Had To Give Ring Back!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Re: Had To Give Ring Back!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Your FH has found himself one hell of a wife. That was a hard decision and I know you did the right thing. You put your FH and your relationship before your own personal feelings. I know words can't make it up but I am sure that you are his hero right now.

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

I hate to hear that happened to you, but I agree with the previous post...your FH has found an awesome woman who is already showing the "for richer, for poorer" committment!! I would give my ring back in a second if I had to make that decision because the ring is just a "thing".....the love and committment that you feel is what is important! I wish you both the very best future!!!

wedding tickers

knottiegirl Posts : 3 Registered: 4/4/09
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

i'm so sorry to hear that! i know you must be heartbroken, but what goes around comes around and you did the right thing by sacrificing. i'm sure that just shows your fh how much he means to you and that you want to marry him, ring or no ring.

Korina Posts : 11 Registered: 12/16/08
Posted: May 9, 2009 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Your fiance should have been responsible enough to propose to you at a good time, so you should get a ring because it was his fault that he didn't have enough money to pay for the supid truck.

BtownBride2010 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/22/09
Posted: May 17, 2009 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: Korina

i had the ring for awhile then a payment came up that i didn't want a late fee so i decided to take my ring back for the cash to pay bills.
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

~ BtownBride2010 ~

moab Posts : 19 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 17, 2009 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

I think it's a great statement about you and your relationship.
Money comes and goes, so does stuff. But your commitment to each other and your long-term well-being is so much more imporant.

The fact that you showed that much maturity.. so early on in your married life... suggests that your marriage is going to be super solid. your fiance must LOVE the fact that he's got a smart, loving partner.

TiffanyL Posts : 10 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: May 25, 2009 4:18 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

I also live in Boise and the economy here sucks right now! That was very nice of you to give back your ring for you FH. Where are you guys getting married at?

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: May 31, 2009 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: TiffanyL

I definitely 100% agree with the others, that this was a very wise, mature thing to do and your fiance has got himself a smart woman.

Perhaps it is hormones, but this definitely does make me choke up a little. I don't blame you a bit for crying. I would have, too.

This may or may not be something you want to do, but my fiance is actually buying a fake diamond, and that's what I wanted him to do because of the ethics (or lack thereof) in the diamond trade. It's still set in 14k, but it's significantly cheaper and the stones still look gorgeous. We're getting ours from QVC's Diamonique brand, which is basically a manufactured, slightly less hard diamond (diamonds are a 10 I believe, whereas Diamoniuqe's are an 8.5 (still relatively hard)). My ring is absolutely stunning, and cost only a few hundred dollars. You could always get a fake set in gold, and then go get a genuine stone set in it later when you have money again. Unless I tell everyone, no one is going to know that mine isn't real:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/chelsrae85/Wedding%20Inspiration/j9602005.jpg

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4909 is just $419.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine