TIPS FOR THE NEWBIES - Very long

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 67

communitynameis... Posts : 15 Registered: 5/13/10
Re: TIPS FOR THE NEWBIES - Very long
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Again, Pharmtox, please don't be aggressive and assume that because I had some politely worded, but dissenting response to you that I don't respect what you said. All I said was that things were worded rather condescendingly and not in a positive tone. That dosn't mean I don't understand or that I "don't like it." And yes, it IS my perogative to find people sharing their stories of hapless brides amusing at times, but also rude when people seem to find it most amusing of all to be a club of "experienced" posters that looks down on innocent, if sometimes inexperienced, newcomers.

I came to this board because a google search about my father's mistress coming to the wedding popped up when I searched it, and rather then start a new conversation, I bumped up the one on the board by responding. This was such an important issue to me that I truly needed to find out what strangers/random people I don't know thought about it. I found many people I disagreed with, and I wasn't offended. But due to the cliquish nature of some of the topics/conversations, I have found it not necessarily worthwhile to continue to keep up with the boards.

Again, you are free to respond and say that it's my perogative to not like it. It was your perogative to share your opinion, and if this isn't a free forum where I may express mine, then by all means say so. I will probably not be visiting very much anyways, as the real world is very demanding the month before a wedding. Thank you everyone for all the sometimes kind and sometimes not responses-forums should be for free speech! =) I truly just wanted to share a note from an outsider/newbie that sometimes the atmosphere is less than welcoming. All I hope is that a few experienced readers take note, and then maybe make a little more of an effort to be kind. Good luck to all the brides.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: communitynameis...

Good luck with your wedding.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: communitynameis...

I would like to take this time to thank you for pointing out the error of my ways. Forgive me for all the wrongs I have done. I offer my most humble apology for doing anything that could have been even remotely construed as rude or offensive. I promise I will never to do it again.

Excuse me while I go write 1000 times I will never again offend a newbie for I have been properly chastised.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 6:50 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Is there any way that our beloved Moderator can "pin" this topic to the top of the thread list, or place it somewhere where it won't get buried by new posts?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Hi Van,

Funny that you mention it, I've been planning to create an article covering combining the topics here as well as common abbreviations (FH, BM, etc), and other FAQs and put a link to that in a permanent post on each forum. A sort of "Read Me First" type document.

It looks like I can't make a user-created post a permanent post: I'd have to create one myself. My plan is to work on that article sometime next week or so. If anyone has other words of wisdom they'd like to share with new users feel free to post in here and I'll add it in. :)

-Allison

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Allison -

Here are two other threadswith good info-

Brides.com User Guide

Bill of Rights for the Boards

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Great, Allison! Thanks a lot! *:)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Duly noted!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine