He took me to Kay's

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

Stephanie679 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/31/09
He took me to Kay's
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 3:27 PM

Hey everyone - I am new to the forums. I am excited to be here and thrilled to read everyones posts. Well on Saturday my boyfriend suprised me and took me to Kay's to look at rings and to see what I liked...Whoa! We did find a ring that I liked and he liked it too...

So typically when a guy takes you looking at rings to see what you like - what is typical turn around time....My impression is that if he took me then a proposal isnt to far off...

Any thoughts?

Stephanie

ashes2 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: He took me to Kay's
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Hey Stephanie and congrats on you all moving in the right direction. I'm somewhat in the same circumstances as you except for the bf said he's definitely purchasing this week. We started looking at rings probably shortly after christmas but we have spoken about moving to the next step for at least a year. Everyone's timeline is different. My bf surprised me Sat. when we looked. He was ready to buy and although it's what I want, I had no idea he would really go in and get it.

With that being said, I'd say give him a couple of months (based on my experience) but you never know, he may buy it sooner, depends on how serious he is, where you all are in your relationship, finances and if he's really ready to make that commitment. Good luck and enjoy looking at all the beautiful rings. And while you may not tell him exactly what you want, DEFINITELY tell him what you dislike and wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Congrats Stephanie!! May you love much live well and laugh often! and always put God first.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Typically, it isn't far off. We ordered my ring in May, but he didn't propose until August. Granted, there was a reason for the delay, and it had little to do with the ring's arrival. He wanted to propose on stage at final curtain of the show we were in. AND THEN the show performances kept getting pushed back. We were supposed to open in May and close in mid-June. We didn't open until the end of July. You want to talk about a frustrated guy. And he was lying to me about the ring being in. (I was willing to wait for it, I just wanted to see the result of the design <G>). He kept telling me that they were having issues getting it made (they weren't). He had it in time for our original closing date. (production from hell.)

So anyway, he may have something planned that may take time to set up, it's coming, but the 'turn around time' (love that) is a bit different with every guy.

Misty

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

How fun! No idea how long it will be before he proposes though, I don't have my crystal ball tonight. Be sure to come back and tell us the engagement story, whenever it happens!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:04 AM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Well my guess is that it wouldn't be any more than 6 months. My FH waited a month after he got my ring to propose, but that was my Christmas present. I couldnt imagine him getting a ring and waiting more than 6 months....unless he wants to wait until he pays the whole thing off. I wouldn't worry, I am sure your proposal is right around the corner :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

PrincessDee Posts : 58 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Congrats. That's very exciting. I agree with the other ladies. It does usually mean he'll propose pretty soon, but there's no way of telling how long your guy in particular will take.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Well - things are getting juicier - I got a card in the mail yesterday from him. That is a rarity. Really mushy and sweet, and he wrote inside of it: I have been thinking about you all afternoon and evening since getting back home from spending the weekend with you. You have so many wonderful character traits and I love you for that...Love Always....

Then on the phone last night we were talking and out of the blue he said if I asked you to marry me would you say no?!?! LOL

Stephanie

ashes2 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Exciting, exciting.!! Maybe your day is coming up pretty soon. Do you all have an anniversary approaching or is he just being exceedingly sweet? Either way I know you're super excited. Good luck and hopefully over the weekend you'll have good news to report.

kharntb Posts : 13 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

I would say (and this is from a male perspective) not too far off. Assuming he found one both of you liked etc. I would say not much longer. It also depends on the store if you have to order have it sized out of the store and other random factors like that. If you have a special date around 3-8 weeks from now I would guess some time around there but it also like I said depends on the store. I am going to say a month or two. Only reason I say this is because a friend of mine it took about 4 weeks to get his ring (had to be ordered) and some stores it takes a few weeks to order (if your stone and setting are seperate) and then another to size. Thats my .02
pancakes

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: kharntb

Thank you all for your responses. I can tell you that I have been going nutz since he took me to look at rings. I had to sit myself down and calm me down. I am so excited - there is no doubt that we want to be together, its not a matter of if anymore its a matter of when. I hope you all are right...that it will be soon!!!

I will keep you posted!

NikZilla Posts : 59 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Stephanie679

Congrats goods sign. Me and my guy went through same proceddings but only online. He still proposed when he wanted. Which was several months to long 4 me. Be patient. It'll happen. Good Luck
Smilewww.ewedding.com/sites/nackieSmile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine