Is this going to be a proposal?

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

Lilymonroe Posts : 1 Registered: 4/28/09
Is this going to be a proposal?
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 6:32 AM

Hey girls, new here - just wanted your opinion on this.

So here is the situation: Been together a few years, very happy. About a month ago he informed me that I have to keep Saturday Aug 15th free, because he is planning something very special which will last through the evening and into the next morning.

Apparently what he is planning is quite elaborate, and takes abit of organisation, and has quite a few different things going on, and is "fun" and "romantic" and "something a bit different"

I found a list sitting in his drawer, which turned out to be 100 things he loves about me (I know I shouldnt have read it, but it was sooo adorable) the things he wrote were so sweet and heartfelt (I never knew he felt that deeply about me!) and number 100 was: "You're the love of my life"

Anyway, it is my birthday soon so the 100 things could just be presented to me then in my bday card or something....or is it part of the Aug 15th thing? I also know that he is getting me jewellery for my bday

Other factors to consider are: We have been talking about our future alot lately and he seems very keen to spend it with me, but sometimes he clams up and gets quite secretive about the future. He has expressed to me that he thinks proposals should be a complete surprise and shouldn't really be discussed beforehand. I'm also only (soon turning) 21 and he's 23, and we haven't been together that long....but we are so happy, and I'm pretty sure after reading the 100 things that he knows as much as I do that we're meant for eachother.

Sorry to ramble, just wondering what your verdict is! Hit me with your honest opinion: Is Aug 15th going to be a proposal, or just a nice night out?

Edited by: Lilymonroe on Apr 28, 2009 6:33 AM

Edited by: Lilymonroe on Apr 28, 2009 6:36 AM

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Is this going to be a proposal?
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: Lilymonroe

I think you should enjoy your Augst 15 and not even think about a proposal because then if it doesn't happen you will be disappointed and ruin the night together.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I agree with PP. You have plenty of time for proposals just relax and enjoy the special day he has planned for you. If you spend the time poised for a proposal you'll miss all the other good stuff.

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Lilymonroe

I say just go with August 15th being a really special night out. Something the two of you have talked about doing. Like dinner and a show or a concert or something. If you go with the idea of it being just a really special night he planned for you, you will enjoy it and appreciate it more. If you go with the idea that this is it tonight he is going to propose and he doesn't you will be so hurt and disappointed. It will ruin what would otherwise have been a lovely evening.

It by some chance it does turn out to be the proposal you will be pleasantly surprised, if not you had a really good time with your guy win/win.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Lilymonroe

I think you should just enjoy the evening and not assume a proposal is coming that day. You will be disappointed if it does not happen. Trust me, I know! Good luck and just enjoy being a couple.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine