August 2009 so close

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

sillymonkey Posts : 48 Registered: 4/6/08
August 2009 so close
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 9:08 AM

Something strange is going on with my computer so I'm starting a new thread, sorry if I stepped on anyone's current thread. Our month is super close and I wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Also I wanted to create a new thread so we, August 2009, brides can vent any last minute things or just catch up. I'm getting married Aug. 1st and it is so close that I'm getting a little nervous. I'm finding little details that I'm forgetting. Is anyone doing programs? Best wishes to all the August brides out there.

AndreaHalley Posts : 23 Registered: 7/6/09
Re: August 2009 so close
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

Congrats! Hope we can share our excitement here
Hi all! My wed is December, 09

jmorgan0998 Posts : 5 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

I see that we are getting married on the same day. Congrats!!!! I am having a hard time sleeping right now. Keep thinking of all of the stuff that still needs to be done and if I am forgetting anything. Just a little over three weeks to go and feel as if I am going crazy!!

MrsWestphal2be Posts : 4 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

Hello there! I too am getting married August 1st, um that's in 19 days!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, but also so anxious. So many things have gone wrong that I'm pretty sure nothing else can. My dress was mail ordered and the first time I tried it on the Zipper broke. My caterer cancelled on my, through an email 2 months before the big day. My baker double booked cakes for my date and time. Yeah, I've been through the wringer. But I have handled all with deep breaths and reassurance that at the end of the day on August 1st i will be married to my soul mate and best friend.
Congrats ladies!!!!!!!!!!
"I’ve kissed a guy... I’ve kissed guys. I just haven’t felt that thing.... That thing... that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy, and the only thing in focus is you and this person. And you realize that that person is the only person you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this amazing gift. And you wanna laugh and you wanna cry, ‘cause you feel so lucky that you’ve found it, and so scared that it’ll go away all at the same time."
Drew Barrymore; from the movie "Never Been Kissed"

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWestphal2be

I'm sorry for the late response to my fellow August brides...I've been busy as I'm sure you have too.
jmorgan0998- Congrats and I wish the best for you on your wedding day (I would say our wedding day but that would sound like we're getting married). What are you most excited about on your day besides marry your soon to be husband?

MrsWestphal2be- I'm really sorry you are hitting so many bumps! It sounds like you're a trooper and hanging in there. I try and believe that everythign happens for a reason. And in the end, all that matters is that you will be married. How are things now? Just think of the stories you will have!

I would love to see pictures when you guys get them! You can either post them or PM me. If you would like I'll send pics too. I like seeing everything from weddings.

As with me I'm getting really nervous of the dress and entering married life. LOL My fiance and I are taking dance lessons and doing a suprise number later in the evening so I'm really excited about that. Take care

riderzblock Posts : 65 Registered: 10/30/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

I am getting married August 7, 2009. I can't believe it is so close. I am doing programs, I ordered them here and they are pretty affordable, I thought: http://www.programsandbulletins.com/
I am going to tie them with a ribbon to a raffia fan for our outdoor wedding.
Does anyone have any cool ideas for flowergirl baskets? I didn't want to do wicker baskets, I want something fun. The ring bear is going to carry our rings in a nest. I haven't decided if they will be the real rings yet!

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

my fiance and I are learning to dance for our first dance. It is fun but I am worried that dancing in my dress is going to be hard, I should start practicing in a long tight skirt!

jmorgan0998 Posts : 5 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

Sorry for the late reply. Congrats to all of us getting married in August. 9 days and counting. I feel as if I am going to go completely crazy. Trying to make sure everything gets done is tiresome. I will post some pics after we get back from honeymoon.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: jmorgan0998

We are leaving in a few days for our wedding, its out of state, and I'm excited and ready for the planning to be done. I will post a new thread in already married with pictures when I get back ( and when I get pictures back) so look for that. You can also PM me if you can't find it. LOL Good luck to everyone for a wonderful day.

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I hope all you August brides have and had a good wedding. Mine went off without a hitch and a few funny moments of the videographer stepping on my veil and our parents filling up the sand ceremony vase.
How did the other August 1st brides do?

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

August is halfway over!!! How are those august weddings going?! Mines the 22nd...I'm so stressed, someone i work with booked the same dj as me, her wedding was this past weekend and she said he was HORRIBLE like bad....I don't know what to do!!!! Ahhh!!!! lol

NikZilla Posts : 59 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: BeckiSou22

I am super stressed. I can't wait til all this is over. David's Bridal gave my maid of honors dress to another customer and they don't know who. It's been 1 thing after another. Our wedding is 6 days away.
Smile

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: NikZilla

We were married August 7 and I think it went really well. I was really stressed though, and there wasn't anything to do about it, just lots of thoughts racing through my head, lots of pressure for a single day. But I had lots of friends and family who wanted to make sure the day was perfect for me. It all still seems like kind of a dream. I saw the wedding video yesterday and that was kind of uncomfortable for me! I totally forgot most of the steps to our first dance. The food was good, the DJ was good, we had lots of leftovers from the open bar that we were able to take home. I know there were lots of pictures we didn't get but at the time, you just want to get to the party and not be worried about whether the whole family was in a picture. Our honeymoon in Mexico was awesome but a strange thing happened four days into it, I was just overcome with sadness, or depressed, because there wasn't anything making me sad, but I was crying and I had a lump in my throat but I couldn't say what was wrong because nothing was wrong. My s-i-l said she got sad after the wedding just because it was over and she had been looking forward to it for so long. I don't know, but maybe you could tell me if anyone felt that.

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I want to see some pictures of these weddings!
Created by Wedding Favors

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: sillymonkey

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine