my mom can now get the Denny's senior menu!

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

TheRealMrsJ Posts : 15 Registered: 6/11/09
my mom can now get the Denny's senior menu!
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:50 PM

Just thought this was funny...

My mom's 55th birthday is today and at Denny's, their Senior Citizen menu is ages 55+.

My dad's out of town for 2 weeks on business and won't be back til next weekend, so we were thinking about taking her out to dinner tonight somewhere tonight. My dad sent me an email as well, asking me to take her out for dinner or get her a cake since he's out of town, saying he'll pay us back when he's home. I asked him what he thought about us taking her to Denny's, as DH and I were joking about it the other night and he was like "Do it! She was just talking about that the other morning when we got breakfast there!"

So I mention it to her last night and was like "Yeah, you can get your Senior discount now..." and she's like "No, no, no!! I get to order off the Senior menu - it's not just a discount!! A full meal for a fraction of the price!"

LOL...

she was soooo excited about it, which is hilarious because the last few years when we mentioned she was getting closer to being able to order off it she was all "Nooooo I have a few years left, I don't want to be a Senior Citizen at restaurants yet!" and now she's all excited about it, LOL...
Formerly TheNewMrsJ

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: my mom can now get the Denny's senior menu!
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

Dear Mrs J,

(sarcasm) ha ha (/sarcasm)

Yep, I just hit the magic 55 and my friend took me to a place with a 55 and up Seniors Menu. It's really weird to think of myself as a Senior Citizen, but I guess I'm there.

(I don't worry too much about it, really.)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

As a Senior, the senior menu at Denny's does not sound like a treat to me! The only (and I do mean ONLY) advantage that I can think of in reaching this age is the discounts at the movie theaters, museums, etc. I wouldn't eat at our local Denny's if they paid me!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Mrs. J, That's so funny. My dad it's 55 also. I got senior citizen discount tickets for hershey park. He was laughing so much aout it. I'll take him to denny's, lol.

Can't wait to be Mrs. Snyder

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Myra, this is for you:

Eeeewwww,this tasty treat is called a "slamwich" LOL. Excuse me while I go yak.

I agree with you about the only good thing maybe being museums, theatre tickets, movies,etc. My mom has been using her senior discount for awhile now at movies etc. God that sandwich looks nasty.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Bally Posts : 355 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 7:47 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

omg you guys eat weird breakfasts. This is a real breakfast and also lunch and dinner.

http://www.belfastcitysightseeing.com/citytour/fry.jpg

And here when you are a senior citizen, you get free travel on all transport in the UK!! Wooo can't wait!!

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Bally

Kelley I've had that sandwich. It has this nasty sauce on it, I think it was a combo of honey and mayo. It was pretty gross.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I can feel my ass expanding just from looking at the picture!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: myra

LMAO at Ruby and Myra. Looks appetizing eh? NOT!!! lol.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

LOL...

I agree - the "Grand" Slamwich looks and smells disgusting - sure that's how it ends up in your stomach, but I just can't eat that - looks too gross... DH on the other hand has gotten it a few times and likes it, cept he agrees the sauce is kinda weird and always requests they leave it off, lol...

For the museums... I still have my college ID and there's no expiration date on it, so I can still get away using that to get the student discounts when we go to visit the places in Chicago, hehe... they just recently changed the look of the ID card though, but from what I recall, they said it'll take a few years to phase out all the current ones that had been previously issued to students who were going there before the switch.

Friends since December 1997, together since December 2006
September 13, 2008 I legally became his and he became mine.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

MovieBits - your source for reviews, news and more!
www.moviebits.blogspot.com

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, no matter where I am or where you are, you can always make me throw up a little bit in my mouth. Thanks!

And, I do not now or ever want my senior discount when the time comes, for Dennys. I will take it for theater, museums, travel. But dennys? nah. Now Waffle House loaded hashbrowns? IF they ahve a senior discount, I will use it there. And I'm sure it's JUST as bad for me as the dennys thing would be.

But, back in the day, when my little brother first started out restaurant managing, he had dennys, and Ill never eat there again. On HIS advice, in addition to, well, the food. :)

I don't need my ass to expand either. It's expanded enough already and I"m just pushing grandma. But at least I still got carded this weekend at dinner. yay! And last weekend.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

KrisGillard Posts : 1 Registered: 5/23/13
Posted: May 23, 2013 6:54 AM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

I can't help, but to laugh while reading your post. Indeed, taking a discount is a big savings to once pocket while enjoying a little perk. I love eating at Denny's, but to clear out I am not yet senior citizen and so I don't get a little discount whenever I visit them. Lol. Anyway, Denny's is of the fastest growing restaurant chains here in the United States and their unique taste of menus are so great.

Edited by: christianGillard on May 23, 2013 6:55 AM

zenaidaM Posts : 1 Registered: 8/10/13
Posted: Aug 10, 2013 4:29 AM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

Denny's restaurant is one of the romantic restaurants in Las Vegas. The restaurant chain opened a new diner in Las Vegas with a wedding chapel in its center. There you can combine an inexpensive wedding with a cheap -- well, affordable -- breakfast.

Darcy1 Posts : 7 Registered: 8/20/13
Posted: Aug 21, 2013 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

It is really funny. Hope you had a good time with your mom!

SorciaU Posts : 1 Registered: 9/13/13
Posted: Sep 13, 2013 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: TheRealMrsJ

The down-turned economy has made tight-wads out of many free-spenders. That is true even in Sin City, because what you save in Vegas... stays in your pocketbook. At the Denny’s Wedding Chapel, opening next year, you can tie the knot and have your wedding cake with syrup on it, too. What a bargain. An installment loan may be all you need for breakfast and a wedding.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine