Wedding Planning

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 7

MrsJohnson2009A... Posts : 6 Registered: 3/25/09
Wedding Planning
Posted: May 21, 2009 10:46 PM

We got engaged May 2, 2009 and picked a wedding date, August 29, 2009, and I have my dress!!! Im so excited!!! We are getting married at a local park in a gazebo!!! I can't wait!!! Now comes all the other plans that we have to make but I know it will be beautiful!!!!

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Re: Wedding Planning
Posted: May 22, 2009 4:14 AM Go to message in response to: MrsJohnson2009A...

Congratulations on your recent engagement! I'm getting married in a park too :) You're wedding date is actually our dating anniversary :) Does that date hold any special significance to you or was it randomly picked?

MrsJohnson2009A... Posts : 6 Registered: 3/25/09
Posted: May 26, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: adrigirl01

No, it was just the soonest date we could get married. We wanted to get married as soon as possible because my fiance, my kids, and I are moving to Hawaii sometime between october and december bc my fiance is in the navy and we are getting transferred there. I think it is the perfect amount of time to plan our wedding and get what we want without the hassel. Hope all goes well with your park wedding : )

Verrymerry Posts : 2 Registered: 6/10/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJohnson2009A...

Wow congrats. good luck on your trip to hawaii. Was just woundering if you had found a photogropher? The couple that did our wedding was realy good. Company is called Enchanted Productions, and they do video as well. You can check out their website if your interested at enchantedproductions.net. They have a couble samples on there as well. hope this info is of some use to you.

Ruth

Soul2Soul Posts : 2 Registered: 6/11/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJohnson2009A...

Congratulations! You guys answered my biggest dilemma. My fiance' and I are planning are wedding, but we also just bought a house, therefore our budget is kind up in the air. I have limited my expenses, because of this. Every reception hall or venue I contact wants about $15,000! That is a new car are they crazy or what? I never thought to just have it in a park. Especially inthe fall when the leaves coat the ground it is really beautiful then. I have the perfect spot too! Thanks so much for the great idea!

benmart21 Posts : 3 Registered: 12/7/12
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: Soul2Soul

I live in New England and the fall is definitely an underrated time to get married. I just love the colors of the fall and the mild weather. We've narrowed down two possible locations for a fall wedding either Acadia national park in Maine or Moore State park. Both parks are breathtaking in the fall. We're trying to work on a fall/woodsy type of wedding theme. We're currently working with http://www.hospitalityframes.com for some of our decor but if anyone as any more theme ideas I'd love to know

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: Soul2Soul

I live in New England and the fall is definitely an underrated time to get married. I just love the colors of the fall and the mild weather. We've narrowed down two possible locations for a fall wedding either Acadia national park in Maine or Moore State park. Both parks are breathtaking in the fall. We're trying to work on a fall/woodsy type of wedding theme. We're currently working with http://www.hospitalityframes.com for some of our decor but if anyone as any more theme ideas I'd love to know

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: Soul2Soul

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine