what does this mean?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
what does this mean?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:35 AM

Me and my bf have just discussed E-rings. He asked me a day ago to send him some rings that I liked that were a price he could afford, below $100. I sent him some links to rings and I narrowed them down to two rings that I really liked today, as soon as I narrowed it down and he looked at the rings he said to me "Okay I know which ring I'm getting you but I'm not going to tell you".

I was just wondering if since he has already picked out the ring he plans on proposing with but he hasn't bought it yet, do you think the proposal will come soon? I plan to go up to visit him, he is currently 2 1/2 hours away from me finishing school, on March 19th-March 22nd for spring break. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: what does this mean?
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Aw, it's hard not to get impatient, isn't it?

I will tell you that my husband had my ring picked out in December or January, and proposed in April. BUT...he didn't have it all paid off right away, so he didn't physically get the ring until March. So he didn't end up waiting that long.

I'd say the "wait time" would probably depend on a) whether he can pay off the ring in full right away, and b) what exactly he has planned for a proposal. Since my husband didn't do anything super special (unique, but nothing that required a ton of planning) he proposed a lot sooner.

You know it's coming, so try to be patient - as hard as it is!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

If he told you that he knows which ring he will get you after you sent him pictures of rings that you like then I would say that OF COURSE he is going to ask you REAL SOON! I wouldn't imagine him waiting any longer since he already knows which ring he will get you.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

loveisjoy Posts : 85 Registered: 2/6/09
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Did you mean $1,000. I would love to know where you can purchase a engagement ring for $100.00...lol lol

You will get it, if he's asking you about a ring, it means he's ready to make the move, it's coming.

I designed my ring, and it is completed. He told me I am not getting my ring anytime soon, because I know too much about it. So I think he will wait a few months. My ring was ready the week of Valentine's Week. I'm trying to be patient...lol lol

MrsSmith62610 Posts : 17 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I am actually in the same boat as you. We pick out the rings and all I know is I am supposed to get my ring by the end of March, but the only time I will see him is when I visit him the week of spring break (march 14th-20th). He lives about 6 hours from me while we both finish our masters degree programs. I don't know if he is going to do it then or if he is going to come down and suprise me, but it is KILLING ME to wait!!!

I guess we will both see!!! Good luck to you

FutureMrsSmith10

PrincessDee Posts : 58 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

It sounds like it will be soon. Spring break could be the time, but it might be that he knows you'll be on the lookout for it then and he wants to surprise you, so he might make it another time. I'd guess within the next few months, but there's no way of telling for sure. Good luck! I hope it's soon. =-)

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Awww, that's sweet, well just pray that it happens soon, and be even more excitied planning!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine