PLEASE HELP....

Online Users: 1,367 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

BenniesGirl Posts : 1 Registered: 2/23/09
PLEASE HELP....
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 5:12 PM

Okay...

My boyfriend in in the navy and we are not engaged yet but,

We are planning on getting married very soon, so we can be togeather and haveing a cerimonie later ( A year or so...) and haveing like a court house wedding.

He might purpose then we get married shortly after... which is fine thats great but the problem is...

He does not want to spend the money on a ring untill we have a cerimonie, he want's to get a more modist ring like a wedding band for the engegment and then a nicer ring with a diamond for our cerimonie in a year or so... :"But if we get married I want our wedding bands to match...

Is he supposed to get both... "I wanted to pick the bands togeather"...

The military life is makeing this all so complicated!

I'm not shore what to do...

"I want him to have aring when we get married"...
"I'd be fine with a modist ring then the bigger one later but thne how do we do his ring nad everything?" over whelming,,,,,

"NAVY GIRLFRIED"

I can't even think clear to write my question....
Smile Mistikawasaki@hotmail.com

Edited by: BenniesGirl on Feb 23, 2009 5:13 PM

AmyLarr Posts : 8 Registered: 2/23/09
Re: PLEASE HELP....
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: BenniesGirl

There are many companies that custom create pieces for minimal costs. Especially internet based companies. If you guys work through an internet jeweler you can both look at the same settings even being so far away from each other. You can also both communicate through Emails with each other and the jeweler. Tell the jeweler your scenario and they can work it out for you. You should be able to pick your Wedding Ring set and then have the jeweler custom create a matching band for him.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: PLEASE HELP....
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: BenniesGirl

Your post is confusing. But if I understand you right, you're getting married now and planning a vow renewal in a few years, which will be your big, 'wedding-like' party. Your FH wants to buy simple rings now and buy you an engagement-ring type diamond ring later. And you want your wedding bands to match.

Ok, there seems like a simple solution to this problem. Go to a jewelry store and buy matching wedding bands now. In a few years, if you still want a traditional engagement ring, buy one then. It can commemorate your vow renewal.

You don't need to buy wedding bands, engagement rings, or anything else as a set. Yours and his do not need to match, though it's fine if you want them to. You don't need to buy a set, though - it's quite possible to find two wedding bands that look nice together and 'match,' but the jeweler never intended to sell them as a set. Your wedding band and your engagement ring do not need to be purchased as a set in order to look nice together. Mine weren't a set, and they go together great.

I would buy your wedding bands now - as a set, if you want. Then when you're ready to get the diamond ring to go with it, try on lots of rings to see what goes best with your wedding band. Or, as a PP mentioned, you could get it custom-made, if you need to.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine