Engaged! Ring to follow soon. =-)

Online Users: 1,323 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 10

PrincessDee Posts : 58 Registered: 1/6/09
Engaged! Ring to follow soon. =-)
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 6:19 PM

He proposed. He really surprised me. We're going to order the ring soon, and then we just need to wait for it to come in. I've told my Mom, but we're waiting to make the big announcement until we've had a chance to tell some key people (he wants to tell his parents in person when he visits). I am very excited. I think we're going to be really happy. I guess I'm still waiting on the ring, but who cares. Lol. I'm engaged!

VermontFutureMrs Posts : 34 Registered: 1/6/09
Re: Engaged! Ring to follow soon. =-)
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

congrats! how did he propose if you don't mind me asking?

wedding website

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: VermontFutureMrs

We had been talking about getting engaged earlier. We were out together and we stopped in Starbucks. After I got my drink he just sat me down in his lap and asked me. Lol. It was sweet and totally caught me off guard. After that we were kissing while I was still on his lap, until one of us (I think it was him) was like, "uh, I'm not sure we should be doing this (ie kissing like that) in Starbucks."

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 7:47 AM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

Aww congrats! The proposal sounds sweet :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

That is great to hear! My BF told me last night that he is not going to ask until he has the ring because he wants the proposal to be perfect...I am sooo excited. He told me to go ring shopping!!!! Maybe I will be back soon with my own announcement lol

Congrats and I wish you the very best of luck

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 10:57 PM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

Thanks, guys. I'm really nervous tonight because tomorrow we're going to see his parents and he's going to tell them then. I hope they are as supportive as my parents were. After they know, we are going to make the general announcement, which I am very excited about. And early next week we're going in the the jewelry store and he's going to order the ring. I can't wait!

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

Good luck tomorrow with his parents...I am sure they will be supportive. Have fun picking out the ring!!

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Thanks. I hope so. Oh, and he told me tonight that we're ordering the ring on Tuesday! Yay. I think I already know which one I want, but we're going to look around to be sure anyway. It'll be lots of fun.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

Well, i gave my BF the list of rings that I liked so I guess now I am back to waiting lol I picked out a princess cut, marquise, round and then one that had seven small diamonds in a circle (does that make sense?).......That one was actually my absolute favorite but it was at a pawn shop so I dont know if he will agree to that one or not......we will see...good luck today......remember that you are with the one that you love!!

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: PrincessDee

Congratulations, PrincessDee! The proposal sounds very sweet. How did telling his parents go?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 2:03 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

It mostly went well. His mom was a little bit worried because we've only been together about half a year. (We knew each other for a while before that as friends). But she was good about it, just suggested that we take things slow, which we will be from here, pretty much. We're waiting over a year from now to actually get married. His dad was really nice and just congratulated us. His grandmother was there, too, though...and she wasn't so nice. I don't want to get into the details on a public forum, but suffice it to say she wasn't terribly supportive or even tactful. But from what I've heard, that's kind of how she is. But overall, it was good, and no one else seems to be effected much by her opinions, so I'm not too worried about it. I was kind of appalled though.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine