Dress....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

cgmertz Posts : 2 Registered: 3/5/09
Dress....
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:31 PM

I was wondering what ya'll think of my dress. Any ideas for my hair or jewelry would be greatly appreciated. I am not a girly-girl so i am kinda clueless. If you have ever seen a bride in that dress I would love to see pics. Thank so much ladies!!

davidgroom Posts : 19 Registered: 1/30/09
Re: Dress....
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

As for the hair I'm not sure, but for the jewelry maybe you should consider a simple but nice pearl's necklace or maybe even a silver one

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: davidgroom

beautiful! I don't know I always love hair up so you can see the back and all it's detail.
wedding web site

Pinkcashmere75 Posts : 14 Registered: 12/8/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

Beautiful :-) I would personally go for your hair up so you can see every part of your dress, but also, I know I want my hair up so that I don't have to fuss with it so much (not to worry if it will straighten where I don't want it to, or stick to my neck, or stick to my lipgloss, etc.). PLUS, it's not every day that you can wear a beautiful up-do!

As for jewelry, you could go pretty simple and elegant I think - I like the twisty pearls the model has on. I think hair is harder until you know how you are styling it and where you want to put the veil.

It will be glam no matter what!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

I think the dress looks beautiful with your figure. But you need to ask yourself how you feel in it. Do you feel good in it? Do you feel like it's "you" even though it's not your usual style?

As for hair, here are some images I pulled off of Google that might work for you. If you're going to be outside much you might want to think about pulling your hair off your face in case of wind, but if you don't expect wind to be a problem (or if you'll be mostly inside), then having it down would definitely work:

Long Wedding Hair Styles

Long Wedding Hair Styles

Here's what Jenna Bush did with hers:
Jenna Bush wears a sophisticated braided hairstyle on her wedding day.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

The dress is lovely on you. But one thing to be aware of is your tan lines--they really detract from the look of the dress. So, if you're going to tan, try to tan strapless (or have the tan lines erased with spray).
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: myra

That dress looks gorgeous on you! I agree with a few of the others, simple single strand of pearls as a necklace would look elegant and not take away from the dress and possibly a nice hair piece to the side with maybe some crystals with some matching pearls. And for the tan lines, i agree with the previous post, you could always use sunless tan lotion, i use neutrogena sun fresh sunless lotion, it doesn't make your skin turn orange, it actually blends a lot better than most sunless tan lotions and if you don't have the time to hit the tanning salon it's a miracle working if used a few days before the wedding or the week before the wedding. (just make sure to wash hands after each use of course )

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

BeckiSou22 Posts : 65 Registered: 3/27/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

I loooove this dress on you :-)

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: cgmertz

Oh is a beautiful dress! I would do my hair up with a white flower for this dress! Congratulation!

wedding web site

cannotwaittillJ... Posts : 18 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

Wow, you're waist is TINY. You look so long and lean. The dress is stunning and has a "Wow" factor. I really like your hair in your profile picture. Half up half down. It looks like you have beautiful, curly hair.

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: cannotwaittillJ...

This dress looks amazing! I love it. I agree with the previous posters about just something really simple for the jewelry.

KimberlyDonn Posts : 26 Registered: 9/8/08
Posted: May 30, 2009 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: davidgroom

You look absolutely stunning in that dress. perhaps pearls in the same color as you wedding color scheme? You have wonderful choices for your hair, 1/2 up seems to be really popular this year.

Kim

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: May 30, 2009 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: KimberlyDonn

I love the half up hair idea, and I agree a simple pearl necklace and pearl earrings. maybe tone it down with the pearls and go for a dainty silver bracelet?

Also, I agree with the poster who commented on your figure--you are BEAUTIFUL, and I mean that!

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

That dress is beautiful and it looks great on you! I agree with HappyGirl's hair suggestions, I was thinking the same exact thing in terms of the style that she posted. I think a style especially like the second picture would look great on you and because it is a strapless dress with such a low back it won't take away from any of the dresses detail. As for jewelry I would say maybe a simple chain with a pearl pendant maybe something like these...

http://www.ice.com/media/common/products/images/P/P/Y/8/PPY_014538_b_l-14K_White_Gold_Cultured_Freshwater_Rice_Pearl_Pendant_wChain.jpg

http://thelin.com/images/dvd/ps_pendant102.jpg

http://www.youpearl.com/images/fpp/pearl-pendant-f1395-wp_m.jpg

Akoya pearl, 18k white gold & diamond pendant
larger image

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine