ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 83

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

FH and I are waiting until 2012! Mostly for financial reasons. He has two sons in college (he's older, and this is will be his second marriage) and we've got tuition payments for another year a piece for them. Then we want a year to recover and save. As far as saving goes right now we live in a studio apartment, go "out" to eat on our balcony, and keep patching our older cars back together. My parents have always made vague mentions of a "wedding fund" but I figure that at my age (31) I'm old enough to pay for my own party.

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I'm a 2012 bride :) My fiancee and I have been engaged for about 2 and a half years and I'm so ready to start planning! Our wedding is March 3rd which is our 5th anniversary, like a couple of the other girls here. I'm just starting to think about budget and I'm going to be touring some venues in the next few weeks to get some ideas.

What colors are y'all considering? I'm very excited to hear about all of the plans and ideas!

Congrats and good luck to all of the 2012 brides!!!

Patrick and Meagan <3 March 3, 2012

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

I'm thinking dark pink (like David's Bridal Watermelon) and aqua for our colors.

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

We had hit a bit of a rough patch with the planning and so we are now starting over from scratch. We do have a definite date picked out now though, June 29, 2012. I'm excited to start planning again! LOL

bethannexavier0... Posts : 1 Registered: 6/28/10
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

We finally also had a BIG discussion and we came up with may 2012 we picked may because we were both born that month! I am also doing Davids Bridal Watermelon Pink, Black, and maybe a hint a camo (my fh is into older military trucks) I already designed my cake looked aroung at different venues and getting quotes from different vendors. we have set a budget. We are paying for this ourselves (this is my second marriage, (the first one was a courthouse wedding w/o a reception) so we need to save up first.

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jul 12, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

If we do end up with a fall 2012 wedding (as currently planned) it will be darker colors or fall colors. We both like darker colors over lighter ones. I'm currently thinking dark blue for bridesmaid dresses with fall colors for flowers/decorations/etc. Orange is one of my favorite flower colors.

My other thought, if my bf proposed early enough to plan this, was a St Patrick's Day wedding. If this case I would have my BMs in dark green, and would work with more shades of green, probably ivory, not sure what else.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

My date is May 26th,2012. I'm excited and planning for it as well. I already have the church and the reception halll and my Maid of Honor and bridesmaids.

ArmyBrideAirFor... Posts : 1 Registered: 7/28/10
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

We're having our wedding on April 7, 2012. We're still deciding between three places for our wedding location and reception.

We are both stationed in Hawaii, and so we're getting married in Hawaii. I'm in the Army and he's in the Air Force. Though it's a little tough when you're currently deployed to Afghanistan. But I have found that the internet is my best friend and so is my fiance when it comes to planning the wedding.

I've gotten all my bridesmaids and a budget planned out for this wedding. We're just waiting until I get back in 2011 to really dig into the planning part.

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

We decieded to have our wedding shower July 30,2011 as it falls on the long weekend. I have an absolute great idea for engagament favors that everyone is going to love. Then the following year we get marriedddddddd!!! So now I kind have out things on hold for the wedding until we have our engaagement party. We are going to have it at my inlaws as they have a pool. A great get together with family and friends and of course wine! :) We arfe soo excited for our wedding - July 27, 2012!

FutureMrsM Posts : 8 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

We are waiting until 2012, but early 2012. Our wedding is in January of 2012

SunnySummer Posts : 2 Registered: 7/19/10
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Yes me too :) I thought I was the only one waiting so long to get married! We got engaged on 13 June 2010, and getting married on 14 January 2012 :) That's summer here in South Africa so we are having a summer garden wedding :) I can't wait, but there is so much out there! The gorgeous colours and styles and cakes and dresses. I am super excited to marry the man of my dreams YAY :) I think I'm going for a green colour scheme, what are you guys looking at???

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: SunnySummer

I'm thinking about using some green too. We are getting married in May 2012 so I thought that green would be perfect for a spring wedding and it's my FH's favorite color so I'll probably work it in somewhere.

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

It's wonderful to see so many 2012 brides to share ideas with!

Starqueg Posts : 17 Registered: 10/30/09
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I wasn't engaged yet when I joined this thread, but I am now. :) We're looking at the winter of 2012-13. My tentative date is 12/30/12, but of course that is up in the air at this point. I'm not planning yet, just looking for ideas. We do have a ring bearer already, assuming we use one, and he'll be adorable in a little suit just like his godfather's (my fiance). I know we'll be using the color purple, since it's my favorite color and the color of the stones in my engagement ring. Otherwise, pretty much everything is an unknown. I can't wait for time to pass and for the actual planning to begin.

PreMDBride Posts : 1 Registered: 8/19/10
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: SunnySummer

Wow! There are so many 2012 brides! I got engaged in July 2010. We wanted to get married next year, but as it turned out we are now planning for a wedding on January 14, 2012 as well! Congrats to all of you!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine