Out of town guest bags

Online Users: 1,339 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

FurtureMrsWaggs Posts : 5 Registered: 3/5/09
Out of town guest bags
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 8:38 AM

I am planning on doing out of town guest bags and will include a welcome letter with a little bit of information on where everything is or things close by the hotel. My problem is that I'm not suer how to start this letter or how to write it. Has anyone done a letter that they are willing to share with me so I can get an idea of what/how to write it. Thanks for your help.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Out of town guest bags
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: FurtureMrsWaggs

Hi there. I did this same thing and really, all you need to do is put whatever information is necessary and specific to your wedding in the note. I also printed out the directions to and from the hotel to the venue and back - on the back of the note so it was all on one page; and then I scrolled them up really cute and tied with ribbon and stuck one in each guest welcome bag. Ours said something like this:

Dear Friends and Family,

Welcome to New York and to Don and Kelleys wedding weekend! We are beyond happy that you are here with us to celebrate this amazing day. In this bag are just a few treats for you to make your stay more comfy. In addition, here is some general information to you that might be helpful.

• A shuttle will leave the lobby of the hotel at 5pm and take guests to the wedding location. If you wish to take the shuttle, please be in the lobby a bit before 5pm at the front desk. Shuttles will leave the reception site at the end of reception - or approximately 11pm. If you want to carpool with other guests attending the wedding, all of our guests are staying on floors 4 and 5. Please ask the front desk for specific room numbers if you should need them.

--We will be hosting a Morning After Brunch for all of our guests on Saturday Oct 28th. The brunch will take place in the Blah Blah Room of the Marriott Hotel from 7am -11am. Please come down and have a nice full breakfast so we can all see each other off!

• Things to Do While Youre in Town :

(this is where I listed a few general things in the immediate area, as well as info on how to take train etc into nyc , so just put whatever type of info you want maybe in a list form ,thats what I found easiest.)

Thank you again for making the trip out to be here. Your presence on our wedding day is what makes it so extra special for us. See you soon!

Love Don and Kelley

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: FurtureMrsWaggs

Hi! I didn't do this for my wedding, but I just got back from a friends destination wedding. They had the cutest welcome bags and a small booklet that included all sorts of information.

They made it like a guide book titled "Bride and Groom's Guide to the Bahamas". They worded their welcome note very similar to how Kelley had hers written out. I don't have it in front of me, but basically it said "Welcome to the Bahamas! We're so glad you were able to join us for the week. We are looking forward to spending some qualtity time with you all. Here are some things you will need to know regarding your stay here." Then they had a listing of activities provided by the hotel, and surrounding towns as well as any get togethers and activities that they had coordinated for the group. They included a map (even though really it wasn't necessary for where we were - no one really left the resort ever), and gathered some information on prices for cabs and activities and such.

Your welcome note doesn't have to be a super heartfelt letter, just something to introduce the information you are going to provide. "Welcome to Iowa! The land of the endless farmlands. We are delighted to have you and hope you have a wonderful time. Please enjoy the goodies we have packed for you. We have included some information you might want to know regarding our special day. Also included are maps and activities for the surrounding towns in case you would like to play tourist..." etc etc. (sorry about the farmland comment, my sister goes to school in Iowa and it's all I see when I go to visit LOL)

Oh and one other thing, it might not be a big deal for you, but it was in our friends booklet and I thought it was brilliant. They included a contact list for all the guests with their room numbers including a main contact (eg wedding coordinator/hotel manager) if anyone wanted to book any activities so that the bride and groom wouldn't be fielding all these questions.

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

FurtureMrsWaggs Posts : 5 Registered: 3/5/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

Thank you guys. I know it sounds really stupid to have to ask how to create a welcome letter but I have never been very good about be able to start letters so I wanted something to go by. I appreciate the ideas.

Oh and its okay about the farmland comment - I am used to it. We do have a lot it here.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: FurtureMrsWaggs

Not stupid at all! Sometimes I get stuck starting off letters too. I realize later that I just overthink it. I want it to say the right thing and then brain fart I lose everything else I knew I wanted to say.

I know all about the endless farmlands too, I went to Purdue for school and on the way there its nothing but. I've heard all the jokes. Gotta love the midwest right?

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine