someone I know nothing about for 24 consecutive hours so they can get free crap.

Ok, Im done laughing now.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

Sorry chickie.. but you were not a member of this community before this contest, so you're on your own. Why shouldn't all the other Modern Bride candidates come on here and ask us to vote for them too.

Now, if it were someone who had been an active member of this community for a while, who we had a chance to know (like Heidi, or Kelley, or Karebeartg, or Carebearemy, or Bride2008, for example... folks who have actually taken part and are not going "oh look.... here's a bunch of people I can enlist as my voting army. They're brides. They understand and they will vote for me",) I might have voted for you.

When I first joined.... I had probably 2 or 3 HUNDRED posts at that time, I became a finalist in a contest to win wedding photography. I asked people to vote, and I know that they did. However, at that same time, I had just joined another mailing list like two days previously. A large list of Harry Potter fans. Clearly a great source for votes. I didn't recruit them... and I lost by about 50 votes. I didn't' recruit them because I did not deem myself a sufficient member of their community for that. It would have felt like, to me, I had joined JUST to get their votes not to be a part of their community.

Much like what you've done to us.

Personally, I'd rather vote for the brides who didn't try to take advantage of us.

Misty

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

BRUTAL! lol You guys don't have to vote for me. Just pay for my wedding. That sounds fair. <---the insanity...

Wedding Tickers

http://thebenberryz.brides.com

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Too cute for words, Let me rush right out and vote.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

sillymonkey Posts : 48 Registered: 4/6/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought taken back by this but have any of you taken a look at the finalist from modern bride. Where are all the normal hardworking brides. I'm getting married in 3 weeks without a wedding band b/c we can't afford it right now so I got a cheap $50 one until we can. So if you win will you buy my ring?
I can't wait to marry my great guy! Best of luck to your MARRIAGE!

sillymonkey Posts : 48 Registered: 4/6/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

I should add that all of the brides have done extreme wonderful things in their lives and most likely have worked very hard for where there at but my point was what about the average bride? Maybe I should start a magazine called Everyday Brides. I just wanted to clearify my post.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

well... they are finalists. I looked at the application when it was on here, and didn't bother with it. Their definition of a modern bride and mine are not the same. And yes, they've done good things, but they also all have plenty of money and can pay for it themselves. A doctor doesn't need my help. A lawyer can afford her own wedding. A secretary? To get the wedding she dreams of, she needs some assistance.

Misty

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

I'll vote, but since you think you deserve the money since your a recent graduate, I'm assuming you wouldn't mind sharing it with me since I'm also a recent graduate in debt w/ school loans.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: BrideFirstLawye...

The last time a perfect stranger came on here and asked me to vote for them for something. I believe their competition won by a landslide. I voted as often as I could for any and everybody else.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

cldeross Posts : 113 Registered: 6/24/09
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Looking at all the contestant in the competition reminded me of high school home coming queen. I hated high school and the girls who pretended to like everyone in order to get votes. Where were all the REAL modern brides, the ones with normal jobs, and families. The doctor is getting married in Costa Rica for crying out loud, she can afford a wedding band...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine