Free Wedding Package?

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

bridetobeMLE Posts : 6 Registered: 1/2/09
Free Wedding Package?
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 3:29 PM

Hi there,
My fiance and I were planning to have a large wedding in December of 2009, but have recently decided we would rather just escape and have a "weddingmoon." We'd like to stay at some sort of all-inclusive resort, possibly in the Caribbean. I have heard that many of these offer a free wedding package if you have your honeymoon there, or stay a certain number of nights. We plan to go just as a couple and then return home and host a black tie reception. Has anyone taken advantage of this type of offer, or even if you haven't, do you have suggestions of resorts that offer this type of thing?
Thank you all for your help :)

RedDiamond Posts : 2 Registered: 2/24/09
Re: Free Wedding Package?
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: bridetobeMLE

We looked at a few packages like that, but in the end decided that we didn't really trust that what they would give us would be what we really wanted. For us, it's our wedding day and we aren't really willing to take chances, so we just booked what we really wanted.
Planning Bio

July2008LMG Posts : 7 Registered: 1/29/08
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: RedDiamond

My husband and I got married at Sandals Whitehouse and used the free wedding package, which inspired me to start my destiatnion wedding/travel agency business. The only make you put down a $200 deposit, which I believe is fully refundable. We used our $200 to get flowers on the wedding arch, which was not really worth the price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: bridetobeMLE

My beset friend got married at Sandals Montego Bay and she loved it, I wasn't there but I got to watch the video of their wedding online as they mail out your video a day or so after the wedding to the people you specify. It looked beautiful, she said they had a great time and everyone there was extremely nice and helpful. We are considering having our honeymoon there.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine