How did you pick your date?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

PartoftheLyonsDen Posts : 5 Registered: 7/4/09
Re: How did you pick your date?
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: younglove922

Since he asked me to be his forever under the showers--not of fireworks, it rained that year, but it was a lightning show on that night. July 4th just seemed like the ideal day so we would always have fireworks on our anniversary

Sammiej23 Posts : 9 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 2:04 AM Go to message in response to: younglove922

my bday is on october 29 our anniversary is oct 23 and my favorite holiday is halloween so oct seemed to be the best fit for our wedding. he proposed sept 08 and oct of 09 seemed to close considering we are paying for the entire wedding on our own so i decided to take a look at oct 2010 calendar and it just so happened that 10/23 landed on a saturday which was goin to be our 8 year anniversary so the date could not be anymore perfect.

love4andy Posts : 10 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: Sammiej23

We picked May 8, 2010 because FH starts summer break from his PhD classes the prior week. I didn't want to wait long afterwards because it gets too hot in Florida.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: love4andy

Choosing our date was a process of illumination. We wanted spring. We are Jewish so it pretty much had to be on a Sunday. Then there are like a million holidays in April, May and July that a Rabbi wont marry you (Passover, the Counting of Omer ect). My good freind is getting married on Memorial Day weekend so that was out. June would have made everything a lot more expensive. May 2, 2010 is LagBaOmer which is considered a lucky day to get married in Judaism. So we went with 5/2/10 which I think has a nice ring to it.
wedding tickers

GollumsGirl Posts : 57 Registered: 7/7/09
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

My grandparents got married on July 10, as did my parents. I have always thought it would be cool to have the same anniversary to honor them. I just found out that july 10, 2010 is a saturday and though I am not yet engaged, my bf and I agree that it would be a great day to get married since we were planning for next summer anyway and it's only 3 days after our dating anniversary.
In that case, 365 days to go!!

Starfish, I hope you don't mind, I liked your ticker so I copied it.

wedding tickers

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: GollumsGirl

How we picked our date was...I had to pick it. I told FHI wanted to get married in October and he had no objection. I wanted to have it later in the month because there would be a better chance of the leaves looking all fall like but my dad has a work obligation in late October. My dad would probably not be showing up to my wedding or not having fun if he did go (because he'd have to get up really early the following morning). So, to make it easier and no chance that our wedding wouldn't interfere with his work event I made it for the second Friday of the month.

wedding count down

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

My birthstone is aquamarine, but I felt that it was too pale to be an engagement ring stone. I wanted a blue stone, so I told FH I wanted a sapphire engagement ring. Sapphire is the September stone, so we decided on September.

September in Alabama is ... weird.

The first and second weeks it is still confused and thinks it is August, so it is bloody hot.

The third week it can go either way.

The last week of September, Fall weather comes in, making it perfectly temporate. After that, it starts to get cold and by Halloween, it's really uncomfortable at night.

So... last week of September, hoping for decent weather in Alabama.

Misty

lrwahl Posts : 22 Registered: 7/28/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Our anniversary is March 12th but we didn't want a spring wedding especially since there would still be snow on the ground up here in Alaska. We wanted to keep the same date and saw that the 12th fell on a Saturday in June. So our wedding date is June 12, 2010.

BBpunkgirl Posts : 3 Registered: 2/19/10
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: younglove922

I've always dreamed of having my wedding in a formal garden in full bloom, so I called the garden and asked what times the garden is the most beautiful - they said mid-July through September. So then I went online and googled the area's weather history, considering the temperature and chance of rain. September had the blooms I wanted, nice 70's temperatures and a very low chance of rain. Additional plus -- it totally happens to be my honey's birthday month : )

B.B.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: lrwahl

We picked 10/10/10 because it's a neat date! Plus, Eric has had a couple concussions and stuff with his racing, and his memory is crap. So he needed something easy to remember.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

WannaGetSomeOnM... Posts : 4 Registered: 2/22/10
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Well, I always imagined a late April wedding cause its my favorite time of the year. We ended up hookin up about that time and our dating anniversary is the 23rd. I took a facebook quiz when will you get married? and it came up April 25. So we settled with the 24th cause it was a Sat.

MrsUnderwood2be Posts : 3 Registered: 10/21/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: WannaGetSomeOnM...

We actually choose our date based on our Venue. Its decorated in rich golds and reds so we decided on a Winter wedding. We intially decided on the 31 of December but they have a party that they have every year. So we decided on December 30,2011.

image noborderhttp://www.ezticker.com/ticker/375/494/20111230/Our+Winter+Wedding%21/ticker.png[/image]
[/link]

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: younglove922

I picked my date of May 26th,2012 because it felt right. I always dreamed of either an October or a May wedding.

SaraAnn Posts : 1 Registered: 10/8/10
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: younglove922

We have been engaged since 2004 but have never set a date. We have decided that Sept 17,2011-which is our 10 year dating anniversary-is more than appropriate! So we are getting married on our 10 yr anniversary! I am trying to come up with some ideas to incorporate this into the whole deal....

BridalBunny Posts : 3 Registered: 10/11/10
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: younglove922

I had originally wanted April 28th, 2012, but my fiance works in NASCAR, and all of his friends (oh, and the groom) will be in Alabama for a race that weekend, so we had to pick a weekend when racing is in Charlotte, or wait until the off-season.

My birthday is 4 days after Christmas, I really wanted a date that I could celebrate other than in the winter. We ended up picking May 19th, 2012. That weekend there are 2 races in Charlotte, with him planning on working in the race the night before our wedding. When he's at the track, he's happy and relaxed, so I'm fine with him working the night before our wedding. We are just going to have a "brunch" style rehearsal the day before, and then I'm going to get last minute things done with the people I love that night :)

Twitter.com/Amy_Madison Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine